+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    The good news is Jahoda's recent partial success at restoring inductive capabilities through 3D cultures. If his team can get that working properly, then Replicel have already done the ground work, designed the protocols and the injector etc. They just need to modify their replication procedure to use Jahoda's method, and they should see much improved success at a minimum, if not a full cure.
    I read this while listening to the ending credits in the new Superman - Man of Steel movie... it sounded pretty damn epic reading that... a glimmer of 'hope'

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I read this while listening to the ending credits in the new Superman - Man of Steel movie... it sounded pretty damn epic reading that... a glimmer of 'hope'
    "Ideal of Hope", I listen to that a lot. Awesome music .

@PAte
    Yup just as you said, their new trial won't rise in effectiveness. I am still kind of perplexed as to why did Shiseido invest it them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Replicel's problem IMO is the same Aderans, Intercytex and all the others - that when hair stem cells are multiplied in vitro, they lose their inductive capabilities.

Jahoda knew this before Replicel even started, but I guess they had to find it out themselves! Replicel have mentioned before that they have been working with the Paul Ehrlich Institute to try and refine their replication procedure, but I don't think that'll do much good because they're still not addressing the root cause. So I don't foresee this new trial really cracking it, either. Maybe a small improvement on the last one.

The good news is Jahoda's recent partial success at restoring inductive capabilities through 3D cultures. If his team can get that working properly, then Replicel have already done the ground work, designed the protocols and the injector etc. They just need to modify their replication procedure to use Jahoda's method, and they should see much improved success at a minimum, if not a full cure.

I think that is actually going to be the solution we have all been waiting for so long, eventually. Fulfilling the promise of the early 2000s when they thought this stuff would work with simple 2D replication - which it should have, in theory. Unfortunately the hair cells had other ideas...

Maybe 10 years away? Haha.
    Any more info on this? Has Replicel switched from 2D to 3D culturing?

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    how can it possibly be out in 2015 if they are start "3 year trials" starting next year?

http://www.replicel.com/hair-regener...osed-phase-ii/
    Japan has been in a process of deregulation regarding regenerative medicine. They may be anticipating a legalisation path other than the ones currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    From what I understand, Replicel's formula is fairly standard hair cloning/multiplication. Take cells from the back of the head, culture, inject into bald and thinning scalp with growth factors. But it only yields something like 6% regrowth. Even Dr. Nigam could probably do as well as that..

So basically what I'm saying is don't worry too much about whether this gets released soon. If it got released right now it would be pretty useless - they need to improve it significantly. If I was them, I'd go back to working on the science, and come up with a replicel 2.0 (assuming they can't change things up half way through trials) aimed at being a full hair multiplication solution; designer hair, just like Aderans originally planned. Then they can focus on competing with the other potential full cures that won't be available until 2020ish. Because right now, they'll be competing with HSC which performs much better, and they'll be on the level of Nigams in terms of efficacy I'd bet (maybe even worse by release, if he improves it).
    Screw it, I'll take 6% for a £1000.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysmorgan View Post
    Screw it, I'll take 6% for a £1000.
    It may have been a dosing issue. The number of cells that formed into follicles may have low percentages, hence repeat treatments being necessary. Let's not forget that the results aren't as fast as we'd like;

- cells need to be injected
    - cells need to form follicles
    - follicles need to grow hair
    - hair grows very slow
    - follicles also have cycles of growth/resting stages

It's not far fetched that it would be several months before you saw results. I remember mentioning a while back that newborn babies don't have all the hairs a teenage youth would have, and the hair forms over the course of several months. I imagine the results from Replicel wouldn't be far off *if* their method really does induce formation of new follicles.

i would love to see those treatment with multiple injections. if we would have 6% every half year or so, while maintaining existing hair, then the treatment is going to be huge. the problem is, investors and others don't see the potential of these low percentages at all. they want to sell a treatment for 20.000 bucks and achieve very good efficacy immediately. otherwise they think the product will fail on the market. but if they still would bring it out, offer it for let's say 1000 bucks per session, and force the customer to come on a regular basis until he is satisfied with the results, it would still be better than everything on the market and probably a kind of cure for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i would love to see those treatment with multiple injections. if we would have 6% every half year or so, while maintaining existing hair, then the treatment is going to be huge. the problem is, investors and others don't see the potential of these low percentages at all. they want to sell a treatment for 20.000 bucks and achieve very good efficacy immediately. otherwise they think the product will fail on the market. but if they still would bring it out, offer it for let's say 1000 bucks per session, and force the customer to come on a regular basis until he is satisfied with the results, it would still be better than everything on the market and probably a kind of cure for many people.
    Actually, having customers be forced to go for repeat sessions will put the investors at ease as well. Think of it this way;

1 customer will HAVE to go keep paying for treatment. Just like pharmaceuticals... they dont care to cure anything, they just want your money for as long as possible, which basically means they want to get you hooked on their pills for LIFE which in turn means; your giving them money FOREVER.

A 1-shot treatment would be kind of a downer for investors... but they'd have to make sure the prices would be VERY high for a single treatment that cured the whole problem.

In fact, I don't see Replicel injecting so many cells into their patients ANYWAY. Why? Because they will WANT to have you hooked on their treatment to continue their revenue stream. If the treatment is dose dependant, I'd bet on it that they will purposely give you smaller doses to squeeze out as much cash out of you as possible for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Actually, having customers be forced to go for repeat sessions will put the investors at ease as well. Think of it this way;

1 customer will HAVE to go keep paying for treatment. Just like pharmaceuticals... they dont care to cure anything, they just want your money for as long as possible, which basically means they want to get you hooked on their pills for LIFE which in turn means; your giving them money FOREVER.

A 1-shot treatment would be kind of a downer for investors... but they'd have to make sure the prices would be VERY high for a single treatment that cured the whole problem.

In fact, I don't see Replicel injecting so many cells into their patients ANYWAY. Why? Because they will WANT to have you hooked on their treatment to continue their revenue stream. If the treatment is dose dependant, I'd bet on it that they will purposely give you smaller doses to squeeze out as much cash out of you as possible for as long as possible.
    You seem to forget that supply will always be high, there will always be balding people

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    You seem to forget that supply will always be high, there will always be balding people
    Sure but that won't change their tactics. They're a business, there's not much sympathy from the CEOs for balding men... they really only care about turning a profit.