Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Prestige
    • Sep 2012

What is going on with my scalp?

Since the summer I've been having some issues with my scalp and I think its causing more thinning.

My scalp itches and on top of that if I scratch I get this hard yellow/white gunk balls under my nails. Its not like dry skin dandruff flakes (appears I have that too), but like a fatty substance. I'm also getting scalp pimples on the back of my head, which pop if I scratch and scab over.

Any treatment for this? Even if its not contributing to my hair loss (though I think it is since some of this gunk has multiple hairs attached to them), it can't be helping.

One derm said its fungal infection, but I'm not sure since I've been using nizoral 2 times a week for like 3 years, so that doesn't seem to treat it.
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

Have you tried T-Gel shampoo?

Comment

• The Prestige
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
      Have you tried T-Gel shampoo?
      Just bought some 2 weeks ago. Itch seems better but still getting the gunk.

Comment

• crafter
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by The Prestige
        Since the summer I've been having some issues with my scalp and I think its causing more thinning.

My scalp itches and on top of that if I scratch I get this hard yellow/white gunk balls under my nails. Its not like dry skin dandruff flakes (appears I have that too), but like a fatty substance. I'm also getting scalp pimples on the back of my head, which pop if I scratch and scab over.

Any treatment for this? Even if its not contributing to my hair loss (though I think it is since some of this gunk has multiple hairs attached to them), it can't be helping.

One derm said its fungal infection, but I'm not sure since I've been using nizoral 2 times a week for like 3 years, so that doesn't seem to treat it.

you need antifungal tablets - also try Dermax, it's shampoo. My derm just prescribed it to me.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

When I was in my early teens I had thick crust scales growing on my scalp. I went to the doctor and they prescribed some shampoo that cleared it right up. I don't remember the name of the shampoo since it was so long ago, and I was in Germany so most likely it was a European brand. Your Derm should have prescribed something to go along with his diagnosis. There has to be something stronger than OTC nizoral(assuming that is what you are using).

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The Prestige
            Just bought some 2 weeks ago. Itch seems better but still getting the gunk.
            T-Sal maybe?

Comment

Working...