+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by someone uk View Post
    hi, i just want to ask
    firstly does PRP produce new hair follucles or reverse the process of already regressed hair (ie vellus hair and dormant hair become terminal)

and secondly i noticed PRP when dr robert jones did administered it to himself in Canada
    he used dr greco's technique and said only 1 in 36 of his patients responded to the treatment, now i know we can't say we have perfected PRP, we have only just started using it but want to ask if you have had better results?
    Hi someone, PRP GF's will work on the non transplanted. By increasing vascularization to the follicle three different independent studies demonstrate the follicle will get bigger.

That is quite different than our experience the past two years in both hair surgery and in our study and experience. First, how were patients evaluated by Dr Jones because a placebo would produce better than one in thirty six. I do not know what type of patients were treated and what expectations were given to those patients? The best patients are those just beginning to thin, patients who experience excess shedding or patients who have side effects to FDA approved medicines.

Not all PRP is the same in that there are various ways PRP can be processed and different techniques of treatment (for instance stimulation of the scalp varies) injection techniques also vary. As you may or may not know we use a patented formula of PRP plus a highly concentrated protein matrix that Dr Jones does not use.

Does everyone have positive results? No, just as Propecia and Rogaine We have had and continue to have positive results with this experimental, but safe therapy and we are learning more each day. Again this therapy was never intended to replace any FDA therapy, but has evolved as an adjunctive therapy for those individuals who choose it. Infusing autologus GF's and protein into scalp and stimulation is safe and produce positive results in the proper patient population.

Dr. Greco, two questions:

1. Is there any sort of 'local trauma' to existing hair follicles when using the 'brush' device, that may cause fallout of those hairs?

2. Is there any progress with someone on the west coast of the U.S. offering PRP therapy?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningGuy View Post
    Dr. Greco, two questions:

1. Is there any sort of 'local trauma' to existing hair follicles when using the 'brush' device, that may cause fallout of those hairs?

2. Is there any progress with someone on the west coast of the U.S. offering PRP therapy?
    Thanks.
    Thank you ThinningGuy. I like to call it local "stimulation" rather than trauma. We use a micro needling roller 1mm depth for scalp stimulation. There is always a chance that if you stimulate with to aggressively you can cause some temporary hair loss, but in over two years we have not had one patient have fall out from the treatment, in fact, most patients feel that within a few weeks after the stimulation and GF's infusion they have less shedding.

I do not know of anyone on the west coast at this time, but if you are interested you can call my office as we offer a fly-in discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joseph F. Greco View Post
    Thank you ThinningGuy. I like to call it local "stimulation" rather than trauma. We use a micro needling roller 1mm depth for scalp stimulation. There is always a chance that if you stimulate with to aggressively you can cause some temporary hair loss, but in over two years we have not had one patient have fall out from the treatment, in fact, most patients feel that within a few weeks after the stimulation and GF's infusion they have less shedding.

I do not know of anyone on the west coast at this time, but if you are interested you can call my office as we offer a fly-in discount.
    Thank you for the information.

Hi and thanks for all information.

We from Europe also follow this new technique....Stated that it is safe and not so expensive why not try...but do u offer this technique in Europe ?Or have you heard about a Doctor who will offer it ? Apparently only Dc Mwamba if u know begun some trials on specific patients...
    Thanks a lot

I believe Dr. Feller will be offering PRP in England...

Hello Dr Greco,
    I was reading through this thread and watching your videos and find them very interesting as a possible alternative to a more common technique like a hair transplant the whole thought of cutting a chunk of my scalp and dicing up my folicules and relocating them in my head with a fine needle for a couple of hours just leave me very uneasy. However my question to is I am in my late 20's and and starting to thin in the front of my scalp and noticibly starting to crown. Would and could this type of theraply increase the density and help with my thinking process? Is it even possible that something like this could help restore my hairline? I noticed that the cost of treatmeant appeared realitively inexpensive when compared to other more common treatments. Do you know what it would cost for the kind of treatment I am mentioning?

thanks
    -Will

So when would this be ready for the public?

Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    Hello Dr Greco,
    I was reading through this thread and watching your videos and find them very interesting as a possible alternative to a more common technique like a hair transplant the whole thought of cutting a chunk of my scalp and dicing up my folicules and relocating them in my head with a fine needle for a couple of hours just leave me very uneasy. However my question to is I am in my late 20's and and starting to thin in the front of my scalp and noticibly starting to crown. Would and could this type of theraply increase the density and help with my thinking process? Is it even possible that something like this could help restore my hairline? I noticed that the cost of treatmeant appeared realitively inexpensive when compared to other more common treatments. Do you know what it would cost for the kind of treatment I am mentioning?

thanks
    -Will
    Thanks for your question. Infusing GF's with this therapy will not replace the frontal hairline and at this time hair restoration surgery is the gold standard. While we have seen some fine hairs in the frontal hair line darken and thicken, they were existing hairs. At this point, there are no shortcuts restoring the frontal hairline.

Dr Greco,

I see you havent updated your blog at all recently, do u plan to do so soon? Also how did the prp study at the vatican go? thanks!