+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Quitting fin after 10 months?

Due to my new line of work I won't be able to take finasteride anymore (it is banned as apparently it's used to mask steroid use), there's no getting around it, I have to stop. Don't really want to go into detail about my job but there are regular tests.

For me fin has maintained my hair well, my hairloss was caused by steroids in the first place, with my normal hormone levels I was fine. I'm hoping that seeing as my hair can cope with my normal hormone levels (or at least it could before) I should be fine coming off? The only thing I'm worried about is up regulation of androgen receptors, is this permanent and also would 10 months of use be enough to do it?

Thanks.

You will probably bald, not going to lie

I would quit your job and stay on fin. Irrecoverably screwing your appearance is not worth the money

Assuming your an athlete, I could have sworn I heard that fin was an approved drug. Maybe not. If you make a good living I would say screw it and get off of fin. Again assuming you are an athlete maybe after you retire you can get back on fin and grow some back or at the very least stabilize for a transplant.

Thing is I never lost hair in the first place with my natural hormone levels, it was only a steroid cycle that made me lose hair and so made me go on propecia. I should have stopped taking it after my steroid cycle really.. But unless my androgen receptors have been up regulated a lot during those 10 months I don't see why I should start losing hair with my natural hormone levels this time around? I mean my androgen receptors should theoretically go back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    Thing is I never lost hair in the first place with my natural hormone levels, it was only a steroid cycle that made me lose hair and so made me go on propecia. I should have stopped taking it after my steroid cycle really.. But unless my androgen receptors have been up regulated a lot during those 10 months I don't see why I should start losing hair with my natural hormone levels this time around? I mean my androgen receptors should theoretically go back to normal?
    Almost 2 years ago I was diagnosed with low T and a host of other heath issues. I already had mpb but it was very mild. Within a few months of going on T it accelerated for a few months then settled down but it still continued to progress slowly.

I read up on this as much as could (even on the steroid boards). Everyone and I mean everyone said the same thing: T and steroids cannot cause mpb. It can only speed it up and make it happen sooner than it would have normally. If you do not have the mpb genes T and steroids will not make you bald.

In other words, sooner or later you would have started going bald. A year , 20 years who knows but what you did was speed up the process.

If you must get off propecia I would do it gradually. If you do start balding you can use minox - it won't stop it but can slow it down quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    I would absolutely not take this risk. You can always make more money, not so w/ hair.

Like mpb said, steroids cant give you hair loss if you were not prone to it already.

So if you get off Finasteride, you will definitely lose more hair, and maybe even go bald.

Unless you're a professional athlete, you really shouldn't give up your hair for a job.

Just my opinion.

A professional athlete can still land a hottie with no problem. Not sure how easy it is for a non pro to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I would absolutely not take this risk. You can always make more money, not so w/ hair.
    man so negative, more to life then hair bro, money can equal hair also, i believe that some people when they start loosing, they also stop living, this guy might have something good going on, 10 months hey that wont hurt much, maybe a little but not much. positive thinking is the only means for any progression, plus people hate negative attitudes. good luck.

Why does every discussion about mpb or hair always go to some kind of getting girls comments? Are you here to get hair or for girls they really are two separate things. Anyone bald or not can get hot girls or anything between because its way way more who you are then if you have hair. Look around tons of guys have hair its not some magic link to every hot girl and honestly who cares even if it did?
    Back to topic you dont want to stop propecia unless you absolutely need to. That being said I do think hair sensitivity to androgens changes over time and changing androgen levels can alter that, but its pretty clear we have little idea how any of it works. Can hair be more sensitive after years of propecia? Possible but no evidence to say yes for sure.