+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    Where are you going for your trasnplant Fred?
    Dr. De Reys in Belgium.

How did your HTs go? I wanna hear about it because I'm 17 and on Finasteride, so an HT is definitely in my future if I don't want to be a young skin head.

And props on telling your friends, I don't even mention the word "bald" around anyone except my mom who scheduled my dermatologist appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by mkamph View Post
    I envy your courage......and your friends.
    Yeah they are pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Congrats arc31,

I can relate to all of this. I 'came out' too after 10 years of keeping all my HT's and involvement in the hair loss industry a dark secret. BEST thing i ever did. Friends embraced it and were incredibly supportive - i am now 10 ton on bricks lighter

Well done !
    S
    Spex- I must say you have done us all a great service with all your posts and time given to these hairloss forums. I have been on these for years and always enjoy reading your advice and take on topics. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    How did your HTs go? I wanna hear about it because I'm 17 and on Finasteride, so an HT is definitely in my future if I don't want to be a young skin head.

And props on telling your friends, I don't even mention the word "bald" around anyone except my mom who scheduled my dermatologist appointment.
    Well I made a mistake during my first HT by rushing into things and not doing enough research. You are on the right track by already visiting these boards. I had my first HT as Bosley and was not pleased at all with my results. Which is probably a big reason why I kept it a secret..

At first I had enough native hair to camouflage the work. But after a few years of continued thinning I decided I needed a repair HT before it became completely obvious to everyone. Surprisingly none of my friends knew I had a HT although every once in awhile I would notice random peoples eyes glancing up at my hairline when I would talk to them.

I had my second HT almost 2 months ago with Dr. Hasson and I couldn't be more happy. The whole experience was sooo much better than my first. His staff is awesome and he in my opinion is the best around. He told me I was the worst Bosley work he has seen in years. So I got about 4500 graphs camouflaging the previous HT and I'm positive I will be stoked with the results. No growth yet though I'm still in that waiting stage.

But Captain before jumping into a HT I would recommend you shaving your head first just to get a feel what you would look like. I never did but really wish I would have when I was younger.

Sorry for the long post this could have been another topic.