+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    ^^ Hey BigThinker bro how is fin/minox going for you lately

#noshamehijackingthisthread

I sware man we have almost the same hair, texture degree of loss and ive been on my regimen a lot shorter than you + dipping below baseline and mad shedding lately.
    Hey bro,

Shedding is nonexistent. 1-2 hairs on my hands tops when I shower. I pass the pull test all day long; I'm talking like 5 consecutive pulls, zero hairs. But, as you just said, I am indeed at least slightly below baseline. The hairs *on* my head that are of "full" length are high quality. Lots of tiny blonde hairs at the hairline from minox, but I don't suspect they'll ever go terminal.

If you recall, I was shedding almost exclusively miniaturized hairs when I was going through my insanely long shed. I think I was probably about done shedding from fin (~6 months) when I added minox which is when the shedding went nuts. Finally on the other side of that and if shedding is indicative of a positive response to treatment, I think I might just preserve my NW2.5 after all.

Hoping to see regrowth to baseline, but I'll be content with keeping what I have. Better part of 9 months on fin and about 2.5 months (I think) on minox -- still a while till regrowth.

How's all with you?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Most people SHOULD NOT reproduce & you list some of the possible reasons why
    However the most obvious and often most important reasons are physical. Except in extreme cases (severe autism, being so stupid you cannot handle basic arithmetic, incurable suicidal depression, etc), looking like crap is basically the worst disadvantage you can have in life. And unfortunately hair loss beyond a certain point means looking like crap for most men

FYI I would not say all the things you listed are dealbreakers for having kids. Abnormally dark or light skin, thin eyebrows, lame deltoids can be fine. Depends on many other factors
    I like ya, bud, but you're starting to sound like Highlander. We all know hair loss sucks. That's why we're here. This talk about not reproducing is absurd though, and I really think you know that and are just a bit shook up about something.

Very very happy to hear the good news brother! It gets pretty rough when your sheddding like a MOFO, losing ground, and it seems like its only gonna get worse. That's basically whats happening to me now. I've been on kirkland minox since august and fin since august too. But i was only taking 0.25mg and it did nothing to my DHT so had to up it to 1mg beginning of October. To think a year ago considering fin was a huge deal for me and I was very against it, and now I am getting impatient and wanting to pop some muhf*ckin dut for Christs sake lol.

Ah well, our fate is in the hands of the MPB Gods now.

I, like you, would be pretty pleased just maintaining a nw2.5-2.8. Im tellin ya man worse part about MPB is the constant progression and fear of knowing what is in store if you don't stop it. Id take a nw2.5 with loss completely halted over a nw1 that is slowly slowly heading down hill any day.

what if you end up reproducing with someone and the combination of your DNA yields a Jason Statham type kid?

Dawg look around there are plenty of bald guys who are at least average looking, if your in shape its a huge plus.
    You are a genuinely likeable poster but come on man, a bald guy who is average in looks is lucky....not common. Most bald guys I see day to day vary from terrible to below average
    There are goodlooking bald guys like Statham, but they are SO rare it is just not worth the risk of having a kid. This is a human life we are gambling with

I don't think so. If you are bald, at least make sure you are in shape, and grow some facial hair to take the attention away from the head and balance the face. Also helps if you are tall. So what I'm saying is that you can look pretty good even bald.
    These things can help but they do not come close to compensating for a lack of facial attractiveness (which baldness alone is enough to cause in most cases)
    Your face is the #1 most important thing for being attractive, period. & almost all faces require at least a decent frame of hair to be goodlooking

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    If being bald makes you ugly, shouldn't you just have kids with an ugly female with whatever characteristic you define as ugly?
    Why would you do that? The whole point is not to create ugly people

Plenty of guys have attractive women in their lives and are bald - because they have decided that their hair doesn't define them as ugly.

Plenty of guys have ugly women in their lives and are bald - because they have decided that their hair defines them as ugly.

Obviously there are other cosmetic factors here, but try to think about that for a second. If you think you're less attractive, why the do you deserve an attractive female?
    I do not see "plenty" of bald guys with hot women. Yes it does happen, for the same reason any unattractive guy can date out of his league....by being a good/stable provider to one woman who will constantly be looking at other (better looking) guys and possibly sleeping with them at some point.
    Anyway appearances are about more than getting an attractive partner. I have already posted about how much better they can make your life in multiple ways, I won't repeat it here

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I like ya, bud, but you're starting to sound like Highlander. We all know hair loss sucks. That's why we're here. This talk about not reproducing is absurd though, and I really think you know that and are just a bit shook up about something.
    I am not like Highlander, he was a racist religious zealot.
    But damn right I feel shook up. The dut shed this year is wrecking me. I got very nice results on fin and felt I had a second chance at life....now I feel like I lost it again. The ongoing battle, the endless spending and pill popping, gaining ground and losing it again....very few people deserve this madness
    I am serious about not reproducing. The balding gene ALONE completely changed the course of my young adulthood. When I think about what my 20s would have been like w/o this gene, it makes me sick
    tbh the good run I had on fin almost makes it worse now. LIFE IS SO F*CKING AMAZING when women like how you look. There is nothing else to replace this, absolutely nothing

Guys who bald young (or guys who are aesthetically f*cked for any other reason) will simply never experience the best things in life, and knowingly creating a person like that is selfish. I have seen your stories about women on this forum, you KNOW how it feels to watch a pretty girl falling for you as she looks at you. You know how it feels to be wanted/chased/loved and NOT because of your money or because you happen to be in the right place at the right time (ie she is drunk, just broke up with her boyfriend, is mad at her group of friends, & will never want to see you again once she sobers up)
    Do you think that experience will EVER come to a guy who looks like this? http://www.visualphotos.com/image/2x...bald_young_man

F*ck no, it will not. His life will never hold a candle to what it could have been, just because of his genes. Just because his parents wanted to roll the dice despite knowing they probably would lose.

We have every right to be pissed off at our parents. Mine knew exactly what was up. You know what my father said when I called him on it? "Yeah we were kind of hoping you would avoid that"
    "Kind of hoping" a dominant gene skips your kid's generation is not a legitimate approach to creating another human life, one that will have to suffer for DECADES just because you did not think through the consequences of your actions

But yeah I like you as a poster too. This is not personal to anyone here. I just have nowhere else to vent my bitter rage

Ok. After rereading my posts, I will admit they might be a little too extreme because I am depressed/bitter
    Will have to contemplate it some more I guess

I can see your point, 25 going on 65. I am not sure that I would outright say that people who suffer from hair loss should not have kids, but I will say that before a couple decides to have children, they should put serious thought into what kinds of genetic defects they could be passing on to their children and how these defects will manifest themselves in their children's lives. I doubt that I will ever have children (mainly due to other factors besides hair loss), but if I ever do, I will damn sure put in the aforementioned "serious thought" that I described.

woah thats trippy you quoted somthing i didn't say lol

but ya i wont disagree with you man...maximizing your looks is CRUCIAL...its not just about baldness it is about aesthetics period. But do realize when you get a bit older into your late 30's 40's etc, some of the other things apart from hair give you MORE of an advantage ie being in shape. Getting fit after goign bald when your younger isn;t a huge boost cause theres plenty guys that age who are fit and also have hair...whereas if you ran into some 40yr old bald guy who was maybe average or below average, if he was jacked it would give him a signifigant boost.

also dont forget as men we have a very large window as far as families, marriage etc....

This subject has come up before on BTT. My position at one time was "a kid born today will never have to go bald, so it does not matter if you pass your crap hair genes on"
    In light of the depressingly slow progress of new treatments, & realizing more and more how many sufferers can not actually stop androgenic alopecia w/ current meds....I am going to have to say it is wrong to have children if you have this gene

Things to consider:

-If your son gets on fin or dut at 18, he still could go bald or significantly balding
    -Even in your kid's lifetime the advances in treatment might not be enough to ensure a fully dense NW1-2
    -Your kid may be unlucky & not respond to new treatments just like some do not respond to fin/dut/minox
    -Your kid may not even be a good transplant candidate if he is a diffuser

I am sure I could think of other things if I spent a little time.
    Basically there are many reasons why people should not pass their genes on. Androgenic alopecia is definitely one of them until we have a REAL CURE to this disease

The biggest parenting mistake most people make is reproducing when their genes are not good enough. Do not be selfish
    I thought this was a wind-up, but the poster has > 1,000 posts, so he must be a serious poster, and hence it was a serious comment.

The only thing to conclude from this is that if you sincerely believe a life isn't worth living, if you have hair loss, then you indeed should not have kids. Fortunately, most hair loss sufferers do not condemn themselves in such a way.

I do not see "plenty" of bald guys with hot women. Yes it does happen, for the same reason any unattractive guy can date out of his league....by being a good/stable provider to one woman who will constantly be looking at other (better looking) guys and possibly sleeping with them at some point.
    Anyway appearances are about more than getting an attractive partner. I have already posted about how much better they can make your life in multiple ways, I won't repeat it here
    I mean, not to be a complete dick here - but would you consider yourself unattractive? Like, regardless of hair..?
    Because you sound extremely bitter and jaded, and I'm trying to figure out if you thought with hair you were some sort of demi-god looking dude and now you think you look like a circus freak?
    I mean I think I'm a decent looking guy, and if my hair disappears completely I think I'll still be able to do well for myself, I'll just have to work a lot harder. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I've decided that for myself. I don't mean I'm going to get a 10/10 model chick or something, maybe I will? Who knows, all I know is I'm deciding my own value.

If you feel like a 0/10, who the hell wants to put any value in your stock anyway? How can you expect someone to treat you any better than you see yourself? By what you're saying, it doesn't seem like you give anyone a chance outside their appearance though..

Try to learn to love yourself, man, I'd say I do about 50% of the time, up from 25% when I first noticed my hair going.

If you feel like a 0/10, who the hell wants to put any value in your stock anyway? How can you expect someone to treat you any better than you see yourself? By what you're saying, it doesn't seem like you give anyone a chance outside their appearance though..
    It is weird how our perception of ourselves can becomes reality. I have seen plenty of dudes, over weight with at best an average face, and they think they are the shit. They hit on nothing but the hottest girls and although they do not get them all, they do get some. Self confidence will not win every time, but it can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    It is weird how our perception of ourselves can becomes reality. I have seen plenty of dudes, over weight with at best an average face, and they think they are the shit. They hit on nothing but the hottest girls and although they do not get them all, they do get some. Self confidence will not win every time, but it can go a long way.
    It's even easier to be above average looking and have low confidence and get zero women.