+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default avodart questions

Is it working for you and when did you see the best results?

Im 9 months in but very disappointed tbh

yeah, i'm about 10 months in and i'm disappointed - if anything, i feel as if my hair got thinner.

sucks to be buzzing your hair for the past 5 years when all your friends are trying new hair styles and living the way a normal 21 year old should

7 months and no change. Was on fin for 5 years prior and continued to thin. What is odd though is I seem to be maintaining on the top of my head yet the hair around my ears and sideburns is taking a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by vcity View Post
    yeah, i'm about 10 months in and i'm disappointed - if anything, i feel as if my hair got thinner.

sucks to be buzzing your hair for the past 5 years when all your friends are trying new hair styles and living the way a normal 21 year old should
    what dose are you on? you sure you have lefit pills? do you have agressive mpb?

you're quite young to be using such a strong drug

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    what dose are you on? you sure you have lefit pills? do you have agressive mpb?

you're quite young to be using such a strong drug
    I've been take 0.5mg. I'm sure I have legit pills - I got it prescribed from my family doctor and picked them up at a major pharmacy in Canada. As for sides in case you were wondering - watery semen, loss of morning erections, and possibly depression (although I am not sure if that's due to
    the drug, or the fact that I'm losing my hair to begin with). Mind you, these are the same sides I had when I was on Proscar.

I guess you can say I have aggressive MPB. My hair is noticably thinning on top, I can see a diffuse NW6 pattern.. although I don't have any slick bald spots. I also recently realized I have triangular alopecia on my left side. I know I'm young, but proscar wasn't working and I don't have many options left...

are you guys using a regrowth topical with dutas as you do need to as only antiandrogens on there own need other help but i also used to buy dutas at overseas pharmacies and found them fake when i got avodart from my own doctor i found it working better.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    are you guys using a regrowth topical with dutas as you do need to as only antiandrogens on there own need other help but i also used to buy dutas at overseas pharmacies and found them fake when i got avodart from my own doctor i found it working better.
    Yup, using Rogaine Foam twice a day. I'm thinking of switching over to the "Kirkland" generic brand for money reasons, and maybe experimenting with using the foam in the morning and liquid minoxidyl at night (I never tried liquid rogaine before).

Are you on an anti dandruff shampoo?

I'm on 2% ket twice a week, plus another anti dandruff shampoo eod.

Ur sebum levels might be high...

Sorry for being late to reply. Just have to say dut has been a disappointment for me as well. I am like 9.5 months in & pretty sure I am below baseline. I use .5mg of Avo from a local pharmacy, + .5mg Dutagen from inhouse
    Technically I guess maximum results would not be until after the 1st year. However when I started fin I was at or above baseline @ 10 months so I am very concerned.

Already ordered oral spiro & we will see if I can wait for the 1 year mark before I start it. I know I will want to start popping it as soon as it comes

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Sorry for being late to reply. Just have to say dut has been a disappointment for me as well. I am like 9.5 months in & pretty sure I am below baseline. I use .5mg of Avo from a local pharmacy, + .5mg Dutagen from inhouse
    Technically I guess maximum results would not be until after the 1st year. However when I started fin I was at or above baseline @ 10 months so I am very concerned.

Already ordered oral spiro & we will see if I can wait for the 1 year mark before I start it. I know I will want to start popping it as soon as it comes
    how much does the avo cost and how much does the dutagen cost?