+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Very very happy to hear the good news brother! It gets pretty rough when your sheddding like a MOFO, losing ground, and it seems like its only gonna get worse. That's basically whats happening to me now. I've been on kirkland minox since august and fin since august too. But i was only taking 0.25mg and it did nothing to my DHT so had to up it to 1mg beginning of October. To think a year ago considering fin was a huge deal for me and I was very against it, and now I am getting impatient and wanting to pop some muhf*ckin dut for Christs sake lol.

Ah well, our fate is in the hands of the MPB Gods now.

I, like you, would be pretty pleased just maintaining a nw2.5-2.8. Im tellin ya man worse part about MPB is the constant progression and fear of knowing what is in store if you don't stop it. Id take a nw2.5 with loss completely halted over a nw1 that is slowly slowly heading down hill any day.
    Yeah, I'm confident you'll be in my position soon - done shedding. Then we're onto worrying about the next thing, regrowth and maintenance.

I did the premature dut thing already. Took it like twice and decided I was being impatient so discontinued. It's not worth it.

Here's to keeping out NW2.5's.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yeah, I'm confident you'll be in my position soon - done shedding. Then we're onto worrying about the next thing, regrowth and maintenance.

I did the premature dut thing already. Took it like twice and decided I was being impatient so discontinued. It's not worth it.

Do you pull up thin hairs when you use minox?

I'm definitely not shedding any more on a consistent basis (3.5 months in) but when I rub the minox into my hairline, I pull up some thin hairs every time, and I can see about 5 or so in my white sink. Granted, they are all thin as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post

Yup the coming months should be interesting man. It is actually very common for fin results to peak at 18 months - 2 years. Statistics are on our side, but ya never know. I do think it is important to get DHT tested to make sure it has been cut by atleast 50%, or else low dose of dut is a wise idea for those who fin doesn't cut it for.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I can see your point, 25 going on 65. I am not sure that I would outright say that people who suffer from hair loss should not have kids, but I will say that before a couple decides to have children, they should put serious thought into what kinds of genetic defects they could be passing on to their children and how these defects will manifest themselves in their children's lives. I doubt that I will ever have children (mainly due to other factors besides hair loss), but if I ever do, I will damn sure put in the aforementioned "serious thought" that I described.
    This. The genes you give your kids affect their lives as much or more than how you raise them

woah thats trippy you quoted somthing i didn't say lol
    I was trying to quote baldozer but I messed up the code

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyBateman View Post
    I thought this was a wind-up, but the poster has > 1,000 posts, so he must be a serious poster, and hence it was a serious comment.

The only thing to conclude from this is that if you sincerely believe a life isn't worth living, if you have hair loss, then you indeed should not have kids. Fortunately, most hair loss sufferers do not condemn themselves in such a way.
    I was & am serious. When you have a child suffering from andro alopecia, YOU are the one who did that to them. W/ modern knowledge it makes no sense to blame luck or the environment. You directly inflicted a disfiguring dermatological problem on another human being who had no say in the matter
    Can you not see how that is immoral?

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    I mean, not to be a complete dick here - but would you consider yourself unattractive? Like, regardless of hair..?
    Because you sound extremely bitter and jaded, and I'm trying to figure out if you thought with hair you were some sort of demi-god looking dude and now you think you look like a circus freak?
    I mean I think I'm a decent looking guy, and if my hair disappears completely I think I'll still be able to do well for myself, I'll just have to work a lot harder. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I've decided that for myself. I don't mean I'm going to get a 10/10 model chick or something, maybe I will? Who knows, all I know is I'm deciding my own value.

If you feel like a 0/10, who the hell wants to put any value in your stock anyway? How can you expect someone to treat you any better than you see yourself? By what you're saying, it doesn't seem like you give anyone a chance outside their appearance though..

Try to learn to love yourself, man, I'd say I do about 50% of the time, up from 25% when I first noticed my hair going.
    Thankyou. Unfortunately appearance has been central to my ID for too long now to go back
    To answer your question. I would never call myself a "demi god" as I have BDD. I get obsessed about any flaw I think I have. However if I try to be objective or go by what other people say, then yes I was srsly goodlooking w/ a full head of hair

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    Do you pull up thin hairs when you use minox?

I'm definitely not shedding any more on a consistent basis (3.5 months in) but when I rub the minox into my hairline, I pull up some thin hairs every time, and I can see about 5 or so in my white sink. Granted, they are all thin as hell.
    Honestly, I have zero shedding - haven't for a month or so. The only thin hairs being pulled are the small blonde hairs poking themselves outta my scalp likely due to minox. When I was shedding, I was shedding miniaturized hairs almost exclusively. On the rare occasion I lose a hair these days, they're miniaturized too. I just combed my hair like 25 times and 1 hair came off - miniaturized as hell.

Yup the coming months should be interesting man. It is actually very common for fin results to peak at 18 months - 2 years. Statistics are on our side, but ya never know. I do think it is important to get DHT tested to make sure it has been cut by atleast 50%, or else low dose of dut is a wise idea for those who fin doesn't cut it for.
    I probably should get my blood tested, but I'm too lazy. I'll just monitor my hair with photos and go see a doc when I get worried again. I'm actually pretty comfortable with my hair now. Just got a fresh hair cut and it looks great.

both jack nicholson and sean connery would never have been born if people listened to the original poster.

25/65,

The problem with implementing any kind of eugenics in this matter is that all evidence points to AGA being a polygenic trait. Furthermore the gene set involved is still unknown. There is therefore no one "bald gene" to pass down to offspring. Recombinant factors are at play which makes familial history at best a random guess.

Consider my own situation: My father is 73, and is barely at NW2, and doesn't even have any gray. My uncles are in their 60's and are the same way. My mother's side didn't have it either. Yet here I am creeping into NW4 territory. My point is you couldn't make a "safe" determination to have children simply by the absence of the condition. AGA's properties are ubiquitous enough to manifest under even the most unlikely of ancestors.

<<The biggest parenting mistake most people make is reproducing when their genes are not good enough. Do not be selfish>>

And herein lies our dilemma: Under most scenarios, we don't KNOW what that is. Some of the brightest people on the planet come from average parents. The most attractive people typically come from "ho-hum" lookers. Beauty does not always beget beauty. Ugly does not always beget ugly.

Look, I know you're venting, but stop trying to pretend you're going to do mankind a favor by withholding your crap genetics. Because the truth of the matter is you're not smart enough to make a judgement of what is crap and what isn't. None of us are.

As I was leaving costco today I saw a nw6 holding a new born baby. If I knew for a fact that the baby was a boy, I would have confronted the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    As I was leaving costco today I saw a nw6 holding a new born baby. If I knew for a fact that the baby was a boy, I would have confronted the guy.
    If this forum had signatures, this post would be mine

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Unsure if this is a serious comment or not.

Assuming it is - why didn't you just ask him if its a boy or a girl? If you were prepared to "confront" this stranger if you knew it was a boy anyway, then it's nothing to just ask him what sex his baby is, right?

In fact, you must see NW6/7's all the time, with children. What do you plan to say exactly when you confront them?

What about short men..will you confront them for having children?