+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Schrodinger's Box
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    I wish I could get some pics on here but my computer screen is broken and I'm having to use my smartphone. But after looking at the NW again, I've pretty much determined that I'm slightly less if not exactly a NW 2. But this scale doesn't seem to account for unique hairline and head shapes so its tough to tell exactly. Also, the density around the front is worse than the NW would show.

    Believe it or not, I have done some hard research and I believe 1500 grafts would put me back to my youthful hairline. I also know its not as much about getting that hairline back as it is giving the appearance of a full head of hair.

    I know finasteride could be crucial to stopping further hairloss, but I'm still extremely reluctant to take it. I just don't need more complications to my life and it seems like finasteride resolves a key issues in ones life, but it comes at the cost of other key parts of life (I.e. reproductive/mental health). But I'll discuss this with my doctor.

    As far as the surgeon I picked out, yes he is the closest one to me, but I think he will do just fine.
    Planting an aggressive juvenile hairline at 22 is a huge mistake. Any doctor that would agree to do so has questionable ethics in my opinion. With you losing hair at such a young age you are more than likely going to lose a lot more in the future, and I promise you one thing, if you plant an aggressive hairline now you will not have the donor to keep up with the loss. Then you'll end up with a terrible head of hair and not have the ability to shave down.

    Also if you are a NW 2 or less, you have a full head of hair, and if you are so concerned about it that you can't leave the house without a hat, you have some other issues that a hair transplant isn't going to fix. You came on here asking for advice, but what you really want is for us to confirm your decision and tell you that you're right, however every person here has told you the complete opposite and for good reason. At your age you are very immature and short sided, you can't see past next week let alone 10-20 years into the future. If you head down this path without proper planning, which you clearly are not doing, you will end up in a very bad place. All of this is irrelevant since your mind is made up, I only hope your mom reads this so she doesn't give you the money. Anyways good luck to you, I hope you win the lottery and this all works out for you.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Planting an aggressive juvenile hairline at 22 is a huge mistake. Any doctor that would agree to do so has questionable ethics in my opinion. With you losing hair at such a young age you are more than likely going to lose a lot more in the future, and I promise you one thing, if you plant an aggressive hairline now you will not have the donor to keep up with the loss. Then you'll end up with a terrible head of hair and not have the ability to shave down.

    Also if you are a NW 2 or less, you have a full head of hair, and if you are so concerned about it that you can't leave the house without a hat, you have some other issues that a hair transplant isn't going to fix. You came on here asking for advice, but what you really want is for us to confirm your decision and tell you that you're right, however every person here has told you the complete opposite and for good reason. At your age you are very immature and short sided, you can't see past next week let alone 10-20 years into the future. If you head down this path without proper planning, which you clearly are not doing, you will end up in a very bad place. All of this is irrelevant since your mind is made up, I only hope your mom reads this so she doesn't give you the money. Anyways good luck to you, I hope you win the lottery and this all works out for you.
    If one of makes another evaluation about me, calling me immature, a brat, or an asshole again, consider yourself reported. You guys probably think I live at home and am unemployed. Both or which are false.

    This is afterall the "coping with hairloss in daily life" forum so forgive me if I perceived this forum as more of the "blowing off steem" or "ranting" forum. I didn't know I would have to watch what I say to make sure it was perfect for the people who read.

    Everything you guys are saying has been well noted. But stop with the personal attacks and suggestions that I'm immature and am bumming off my mother. I buy her groceries, pay half her monthly bills, and sometimes loan money to both my parents for payroll for my parent's business. So I am in no way an immature brat.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Schrodinger's Box
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    If one of makes another evaluation about me, calling me immature, a brat, or an asshole again, consider yourself reported. You guys probably think I live at home and am unemployed. Both or which are false.

    This is afterall the "coping with hairloss in daily life" forum so forgive me if I perceived this forum as more of the "blowing off steem" or "ranting" forum. I didn't know I would have to watch what I say to make sure it was perfect for the people who read.

    Everything you guys are saying has been well noted. But stop with the personal attacks and suggestions that I'm immature and am bumming off my mother. I buy her groceries, pay half her monthly bills, and sometimes loan money to both my parents for payroll for my parent's business. So I am in no way an immature brat.
    I never said you were a brat or bumming off your mother. You said your mom was supplying the rest of the money for the procedure, not anyone else.

    I do however consider you immature, because that is what you come across as, report me all you want. You are a NW 2 or less by your own admission, which IMO does not warrant a transplant. Your risking a whole hell of a lot for something that shouldn't be that big of an issue, and your glossing over everyone's advice to slow down, because you could be making a huge mistake.

    So I'll stop posting in your thread, since I don't want to be reported, and leave you with what you came here for....


    Hi Baldnessfalls! Welcome to the forum! That sucks your mom is being so lame and you've had to back out of so many procedures! 22 is the perfect age for a hair transplant, and Dr. Fisher is the best doctor in the whole wide world!! This will be the best decision you will ever make and you will definitely never ever regret this for as long as you live. You will be male model material after this procedure, all the problems in your life will be solved, and I'm sure I will see you on billboards in the near future!! Good luck buddy!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    I don't think greatjob was trying to offend you. I actually read his post twice to see if maybe I missed something that could have been offensive. You over reacted to his post. That might be the reason why people are questioning your maturity. When you come on here asking for advice or input you have to expect that sometimes you will hear things that you don't agree with. It doesn't mean anybody is necessarily 100% right or wrong they are just giving you their opinion.

    All this threatening to report people is just ridiculous. Nothing worth reporting or banning anyone over. I like it around here, but if reporting someone just because you don't like what they are saying resulted in them getting warned or banned this place would be a sad place and I wouldn't want to be here. That would be a total abuse of the reporting system.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    I buy her groceries, pay half her monthly bills, and sometimes loan money to both my parents for payroll for my parent's business. So I am in no way an immature brat.
    In your first post you said your parents were "loaded". Not sure of your definition of loaded, but why would your parents need a loan from you if they were well off. I don't consider myself loaded, but I don't need anybody to help me pay for my living expenses.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Baldnessfalls, I feel I have to post because we are in a very similar situation with regards to age and hairline and I think you are going about tackling this (in my opinion) the wrong way.

    Your hair loss has started early and you have to accept that it will continue even if a juvenile hairline transplant goes ahead. A lot of people have mentioned this before so I'm not going to go into detail, but there is essentially no point undergoing this procedure until your hair loss has stabilised. I know what going bald feels like and this surgery may seem like a light at the end of the tunnel but trust me, it isn't, and you could rush into something you will really regret down the line.

    My advice to you (and what I am currently doing) is to get on the big 3 asap. This should at least stabilise (and potentially regrow recent) hair loss if you respond favourably. Don't worry about finasteride mate seriously, if the worst comes to the worst you can just quit the drug. Any legit hair doc will start you on these meds anyway if a transplant is something you really want to pursue so you may as well get started now.

    Really hope you reconsider, nobody is out to get you on this forum and all the advice so far has been sound.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    In your first post you said your parents were "loaded". Not sure of your definition of loaded, but why would your parents need a loan from you if they were well off. I don't consider myself loaded, but I don't need anybody to help me pay for my living expenses.
    They've got a lot of money in their savings account. To be honest, I have no idea why they ask me for loans. I just help pay for some of their stuff because I like to help them out.

    I was really referring to Bigthinker, he did call me both a brat and an asshole.

    I'm sorry for reacting too quickly. I understand what everyone here is saying. But someone's got to feel where I'm coming from too.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    They've got a lot of money in their savings account. To be honest, I have no idea why they ask me for loans. I just help pay for some of their stuff because I like to help them out.

    I was really referring to Bigthinker, he did call me both a brat and an asshole.

    I'm sorry for reacting too quickly. I understand what everyone here is saying. But someone's got to feel where I'm coming from too.

    Trust me, I as well as others around here know where you are coming from. I started losing my hair around 22, it sucked, big time. We just don't want you to make a mistake that you will regret later in life. Good luck with whatever you decide though.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713

    Default not so bad

    Hey man, if you're 6'2 and good looking, just accept it, trust me. I'm 31 and I know really good looking women who date tall bald guys all the time. stay fit and make money and your hair will mean nothing. You won the lottery already with your height and good looks, so many men are balding and wish they were in your situation. if your ears are that much of a problem, which i doubt they are, fix those instead of your hair, it will be less noticeable and less of a disaster than a hair transplant at a young age. girls your age won't care that you are thinning if you're confident, and girls in their 30's might actually find baldness attractive if you're tall and handsome. Quite a few women prefer a shaved head to long hair. I feel your pain, and as a fellow handsome guy who will lose a lot of attractiveness when i have to fully shave down, I know it sucks to lose that part of what you've been given. Life is about how we deal with loss, and you still have tons going for you.

    PS a high hairline isn't even a bad thing, you're a bit early for it, but most guys around 30 have a very high hairline, and still look great and manly. if your dad still has hair and your moms side does too, then probably you can get a HT if youre still worried ten years down the road.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Trust me, my high hairline makes me look goofy as hell. When I said I was NW 2 or "less" I meant NW 2 or "worse". I'm definitely in between 2 and 3. But not quite yet a 3. The way I look at it, if your a 2 or worse, you might as well be a 5. Receeding hair is receeding hair and any recession makes you look like what you are, a balding guy. I'd just assume have no hair than to have a receding hairline. What's the damn point in having it if its looks like your going bald and looks like total ess aitch eye tee!

    My ideal plan is to have the 1500 grafts, then get on some kind of meds I suppose. As well as minoxidil. Does anyone here think thats a bad idea?

    I've looked at myself in the mirror. Its no wonder why girls don't come near me. I look like total shit. I wish hairloss was a person so I could torture and kill him heinously. Mother****er!

Similar Threads

  1. Worst Advice to Give
    By Notcoolanymore in forum Hair Loss Rants
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 02:08 PM
  2. This is my story so far with MPB at age 18. PLEASE READ AND GIVE ME ADVICE.
    By Baldingat18 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 11:46 AM
  3. Come look at my balding head and give me advice :)
    By theDawckta in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 07:12 AM
  4. help me and give advice for homemade tips
    By leenapaul76 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 11:15 PM
  5. Hey 23 years old, just looking for support maybe advice
    By hellohello in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Something that Worked for me
Today 10:06 AM
Last Post By Jessieee
Today 10:06 AM
Hello Everyone. I need some honest opinions
Yesterday 11:03 PM
Last Post By Artista
Today 08:57 AM
Fue hair transplant
11-22-2010 05:31 AM
by whoops
Last Post By nhtdelhi
Today 05:43 AM
FUT in Malaga with Dr Casqero Vinci Clinic
Today 05:36 AM
by Gfunk
Last Post By Gfunk
Today 05:36 AM
Where to go UK?
09-25-2016 12:54 PM
Last Post By Spex
Today 03:56 AM
24 but bigheaded from birth. Has it receded more?
Today 02:01 AM
by Ktt
Last Post By Dfaru94
Today 03:12 AM