+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The new patient of Dr (?) Nigam.

From HS:

------------------------
    ------------------------

Hey all,

Bear with me, this is quite a long post...

I'm a brand new member on this forum and will disclose that I'm a final year caucasian medical student from Africa.

I have read so many posts that were written in terms of the credibility of Dr. Nigam, some very pessimistic and some very encouraging. Despite some of the critique on the forums I convinced myself to make the plunge to go to Mumbai to meet Dr. Nigam in person... and that is exactly what I did. (I will describe what going to Mumbai is like... if you are interested?)

I have been a hair loss sufferer myself for the past 6 years and fully understand the emotional implications thereof; being affected by the androgenic alopecia is nothing short of torturous. I have tried most products out there and have done endless research on ways to tackle the problem and yes, obtained some results, but unfortunately, nothing worth boasting about. That's exactly why I started planning a journey to India, not only for meeting Dr. Nigam but also for receiving treatment myself. Accordingly, I am currently in Mumbai and busy with treatment procedures provided at Dr. Nigams' clinic!

I'll be honest in admitting that I came to India with a lot of doubts, but I'm on a quest for the truth and will hopefully be able to establish the legitimacy of Dr. Nigam over the course of a couple of months by virtue of my treatment results.

I fortunately can tell you that quite a few before pictures were taken that I hopefully will be able to upload soon. After some time, we can compare the before and after pictures and see if the treatment was any good. They are taking pics everyday so you one can monitor the immediate progress and healing.

I arrived in Mumbai on the 3rd of November and had gone to Dr. Nigams' clinic for the first time on the 4th of November. Dr. Nigam politely received me on the first day and established that I'm a candidate for "De Novo Hair Doubling". Without much delay my treatment was initiated the next day. I received 700 follicles on day one, 750 on day two and received roughly 600 odd today as well.

Let me elaborate about my experience at the clinic... Dr. Nigam himself is really compassionate, friendly, caring and open person. I was able to ask him any question I felt was applicable and he responded as well as he could without ridiculous claims. He allowed me to have a look at his wall of certificates/ qualifications and said I'm more than welcome to enquire about anything if I feel the need to do as such.

In terms of the whole picture issue, I had the awesome luck of meeting one of the patients for which the before and after pictures were not clear and will confirm it is the same patient. I also ran my fingers across the the tattoo markings of one patients' head with newly grown hair - quite impressive. (This is the patient that is seen on the website). But, let me not only focus on the positive, I also met another patient whom I approached about results form his treatment. He immediately told me that the hair transplantation is good but stem cell therapy is unsatisfactory, which of course, was quite discouraging to hear. I thought it well to address Dr. Nigam about it. He explained that stem cell therapy alone is not a definite cure for everybody, some respond to it while others don't, without being defensive about it.

On the same day, I was presented with yet another patient who's head was covered by relatively thin hair, but regardless, had coverage. I took the opportunity to ask him about his results. He surprising told me he went to countless clinics before, never receiving any results, even had an unsatisfactory FUT, but after coming to this clinic and receiving treatment, things improved dramatically and he has regrown most of his mane, even though the added hair is still quite thin. I'll have to admit, I was quite amped to hear about this, but I will still enquire about more "before photos" in order for me to surely say that the results were gained from Dr. Nigams clinic.

What I can say that dr. Nigam is absolutely meticulous about quality of care, so by that I'm very impressed. During the procedure he'll check that everything is done well and that you are comfortable. He convincingly told me that at least 3500 graft hair follicles of my donor area will regrow after the extraction of about 5000 grafts. He is using PRP therapy (platelet rich plasma), Dermal papilla cells, growth factors (i.e wnt3a?), and ECM - pretty cool, that much I can tell you. I will still look at the lab and everything later.

Even though I'm immensely impressed by what I have seen thus far, let's not get carried away, results will speak for themselves and embrace the truth, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed in the hope for good regrowth. I'm looking forward on sharing my experience with you, if you are interested?

I'm going to be in Mumbai up until the 22nd of Nov, so please ask questions if you want to and I'll try and find some answers. I hope I respond well, I'm usually not so good at following through with these kind of things, but I'll try and give it a go.

Let the journey begin!!

Wow! It sounds like there could be credability behind all this afterall!
    Wish your healing goes well man, keep us updated with the results.

Default ok

sounds good, if you really are who you say you are. The problem is that anyone can post anything on here without verification. you're going to have a hard time convincing the more skeptical people on here no matter what results you claim to get. Without extremely meticulous photo documentation and also overwhelming proof of your identity, most likely people will have no idea whether this is legit or just another post by a dr. who has limited credibility at the moment. also, I'm sure if you are real and speak the truth, probably no one doubts that Nigam is friendly and charming and busy as a transplant doctor. that seems to go without saying. the only thing that's really of interest is whether his techniques can be legitimately proven to work, preferably with video/photo/and third person verification.

I'm curious, how did you get in touch with Nigam? I have tried for a while without success.

I don't know if I'd fly out to India to get treated with Dr. Nigam... the theory sounds promising but everything else, especially the clinic looks REALLY sketchy:

Oh dear god! Is that image for real???

Bhahahaha!

The Nigam logo always reminds me of a uterus!

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    From HS:
    He allowed me to have a look at his wall of certificates/ qualifications and said I'm more than welcome to enquire about anything if I feel the need to do as such.
    Maybe enquire about this then:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...36&postcount=5

ohhh the messiah arrived!! in all that war about forum members and dr nigams just now appears a guy that is a student of medicine to send us the truth!!!
    Sorry but i dont believe that post!! nigams soap strikes again...............

I can spot a clinic shill when I see one. I was actually wondering when this was going to happen. The only reason he did it on that site is because he is a sponsor. If he did it here or anywhere else the moderators would be able to see the ip address was the same as Nigam or his clinic and he would further be exposed as a fraud. He must really think people are stupid, although I can't blame him since he created a cult following on the forums while providing zero credible evidence that his procedure actually works.

I mean come on Nigam no genuine poster comes on to a site and gargles a doctors balls like that, you can't make your fake patient sound like he is on a crusade for you or else we can spot you as a shill from a mile away.

I'm sure he will always provide picture updates "tomorrow"....LOL!!!

Hey arashi great job with your topic you definitely uncovered this scam artist called nigam. The guy is a joke lol. And this is just a shill anyway .