+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Tinnitus on Minoxidil? Help!

I've been on minoxidil for 7 weeks now, approaching the 2month mark.

Last week or so I've noticed tinnitus; ringing in my ears. After some research, I've found that it's an unlikely but could-happen-sort of thing when taking minox.

Could minoxidil be causing tinnitus (ringing in my ears)?

Any insights appreciated.

Tell us, what do you gain posting those topics?

Perhaps it will drive even more people into misery than the "minoxidil gives wrinkles" threads. Good job.

Another thread about sides brought on from one of the very few treatments that we have. More guys will be discouraged/frightened to try any of the proven/effective treatments. More hair will be lost. Just another day at BTT unfortunately.

I'm disappointed in the two smug responses to this thread...

A man can't state his experience, vent his concerns, seek insights...? sad

---

Cland, try asking the impaler (you know who I'm talking about lol)...I bother him with all my medical questions before I go see a doctor and he always comes through.

A man or woman can come on here and give their experiences. No problem with that at all. Maybe I was out of line....Maybe. It is just frustrating that this place is becoming more and more like that garbage propecia site(don't even want to mention the name). I could be wrong, but I would like to think that this site was created to help guys cure or slow down their hair loss. It has turned in to a site full of topics scaring guys away from treatment. I can only imagine how many guys come hear trying to stop their hair loss only to be discouraged or frightened away from trying anything. I think I have heard it all from a guy claiming to go impotent because of minoxidil to a guy who claims he has gotten every possible side on fin.

I can only imagine how many guys that would have been good/great responders to the current treatments, that decided not to treat their hair loss because of fear. There are so many guys needlessly suffering because of "information" they obtained from this site...that is sad.

I do agree that people should be able to discuss their experiences. Maybe a separate section to discuss sides? Sides talk seem to infect many threads discussing treatments.

Thanks, dan. I've not even bothered to read through the other poster's replies. I'll ask him and see what he says.

Notcoolanymore; Useless. fred970; Beyond useless.

The only recent change in my life and medication; getting on minox. I'm hearing ringing. In my ears. All day. Sorry for posting my experience here.

No wait, I'm not.

You want the truth? Tinnitus never goes away, you'll have it for the rest of your life. Maybe you shouldn't have gone to clubs so often. Oh wait it's because of minoxidil of course.

You'll find all the support you need here to learn to live with it: http://tinnitussupport92262.yuku.com

what the **** is wrong with you guys? the man says he has a serious medical condition and you ****ing attack him? **** you.

clan, drop the minox slowly over a month. see what happens. good luck buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Another thread about sides brought on from one of the very few treatments that we have. More guys will be discouraged/frightened to try any of the proven/effective treatments. More hair will be lost. Just another day at BTT unfortunately.
    look at his join date and post count. look at yours. he's tried a bunch more experimental shit than 99% of the people here and he's given us a lot of valuable info so don't give him shit like he's some weirdo noob wandering in from the cold. if he says minox is the only difference it's his ****ing right to make this post.