+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: the future

Default but

actually there are ways of manipulating only some cells and not others. this technology will be used in the very near future on embryos for things like downs syndrome, because we know the genetic mutations that cause it. With a bit of tweaking they could probably safely do the same thing with baldness through the genes that they know are responsible. It will definitely happen, just probably not while we are alive. It's not a matter of being depressing, just realistic. Any serious breakthrough like jahoda's is still at least 5 years away from even being in any kind of trials, and then add another ten. for anyone over 30 we might as well throw in the towel. I have not seen anything about histogen that makes it seem too interesting. they are lagging on even going to trials, so even if it does ever come out (which is a big if), at best it will probably maintain some hair for a little while. DHT will still get at you. For people able to take finasteride, this whole issue is pretty moot anyway, i know people that have held onto their hair on propecia until they were old enough not to care at all, but honestly for most of us that stuff is poison. CB might be a better alternative to maintenance if we're lucky, but as it's a drug im sure it will have side effects, and it hasnt even started trials (and no you cant put the acne formula on your head), so that means another 8 years at the least. plus going by this forum it doesnt exactly work magic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Gene therapy is definitely VERY exciting...but a bit scary at the same time. Things can go seriously wrong if we don't know 100% what we are doing and what specific roles each gene plays.

I think we might find the key to multiplying DP cells in culture by comparing genome of Mouse and Human DP cells...I think the answer lies somewhere in the genes! Ppl are always taken back when they see how easy it is to grow hair on mice and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with their highly inductive DP cells.

This new technology can definitely let us modify our DP cells if only we knew which genes to swap

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Very likely. And that's why new IT systems and programs will be invented to keep such complexities on check.
    Machines will cure us one day..let's hope we don't end up like in the matrix or terminator.
    Exactly. Moore's law

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    actually there are ways of manipulating only some cells and not others. this technology will be used in the very near future on embryos for things like downs syndrome, because we know the genetic mutations that cause it. With a bit of tweaking they could probably safely do the same thing with baldness through the genes that they know are responsible. It will definitely happen, just probably not while we are alive. It's not a matter of being depressing, just realistic. Any serious breakthrough like jahoda's is still at least 5 years away from even being in any kind of trials, and then add another ten. for anyone over 30 we might as well throw in the towel. I have not seen anything about histogen that makes it seem too interesting. they are lagging on even going to trials, so even if it does ever come out (which is a big if), at best it will probably maintain some hair for a little while. DHT will still get at you. For people able to take finasteride, this whole issue is pretty moot anyway, i know people that have held onto their hair on propecia until they were old enough not to care at all, but honestly for most of us that stuff is poison. CB might be a better alternative to maintenance if we're lucky, but as it's a drug im sure it will have side effects, and it hasnt even started trials (and no you cant put the acne formula on your head), so that means another 8 years at the least. plus going by this forum it doesnt exactly work magic anyway.
    Wouldn't it be nice to log into BTT for a change and read about the cure being found! Now that would be something. Until then we just have to make do with what we have I suppose and support hair loss research by any means possible...

Discussing timelines is so depressing that I took Thinnings advice and decided not to talk about it too much! We can only hope that we'll have something better in the future...and that's the winning ticket to a happy life

Maybe with gene therapy we can get our genes sequenced and see why we cant tolerate fin and get that fixed, then just stay on a drug thats proven to work.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/fountain...p-us-turn-back

a similar article thats more positive.

sdsurfin said nothing will be available "in our lifetimes" but i think hes being too pessimistic, any predictions past 10 years are practically useless.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    CB might be a better alternative to maintenance if we're lucky, but as it's a drug im sure it will have side effects, and it hasnt even started trials (and no you cant put the acne formula on your head), so that means another 8 years at the least. plus going by this forum it doesnt exactly work magic anyway.
    CB is pretty much at the end of phase 1 now, I think on their most recent timeline it showed 2016? as the release date

Hi AlL. I was thinking like everyone why Cosmo would go forth with trials on cb for acne and not hair loss first? Do you think it is because they could not find a proper vehicle to make money with for CB? Does every drug need to go through phase 3? I wish someone could explain to me how fda approval works. I think I am going to try nature made s-equol until CB or Histogen get here.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Hi AlL. I was thinking like everyone why Cosmo would go forth with trials on cb for acne and not hair loss first? Do you think it is because they could not find a proper vehicle to make money with for CB? Does every drug need to go through phase 3? I wish someone could explain to me how fda approval works. I think I am going to try nature made s-equol until CB or Histogen get here.
    deuce im trying custom cb vehicle ill report back if it works

a couple are seeing results but not enough to get excited yet

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Yes exactly

These things actually exist, Histogen & Replicel have clinical data showing hair growth.

They could bridge the gap between now and a cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    deuce im trying custom cb vehicle ill report back if it works

a couple are seeing results but not enough to get excited yet
    No comnent

^^^

ahahaha, plz note