+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Why does every discussion about mpb or hair always go to some kind of getting girls comments? Are you here to get hair or for girls they really are two separate things.
    Less hair = fewer girls. If it was not for women we would not care about hair loss

Anyone bald or not can get hot girls or anything between because its way way more who you are then if you have hair.
    Your appearance is the single most important factor for how well you do w/ women, and hair loss is a deathblow to appearance in most cases

Look around tons of guys have hair its not some magic link to every hot girl and honestly who cares even if it did?
    Everyone would care because women are what make us tick as men
    Nothing else is more important as a male

I think people are misunderstanding me. I'm not saying I would never have lost hair if not for steroids, I know I would, I know I'm prone to MPB to a certain degree.

What I'm saying is, going by my genetics, I shouldn't lose any substantial amount of hair for 2 or 3 decades. I can almost guarantee for a fact that if I had not gone on steroids I would still have perfect hair (I only lost a little but still.) At the time I had levels of testosterone (and so DHT as well) over tenfold what the normal person's hair would have to deal with for a period of months.

I know plenty of steroid users who lose hair on cycle, come off (without using finasteride) and then maintain that amount of hair without losing more once the steroids have cleared their system. I just hope that going on finasteride, which admittedly was probably a mistake anyway, has made my androgen receptors used to a lower amount of DHT.

ok so get off fin and lets see what happens

do u plan to go on steroids again?

how bout a SARM instead?

can u go into more detail about ur job and why u cant use fin? ie masking agent for roids? it is not banned by WADA

but if u know for a fact u have to get off it, get off it

if hairloss resumes, try a topical AA like RU58841 and possibly minox

ok i re read ur initial post lol so u cant go

ur 100% sure u cant be on it so get off and see what happens....there is no concrete eveidence against AR upregulation in the hairfollicles only in the prostate but based on anecdotes some beleive the same holds true for scalp AR's

I guess it's just a case of seeing what happens, providing the new career path goes well there's no choice in it for me.

Still gonna use spiro 2x a week which should help, it's gonna be hard to tell whether or not my hair is getting worse or not seeing as I already shed quite a lot but it never makes a difference to my hair as I guess it all grows back fine. I'm just going to go by how my hair looks which is quite misleading when you're paranoid lol.. I know for a fact my hairline has been at a frackle mark ever since I started fin, I'll use that as a marker.

Why does every discussion about mpb or hair always go to some kind of getting girls comments? Are you here to get hair or for girls they really are two separate things. Anyone bald or not can get hot girls or anything between because its way way more who you are then if you have hair. Look around tons of guys have hair its not some magic link to every hot girl and honestly who cares even if it did?
    Back to topic you dont want to stop propecia unless you absolutely need to. That being said I do think hair sensitivity to androgens changes over time and changing androgen levels can alter that, but its pretty clear we have little idea how any of it works. Can hair be more sensitive after years of propecia? Possible but no evidence to say yes for sure.
    Women are the only reason why men are obsessed by their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Less hair = fewer girls. If it was not for women we would not care about hair loss

Your appearance is the single most important factor for how well you do w/ women, and hair loss is a deathblow to appearance in most cases

Everyone would care because women are what make us tick as men
    Nothing else is more important as a male
    People also treat more attractive people better.

If you look like a dweeb, nerdy. They think they can push you around.

I have seen this.

Default Update

Been well over a month off fin now, cosmetically I've not lost any hair and shedding is still at a normal rate.

Placebo or not mentally I feel great, best I've felt since I before I took it, confidence is way up to where it used to be. The most dramatic change though is in libido, it's honestly been so high the last few weeks to the point where it's genuinely annoying.

I don't like attributing all this to finasteride, I was and still am one of those people that think side-effects are well overstated and you should just take the pill and get on with it, unfortunately I had to stop but I definitely would never have stopped if it were not for my new job.

I know if I am going to lose hair it's not likely to have started yet anyway, I'm more worried about 2 or 3 months down the line but I'll have to just wait and see, I'm quietly confident I might get away with it though. Still applying topical spiro 2x a day to the temples so hopefully that will help.

I'll update in a month or 2, loads of people start threads about quitting fin and then never update it which is annoying so I'll make sure to try and remember to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Unless you're a professional athlete, you really shouldn't give up your hair for a job.

Just my opinion.
    OMG. Such a ridiculous statement. You don't know what this guy's job is, the economy isn't in a great place, and you're encouraging people to give up their job to stay on fin. Everything that is wrong with a hair loss forum summed up nicely here.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    Been well over a month off fin now, cosmetically I've not lost any hair and shedding is still at a normal rate.

Placebo or not mentally I feel great, best I've felt since I before I took it, confidence is way up to where it used to be. The most dramatic change though is in libido, it's honestly been so high the last few weeks to the point where it's genuinely annoying.

I don't like attributing all this to finasteride, I was and still am one of those people that think side-effects are well overstated and you should just take the pill and get on with it, unfortunately I had to stop but I definitely would never have stopped if it were not for my new job.

I know if I am going to lose hair it's not likely to have started yet anyway, I'm more worried about 2 or 3 months down the line but I'll have to just wait and see, I'm quietly confident I might get away with it though. Still applying topical spiro 2x a day to the temples so hopefully that will help.

I'll update in a month or 2, loads of people start threads about quitting fin and then never update it which is annoying so I'll make sure to try and remember to do that.
    FWIW you may get lucky and notice nothing or just very gradual loss.
    I have read various reports from guys who have stopped and some notice nothing others notice rapid loss. I was on it years ago, had great results but stopped after about 5 years. Seems around the 3 month mark or so is when I started losing hair very quickly. But I stayed on Minox and got back about half of what I had on propecia. Over time I gradually lost more hair and basically got to the point where I had a bald spot so I started back on it back in July but on a low dose.

Wait and see what happens you may be ok, but if not use minox as it should help slow it down.