+ Reply to Thread

Default Just another balding dude

Hi, I'm of 20 years of age and have been taking 1mg tablets of propecia and 5% minoxdil for about a year. Was meant to take the tablet daily and use the minoxdil twice daily.

I know I'm going bald because, well its rather obvious and it runs in the family. I got my medication from the belgravia center however they are too expensive >_> I've found alternative on amazon which seem good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

but only the minoxdil :/ was wondering if you guys could advice me on where I can obtain propcia for cheaper and which is safe. Also any other advice is welcomed.

I've not suffered from any side effects but would like to know if it is bound to happen after a certain point or if just varies. I've read through some threads here and I'm a bit worried about using fin now :| Any other information or personal experience would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Hi, I'm of 20 years of age and have been taking 1mg tablets of propecia and 5% minoxdil for about a year. Was meant to take the tablet daily and use the minoxdil twice daily.

I know I'm going bald because, well its rather obvious and it runs in the family. I got my medication from the belgravia center however they are too expensive >_> I've found alternative on amazon which seem good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

but only the minoxdil :/ was wondering if you guys could advice me on where I can obtain propcia for cheaper and which is safe. Also any other advice is welcomed.

I've not suffered from any side effects but would like to know if it is bound to happen after a certain point or if just varies. I've read through some threads here and I'm a bit worried about using fin now :| Any other information or personal experience would be nice.
    I live in the states, I always thought we had to just go to the pharmacy. Either way FIN is WAY cheaper now then it used to be. Starting young has it's pros and cons. It's a life long medication, forget about the sides you read about, any life long medication needs to be taken pretty seriously. Having said that I know I wouldn't have lost much of any hair on my head if I started at your age. FIN, for most users will completely stop hair loss. Most users notice regrowth. In my opinion you have 3 choices.

-Don't take anything and lose your hair
    -Take something like FIN, keep your hair, which does come with some risk
    -Wait it out, potentially look at it down the road if it's getting more severe

In my opinion option 3 is just plain stupid. If you want to be like me and wait until you have lost a lot of what you have to get on FIN, you will still be rolling the dice on sides, you just won't have as much hair to show for it.

I say give it a try, I bet .50 MG is more then enough to get you regrowth at your age. It's also a lower dose, so lower risk of sides. If it works out fantastic, if not, at least you know you tried. I believe in the fear of sides with a medication like this, but I know what it feels like to lose your hair and if you don't at least try you will never know if you could have saved it. The .50 dose will cut your expenses even further. Also highly suggest doing the big 3 at the same time. Niz, Minox, and Fin. It's sort of like bench pressing. Your chest is the main muscle, but the deltoids and triceps play a big roll. In the world of hair Fin is your chest, but the Niz and Minox can really help along the process.

Many people talk about ordering from inhousepharmacy.

Forget about the side effects. You've been on it this long, are you really going to go off it and go bald because of side effects you didn't even have?

That being said, what results have you seen on Finasteride?

Did you maintain or regrow any hair, or have you kept losing hair?

Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJangles View Post
    I live in the states, I always thought we had to just go to the pharmacy. Either way FIN is WAY cheaper now then it used to be. Starting young has it's pros and cons. It's a life long medication, forget about the sides you read about, any life long medication needs to be taken pretty seriously. Having said that I know I wouldn't have lost much of any hair on my head if I started at your age. FIN, for most users will completely stop hair loss. Most users notice regrowth. In my opinion you have 3 choices.

-Don't take anything and lose your hair
    -Take something like FIN, keep your hair, which does come with some risk
    -Wait it out, potentially look at it down the road if it's getting more severe

In my opinion option 3 is just plain stupid. If you want to be like me and wait until you have lost a lot of what you have to get on FIN, you will still be rolling the dice on sides, you just won't have as much hair to show for it.

I say give it a try, I bet .50 MG is more then enough to get you regrowth at your age. It's also a lower dose, so lower risk of sides. If it works out fantastic, if not, at least you know you tried. I believe in the fear of sides with a medication like this, but I know what it feels like to lose your hair and if you don't at least try you will never know if you could have saved it. The .50 dose will cut your expenses even further. Also highly suggest doing the big 3 at the same time. Niz, Minox, and Fin. It's sort of like bench pressing. Your chest is the main muscle, but the deltoids and triceps play a big roll. In the world of hair Fin is your chest, but the Niz and Minox can really help along the process.
    Thank you for the advice. I've decided to take fin already, done it for a year. Was just more curious about the side effects and experience of others.

I should of stated I like in the UK, London to be more specific.
    I shall try 0.50 mg as you suggested to see if it has the same effect.
    What is Niz? sorry, not sure what that is short for.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Many people talk about ordering from inhousepharmacy.

Forget about the side effects. You've been on it this long, are you really going to go off it and go bald because of side effects you didn't even have?

That being said, what results have you seen on Finasteride?

Did you maintain or regrow any hair, or have you kept losing hair?

Thanks man.
    After using propecia and minoxdil for about a year, I can certainly say it's not only reduced the hairless but also grown hair back, most obvious places would be near the the corners of my forehead. I also notice less hair on my pillow and shower.

The belgravia center consultants told me apply the minoxdil around the whole scalp and maybe little extra in places where I wanted hair growth. It has been working but like I said they are expensive and after looking up minoxdil on UK sites such as amazon, noticed they are much cheaper though unable to locate fin/propcia from a trusted site. I checked 'Boots' but they didn't have it either.

Thanks guys for the fast responses.

Sorry, I noticed after I posted you already have been on it. Good call. No sides after a year? I would say you're pretty safe my friend. Yes, .50 is certainly fine. I have had incredible regrowth in 2 months of .50 fin, it's documented under the thread "This should make for an interesting Study". I was someone who got sides at 1MG, but at .50 (grant it, it's only been 2 months) sides have been pretty much non existent. Niz is short for Nizoral, it's an anti fungal shampoo and one of the few that contain Ketoconazole as the active ingredient. As far as I know, nobody has been able to explain why Niz regrows hair, but it certainly does. My thoughts are it just provides for an extremely healthy scalp. Most studies regarding the efficacy of hair loss products have been conducted with individuals also using Nizoral shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I've decided to take fin already, done it for a year. Was just more curious about the side effects and experience of others.

I should of stated I like in the UK, London to be more specific.
    I shall try 0.50 mg as you suggested to see if it has the same effect.
    What is Niz? sorry, not sure what that is short for.

After using propecia and minoxdil for about a year, I can certainly say it's not only reduced the hairless but also grown hair back, most obvious places would be near the the corners of my forehead. I also notice less hair on my pillow and shower.

The belgravia center consultants told me apply the minoxdil around the whole scalp and maybe little extra in places where I wanted hair growth. It has been working but like I said they are expensive and after looking up minoxdil on UK sites such as amazon, noticed they are much cheaper though unable to locate fin/propcia from a trusted site. I checked 'Boots' but they didn't have it either.

Thanks guys for the fast responses.

Try getting a 5mg pill and cut it to 4ths on prescription? In the US this was an extremely easy process for me, sorry if I didn't see if you've tried this or something.

Niz is keto shampoo.
    Nizoral - the name for either 1% keto or 2% keto shampoo.
    Supposed to clear DHT from the scalp after application - don't use it more than twice a week if it's 2%, or like three times if it's 1%. Their are other shampoos too with other stuff in it that makes it less harsh on the hair (nizoral 2% can really dry your hair I've read) I personally use regenpure DR and it has been working pretty great for me, I think, at twice a week for like 2 months now.