+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zinc

Default Zinc

A lot of information is available online about the benefits of Zinc, the proper levels to take it and how it acts as an essential mineral for the human body.

How EXACTLY it can serve as a benefit for users of Fin is a bit of an unknown. I have been taking Zinc supplements for a long time now and the benefits have been overwhelming. I think the supplement itself is just not getting the attention it warrants for how profound of an effect it can have on users of Fin. It’s my goal to increase awareness of the benefits of Zinc as well as to learn more about it myself.

The following is what I know about Zinc. I’m just sticking to facts and will keep it simple. I will then propose theory on why it’s helpful (just theory). I’m hoping more people can chime in with additional information (facts only) and also potential speculative reasons why Zinc can be such a beneficial tool for Fin users (it would be really cool if somebody could discuss this that had more of a medical background).

4 Zinc Facts
    - Zinc regulates Testosterone levels in men
    - The most abundant storage of zinc in the male body can be found in the prostate
    - Semen has a lot of zinc, just one ejaculation contains 10-20 MG of zinc which is higher then the daily recommended intake
    - Zinc deficiency lowers testosterone levels

Those are really the only 4 things I know for sure about Zinc as it relates to the sexual oriented properties. The element itself is responsible for hundreds of different mechanisms of action, probably another 20+ sexualy oriented mechanisms, but I’m focusing on the obvious sexual benefits from Zinc and why it seems to counteract sides from Fin.

Theory
    A reduction in testosterone levels can certainly impact sexual performance. Most Fin users suffering from chronic issues discuss registering lower T levels. Zinc helps to regulate Testosterone keeping it within healthy ranges.

If you ever hear Prostate as it relates to fin, perk up. The drug was designed for prostate cancer. It certainly is capable of shrinking the prostate. That is what the drug manufacturer markets it as for other people. Remember Zinc is primarily stored in the prostate. Semen is composed of very high levels of Zinc. Is it possible the watery semen is a result of less Zinc, not only in the semen, but the prostate itself? If the prostate did shrink, I would think less Zinc could be stored. A reduction of DHT could be OK so long as the T levels stayed balanced, but I think for many people they become unbalanced with lower T and lower Zinc levels, so the body starts creating higher Estrogen levels....

These are just thought patterns, pure speculation. One thing I do know is when I started taking Zinc, “the sides/positive” felt just as strong as any side I have had from Fin. I think it’s an absolute must for anybody’s regime.

These are just thought patterns, pure speculation. One thing I do know is when I started taking Zinc, “the sides/positive” felt just as strong as any side I have had from Fin. I think it’s an absolute must for anybody’s regime......

Interesting - i'm not on Fin, am always considering it tho - just curious how much Zinc you take, and what benefit's you're reaping?

It took about 6 months post fin to recover fully. It happened within 3 days of taking Zinc, after which, my recovery time and libido felt like it tripled. I'm 31, I felt like I was in my mid 20's. Hadn't had morning wood in years, morning wood returned that week. I now take a lower dose of fin, .50, no sides yet but only 2 months in.

I take 30-60 MG Zinc daily, even if you don't take fin, if you want a boost in bed I would certainly give it a shot. I have never taken any ED meds, but I remember when I first started taking it, it almost felt like I was on a medication it had such a strong effect.

That has been of benefit for you I'd say! I'm going to try some, i'm 44 and my libido isn't what it was in my younger days, with a shot. Interesting post, thanks.

Thanks, I think it could help. I would also do a quick read on copper, as a proper zinc/copper ratio is important. I've read 15/1 ratio? 15 MG zinc per 1 MG copper? Again, not an expert. I have read a lot and have my own experiences.

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/ZINC.htm

Great snap shot about Zinc, also touches on some of the aspects I discussed.

In separate capsules it tabs the minimum amount seems to be 30mg. Isn't that a bit too much , on the other hand zinc in multi vitamins seems to usually hover around the 15mg mark. Perhaps try a multi vit? Or is stand alone better do you think? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    In separate capsules it tabs the minimum amount seems to be 30mg. Isn't that a bit too much , on the other hand zinc in multi vitamins seems to usually hover around the 15mg mark. Perhaps try a multi vit? Or is stand alone better do you think? Thanks.
    If you look at multi vitamins they're generally providing 500-1000% of the daily recommended serving of any particular Vitamin. Zinc can be taken in much high quantities then 15mg per day and still provide no ill effects. With a proper copper balance, 50MG a day is fine. Zinc isn't processed well as a supplement, so a lot of that 50MG is just be excreted thru the urine. The body can only absorb so much. Zinc poisoning generally requires upwards of 100mg a day or a improper copper balance.

I have 30MG Zinc Citrate tablets. Depending on the day, what I have been doing the last few days, and how I feel, I will take 1-2 daily. Every once and awhile I miss a day. It's wise to take it with a meal. It's processed much better after eating. Usually, if I know I'm likely to have sex, I generally try and take a tablet about 30 minutes to 1 hour before hand. Now is that necessary with everything else? Likely not. But with this regime I went from borderline ED issues, to recovering in 5 minutes or less and being able to go round 2 at the same level I went round 1. I can even go round 3 about 15 minutes after round 2. Again, the benefits are incredible, I'm not even sure I recovered that quickly as a teenager.

Interesting, ill buy some myself and see how it goes. Sounds like it's certainly doing you some good and you're on Fin still yes? I've never taken it , just too scared but my hair is taking a beating whilst I sit on the fence. .

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Interesting, ill buy some myself and see how it goes. Sounds like it's certainly doing you some good and you're on Fin still yes? I've never taken it , just too scared but my hair is taking a beating whilst I sit on the fence. .
    Probably easier http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13809