+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default someone give me some support/advice

I'm 22 and I'm eat up with hairloss. I think I'm a NW 2 to 3. But I look even worse. My closest friends all have full thick heads of hair and they don't even have to think a second thought about it. All of them have had gorgeous girlfriends and I've never had one. I never leave the house, or hardly even get out of my bedroom without some kind of hat on my head. I'm so sick of hiding my receding hairline. It is not fair that I have to put up with this bullshit in these young years. I wouldn't mind it if I was 50s or older. But these are the years I'm supposed to look good, be vital. I'm neither. I've had at least seven different surgeries scheduled with the same doctor that have all been cancelled at the last minute due my other contriubtor (my mother) failing to produce the funds. I've told her over and over that she will not have to pay a dime for this as I will pay her back. I've already got 4800 of my own dollars invested in this as well, all she needs to provide is 3000 and I can pay her off. I know she has the money. My parents are freakin' loaded. I hate to sound like a brat, but this is killing me. I cannot stand the way I look and I don't want to wait and see the results 5 to 10 years down the road, when it doesn't matter if I'm bald or not. I want to see them now when I can actually get some use out of the results as I'm still young. Like I said, If I was older, I'd just buzz the shit and be done with it.

Don't get surgery at 22.

Re hair loss: Deal with it. You're the one whose holding yourself back.

Shave /buzz your head, maybe grow some facial hair, start a gym /exercise regimen, improve your wardrobe and dress habits. Read books, develop hobbies, cultivate success.

Sincerely,
    A 21 year old NW3 in a similar situation.

If you're not on preventative treatments, you'll probably just bald behind your hair transplant and look like a dingus who wasted a bunch of money.

Start there. Trust me, I'm pushing NW3 and my hair loss has slowed dramatically after 9 months of treatment. If I waited until now, I'd probably be saying the thing at NW5 next year.

It's not your parents responsibility to buy you a HT and if you never leave your room, I question your ability to pay them back. Get on preventative meds and start bettering yourself. Consider HT in a year.

what doctor was the surgeries scheduled with?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    If you're not on preventative treatments, you'll probably just bald behind your hair transplant and look like a dingus who wasted a bunch of money.

Start there. Trust me, I'm pushing NW3 and my hair loss has slowed dramatically after 9 months of treatment. If I waited until now, I'd probably be saying the thing at NW5 next year.

It's not your parents responsibility to buy you a HT and if you never leave your room, I question your ability to pay them back. Get on preventative meds and start bettering yourself. Consider HT in a year.
    First of all, don't make assumptions, and don't tell me what my responsibilities are. I have a very good job, and I'm out of my room all the time. I said I never leave my room WITHOUT A HAT ON MY HEAD, if you bothered to read my post thoroughly.

I don't want to have a HT in a year and see results when I'm in my late 20s (when it doesn't matter anymore). I've got things I want to do before then that require looking sexy with a full head of hair as the line of work I'm going into requires me to look good. Plus, there is just a certain way I WANT to look. Sue me if that's a crime. I'll get on rogaine as soon as I have grafts on my head.

give more details about yer family history, your HT goals etc

what have HT docs said?

IF you are destined for a high NW before 30 and have not yet stabilized your loss, no reputable HT doc is going to perform on you.

Also FUT is out of the question for you and FUE does not always have as high a yield so you will need a large number of grafts

you have to be realistic, your not getting a low dense hairline and ending up looking like all your friends with thick heads of hair you need to be conservative

post pics if u can also and details about HT docs you saw and what they said

Ok, well, I went to see Dr. Jack Fisher in Nashville, Tennessee, a IAHRS recomended surgeon. He analized my hair density and told me that he would normally show guys my age the door, but he said I'm actually one of those rare few young men who make a good candidate for transplantation. So I scheduled a surgery for 1500 grafts. But cancelled due to budget problems. I have rescheduled at least five times and have had to cancel each time. My mother is in with me 100% to help me get my hair fixed, but each time she has not been able to contribute her part of the funds. The office already has $4800 of my money and is holding it for me until I come up with the difference.

The thing is, my dad is thin on top, but he's 68 years old and honestly is in better shape hair wise than I am. My maternal grandfather and uncles all have full thick heads of hair.

If I wanted a buzzed hair style I would do it. But I don't want that hairstyle. I want my long hair back like I had when I was a sophomore in high school. I'm 6'2" and weight 145 lbs soaking wet, I have huge ears too. I would look goofy as hell with a shaved head. The thing is, with hair, I'm male model material, but without hair I look like total shit.

I'm not going to **** around with propecia. I don't want or need the sides it give you. I have rogaine, but it honestly seems like a waste of time. I have nizoral too, which I use on occasion.

Can you post some pics of your hair bro? Without seeing them I can't really give you any good advice...

Looks like your genes aren't all that bad but it is hard to be certain how your hair loss will progress.

Very surprised your HT doc didn't urge you to get on fin being as you are young and your loss has not stabilized...I looked him up he seems legit, but post those pics if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Ok, well, I went to see Dr. Jack Fisher in Nashville, Tennessee, a IAHRS recomended surgeon. He analized my hair density and told me that he would normally show guys my age the door, but he said I'm actually one of those rare few young men who make a good candidate for transplantation. So I scheduled a surgery for 1500 grafts. But cancelled due to budget problems. I have rescheduled at least five times and have had to cancel each time. My mother is in with me 100% to help me get my hair fixed, but each time she has not been able to contribute her part of the funds. The office already has $4800 of my money and is holding it for me until I come up with the difference.

The thing is, my dad is thin on top, but he's 68 years old and honestly is in better shape hair wise than I am. My maternal grandfather and uncles all have full thick heads of hair.

If I wanted a buzzed hair style I would do it. But I don't want that hairstyle. I want my long hair back like I had when I was a sophomore in high school. I'm 6'2" and weight 145 lbs soaking wet, I have huge ears too. I would look goofy as hell with a shaved head. The thing is, with hair, I'm male model material, but without hair I look like total shit.

I'm not going to **** around with propecia. I don't want or need the sides it give you. I have rogaine, but it honestly seems like a waste of time. I have nizoral too, which I use on occasion.
    At 22 and not willing to get on finasteride, you could be making a huge mistake having a hair transplant. Very few people who start losing their hair at a young age don't end up with an advanced norwood pattern. If you plant a fairly aggressive hairline now, and continue to bald you most likely won't have the donor to keep up. Also from your posts it seems like you are chasing a perfect head of hair, and if you really are a NW 3, 1500 grafts isn't going to give you that. For someone who is losing hair at a young age, a NW 2 should be considered a full head of hair, because you aren't going to be able to achieve much more than that if you advance to an advanced norwood level.

Also I know you said Dr. Jack Fisher is an IAHRS recommended surgeon, however I have not seen much of his work, and I have been around for a while. There are literally only a handful of doctors I would consider letting work on me, make sure you are going to the best doctor you can and not just the one closest or most convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    At 22 and not willing to get on finasteride, you could be making a huge mistake having a hair transplant. Very few people who start losing their hair at a young age don't end up with an advanced norwood pattern. If you plant a fairly aggressive hairline now, and continue to bald you most likely won't have the donor to keep up. Also from your posts it seems like you are chasing a perfect head of hair, and if you really are a NW 3, 1500 grafts isn't going to give you that. For someone who is losing hair at a young age, a NW 2 should be considered a full head of hair, because you aren't going to be able to achieve much more than that if you advance to an advanced norwood level.

Also I know you said Dr. Jack Fisher is an IAHRS recommended surgeon, however I have not seen much of his work, and I have been around for a while. There are literally only a handful of doctors I would consider letting work on me, make sure you are going to the best doctor you can and not just the one closest or most convenient for you.
    You can look up Dr. Fisher's achievements, they are pretty impressive. I think he'll do. I'll take that risk.

I simply will not take finasteride. Don't want to **** around with something with side affects involving my prostate and sexual health, or mental health for that matter.

I'm not a NW3, but I am a little worse than NW2 I think. But I honestly can't tell much by comparing myself to that scale. It's hard to tell exactly what I am.

I'll try to get some pics on here.