+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

2 new pics from tonight:

Also I found a tiny but colored hair well outside my hairline. Hairline has been going back so slowly for so long that I have no idea when my hairline was at this location. I am going to try to capture a pic and so I can will upload that too.

Ok I got a good shot of the new hair, better than I thought I could. This is right hairline. If you look at the lower right you can see the new hair I was talking about. It was not there when I started on Propecia (I am right at 4 months now). To be fair the photo makes it look bigger than what I see in the mirror But at the same time if you look further back to the right of those outside cluster of hairs, I just noticed there may be a few more trying to pop up. They are very faint and did not notice them till this photo. And that outside cluster of hairs- they were always there but would never grow very long and now they are. Will keep monitoring for hopefully more positive signs.

Whether they will become usable hair is the big if. But I know on Minox alone I was not getting any regrowth there. If you have gradual loss like me, you never realize how much you have lost till you see new hairs outside of your receded hairline.

Default Feb 23-14 update:

I saw several posts this weekend by people who don't think low doses of propecia will work, so I decided it was time for an update and you can judge for yourself.

Some notes first: I am completely off Minox now. I never had a major shedding though I did notice some loss of density, probably around the 3 month mark. It was nothing major. The first results I saw on propecia was some minor regrowth up front. I have not see any more improvement up front. That may be due to going off minox or not. Not sure. But crown/vertex continues to improve and in my case, that is a good thing as my mpb spreads in my crown noticeably faster than loss up front. The hair that has regrown is not as thick as the existing, normal hair, but I have seen posts from others that said this can get better in time.

The results I am getting are using .25 1 to 2 times a week. I say that because sometimes I forget to take it 2x a week but have never missed a week since I began in late July. So at least for me, a low dose of propecia works for me, much better than what I was getting on minox . Anyway, take a look and judge for yourself.

First pic - when I first woke up
    Second pic - I tried to spread hair out to see the size of the bald area.