+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The problem is that baldness screws up a person's attractiveness (and well-being) much more than such things as having a big nose or being short. Having a big nose or a weird skull shape is soooo minimal when compared with baldness. These giddy parents who are just itching at the bit to have a cute little baby should really think things through first and think about what garbage genetics they are passing on to their children.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    As I was leaving costco today I saw a nw6 holding a new born baby. If I knew for a fact that the baby was a boy, I would have confronted the guy.
    If you're serious, you have a million of men to confront then -- including your dad.

What if you were leaving costco and saw an nw6 holding a hot babes hand?

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    The problem is that baldness screws up a person's attractiveness (and well-being) much more than such things as having a big nose or being short. Having a big nose or a weird skull shape is soooo minimal when compared with baldness. These giddy parents who are just itching at the bit to have a cute little baby should really think things through first and think about what garbage genetics they are passing on to their children.
    LOL. Yeah, because people with other undesirable physical traits don't let it affect their attractiveness and well-being???

God, this thread makes me want to leave this place.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    LOL. Yeah, because people with other undesirable physical traits don't let it affect their attractiveness and well-being???

God, this thread makes me want to leave this place.
    All I'm saying is that hair loss is so much more detrimental to a person's good looks than a big nose or the shape of a person's skull. I've always had a big nose and I couldn't care less about that. Yet hair loss has hit me like a ton of bricks. I see your hair loss is barely noticeable man, and you're really lucky for that. I really wonder if you'd feel differently if you were an NW6.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyBateman View Post
    Unsure if this is a serious comment or not.

Assuming it is - why didn't you just ask him if its a boy or a girl? If you were prepared to "confront" this stranger if you knew it was a boy anyway, then it's nothing to just ask him what sex his baby is, right?

In fact, you must see NW6/7's all the time, with children. What do you plan to say exactly when you confront them?

What about short men..will you confront them for having children?
    Not being serious. Just trying to lighten it up around here. That's what I do. If we prevented people from having kids based on potential for defects the human race would go extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    If you're serious, you have a million of men to confront then -- including your dad.

What if you were leaving costco and saw an nw6 holding a hot babes hand?
    I would tip my cap to the guy. I hate my hair just as much as the next guy here, but I have learned to deal with it. I don't walk around like its the end of the world. Losing my hair since my early twenties, I get the mentality of most of the guys around here, but we need to put things into perspective. Hair loss sucks, but things can get a lot worse.

BTW, I thought my comment about "confronting the guy" was amusing. Silly, but amusing. Confronting random guys on the street can be pretty dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Not being serious. Just trying to lighten it up around here. That's what I do. If we prevented people from having kids based on potential for defects the human race would go extinct.
    Normally I'd assume that such a comment was a joke.

But the original poster of this thread was serious (or claims to be), so couldn't rule it out...

You're effectively suggesting that your parents shouldn't have had you, and you are calling for yourself not to have been born. Hey, I get the pain of hair loss. It's devastating. But thoughts like this are not in line.

I will make the assumption that you live in a wealthy western free democratic nation, have never starved a day in your life , and always have had a roof over your head. Congrats, you are already doing better than half of humanity.

Also, to take your thoughts literally...a baby born now, will be say 25 in the year 2038. Do you not think there'll be some seriously better treatments for their potential hairloss by then?

All I'm saying is that hair loss is so much more detrimental to a person's good looks than a big nose or the shape of a person's skull. I've always had a big nose and I couldn't care less about that. Yet hair loss has hit me like a ton of bricks. I see your hair loss is barely noticeable man, and you're really lucky for that. I really wonder if you'd feel differently if you were an NW6.
    It's definitely noticeable. I've got a handful of comments . It's just early enough that it frames my face and when I have a beard it's detracted. Hell, the girl I'm currently seeing on and off likes my mature look and I'm 25.

Trust me, I know I've got it good relative to some. But, even on treatment, my hair is below baseline. The uncertainly is just as troubling. I'm still gonna get married and pump mini-mes. I've spent a lot of time stressing hair loss, but it just ain't worth it anymore. Honestly, reading this thread has made me feel relatively good about my mental state regardless hair loss.