+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Ya know, I have had this same thought about maybe I should just never have kids. I mean the world is overpopulated as it is and there are plenty of other dudes with way better hair genetics out there than me. That being said, I'm glad I was born and other than my hair I consider myself to be a pretty good looking guy. It could be argued that the reason we are on this earth is to reproduce and to not do so is selfish even if you do think you have bad genetics. You could have a son who is shorter, fatter, uglier than you and start balding before you did, but he might be happy as hell just to be alive. Who are you to deny him that? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Ya know, I have had this same thought about maybe I should just never have kids. I mean the world is overpopulated as it is and there are plenty of other dudes with way better hair genetics out there than me. That being said, I'm glad I was born and other than my hair I consider myself to be a pretty good looking guy. It could be argued that the reason we are on this earth is to reproduce and to not do so is selfish even if you do think you have bad genetics. You could have a son who is shorter, fatter, uglier than you and start balding before you did, but he might be happy as hell just to be alive. Who are you to deny him that? Just a thought.
    I can not deny someone who does not exist. & I can not see how reproducing w/ a genetic trait as bad as andro alopecia is less selfish than sparing the next generation from yet another set of MPB genes.

Also there are not short fat ugly people who are happy as hell to be alive. At best they can distract themselves from their own situation w/ drugs, TV etc

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I can not deny someone who does not exist. & I can not see how reproducing w/ a genetic trait as bad as andro alopecia is less selfish than sparing the next generation from yet another set of MPB genes.

Also there are not short fat ugly people who are happy as hell to be alive. At best they can distract themselves from their own situation w/ drugs, TV etc
    Not being happy with the way we look can of course be a real downer. My wife and I watched an episode of the TV series "White Collar" last night. In one scene Mat Bomer, Tim Dekay and Willie Garson were sitting in a car waiting for a computer hacker contact to phone them. The computer hacker was played by Lena Headey (Sarah Conner from the Sarah Conner Chronicles). From across the street, looking in the car she requested the handsome guy. Both Mat Bomer and Tim DeKay started to get out of the car. Lena Head said no, the handsome guy in the back, who was Willie Garson pictured below (third from the left). Willie got the girl later in the show.

In real life Willie's look is popular with some women. As women get older they often realize the importance/superiority of inner qualities in men

Willie Garson Interview
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	handsome-guy.jpg

Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	25831  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:30 PM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Klebba_%26_Eaton.JPG

Check out this guy. 4'1" and could not possibly be more bald. He's an actor and stunt performer. His wife is pretty hot for a little person, and he has a son who is over a foot taller than him. I bet you he's happy to be alive. Everybody's always saying, "famous people don't count they weren't bald when they got famous." This dude was never taller than 4'1".

His wife is the hottest looking little person I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    In real life Willie's look is popular with some women. As women get older they often realize the importance/superiority of inner qualities in men
    Well yes. When aging forces you off the market it makes sense to settle down w/ a stable guy who can provide so you can finish your life in some comfort

Check out this guy. 4'1" and could not possibly be more bald. He's an actor and stunt performer. His wife is pretty hot for a little person, and he has a son who is over a foot taller than him. I bet you he's happy to be alive. Everybody's always saying, "famous people don't count they weren't bald when they got famous." This dude was never taller than 4'1".
    Yet who here (forum dedicated to a depressing problem) would trade places with him? Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Who cares about used up older women? They have had their fun with guys they thought were hot and now want to settle down with a beta loser. They don't care about looks at that point of course, but it is due to their desire to leech off from a rich man, and not because they are attracted to such a man.

Yet who here (forum dedicated to a depressing problem) would trade places with him? Nobody
    Check and Mate.

I wouldn't trade places with him and I know none of us would either I'm just trying to say that his family reproduced with the baldness gene, and he reproduced despite not having excellent genetics and it all turned out ok. If you're bald, and you find a woman you like, and she wants to have kids with you, then you must have turned out ok and your kid will be alright too. I know this is a devastating, unfair part of life, but I don't think it is immoral to reproduce with it.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I wouldn't trade places with him and I know none of us would either I'm just trying to say that his family reproduced with the baldness gene, and he reproduced despite not having excellent genetics and it all turned out ok. If you're bald, and you find a woman you like, and she wants to have kids with you, then you must have turned out ok and your kid will be alright too. I know this is a devastating, unfair part of life, but I don't think it is immoral to reproduce with it.
    The majority of men don't want to lose hair, but hair loss doesn't bother all men or women. For example, we had a man in for scar repair resulting from mohs skin cancer surgery. The long scar affected his temple point and beard area. He just wanted to have the beard and temple areas filled in. He is a wealthy happily married Norwood 6. He expressed no desire whatsoever to address his MPB.

Some women prefer bald men because they find them more masculine.

I remember working with brothers only a few years apart in age. Both were Norwood sevens by their early thirties. One was a recluse with no girlfriends and wore a decent looking hairpiece. The other cut his hair short, didn't seem to care about his hair loss, and he always had women. He was short and overweight. Women generally speaking, prefer good character, an upbeat personality and self confidence.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:30 PM.