+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brentipold View Post
    I apologize for the bad wording. I guess what im trying to ask is, What is your theory on why is it not as effect as it is in some people, and very effective on others.?
    Great question I wish I had the answer. Same thing with Rogaine and finasteride...why do some people have great results and others no results? Again, we are just beginning to observe and understand. I have had four patients ( younger in their 20's) tell me me that "they and others" notice that their hair is darker after the treatment. While that is anecdotal it is still four people saying the same thing and others observing that their hair appeared darker. JG

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joseph F. Greco View Post
    Great question I wish I had the answer. Same thing with Rogaine and finasteride...why do some people have great results and others no results? Again, we are just beginning to observe and understand. I have had four patients ( younger in their 20's) tell me me that "they and others" notice that their hair is darker after the treatment. While that is anecdotal it is still four people saying the same thing and others observing that their hair appeared darker. JG
    Thank you for your honesty Dr. Greco. One last question I have is, do you think doing these treatments 2 month apart from one another would be more effective? I guess the first question I should have asked is have you already experimented with this..?

thanks.

Thank you for your honesty Dr. Greco. One last question I have is, do you think doing these treatments 2 month apart from one another would be more effective? I guess the first question I should have asked is have you already experimented with this..?thanks.
    Good question and the answer is, no!….. The reasoning is because there are distinct phases that platelets and GF's go through in this process. First, there is the Inflammatory phase that lasts 24 to 48 hours where you get a heighten immune response because the platelets, when activated with thrombin, begin to extrude the alpha granules from the platelets. Picture a platelet as an envelope filled with growth factors and when exposed to thrombin the envelope opens and the GF’s are released. They begin to send chemical signals like emails and faxes to surrounding GF’s to come back to the treated area to mobilize the army so to speak, hence we have this immune response by the body and a pro inflammatory period of 24 to 48 hours. This is a good healthy response.

Next we have the Proliferation phase. In the next two weeks or so, after the degranulation of the platelets, new fibroblasts come into the treated area and begin to lay down new collagen cells. Angiogenesis ( the formation of new blood vessels ), which is what we want, because three independent studies show VEGF (a pro angiogenic GF), which is prevalent in PRP along with leukocytes ( white blood cells that fight infection that are increased 6 to 8 times in PRP and produce VEGF) increase vascularity to the follicle and when that happens, “ the follicle and follicle unit get bigger”. This continues for the next 4 to 6 weeks after the proliferation phase and this is called the Remolding phase when mitogenesis or the (formation of new cells occurs).

So you see this is a natural process of the body to heal itself and we need to give it time to work. When we do Orthobiologic injections to repair torn tendons, ligaments and muscles this is the same process and how it works. Hope this explains why we don’t like to rush nature. This is truly Regenerative Medicine. JG

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joseph F. Greco View Post
    Good question and the answer is, no!….. The reasoning is because there are distinct phases that platelets and GF's go through in this process. First, there is the Inflammatory phase that lasts 24 to 48 hours where you get a heighten immune response because the platelets, when activated with thrombin, begin to extrude the alpha granules from the platelets. Picture a platelet as an envelope filled with growth factors and when exposed to thrombin the envelope opens and the GF’s are released. They begin to send chemical signals like emails and faxes to surrounding GF’s to come back to the treated area to mobilize the army so to speak, hence we have this immune response by the body and a pro inflammatory period of 24 to 48 hours. This is a good healthy response.

Next we have the Proliferation phase. In the next two weeks or so, after the degranulation of the platelets, new fibroblasts come into the treated area and begin to lay down new collagen cells. Angiogenesis ( the formation of new blood vessels ), which is what we want, because three independent studies show VEGF (a pro angiogenic GF), which is prevalent in PRP along with leukocytes ( white blood cells that fight infection that are increased 6 to 8 times in PRP and produce VEGF) increase vascularity to the follicle and when that happens, “ the follicle and follicle unit get bigger”. This continues for the next 4 to 6 weeks after the proliferation phase and this is called the Remolding phase when mitogenesis or the (formation of new cells occurs).

So you see this is a natural process of the body to heal itself and we need to give it time to work. When we do Orthobiologic injections to repair torn tendons, ligaments and muscles this is the same process and how it works. Hope this explains why we don’t like to rush nature. This is truly Regenerative Medicine. JG

Okay thank you Dr. Greco, that clears things up a bit. Ive already had the treatment with Dr. Feller about 6 weeks ago. I just wanted a better explination as to why It might not works. Thanks again for answering my questions.

Default PRP treatment form women

Where can one go to find a treatment facility in the Pacific Northwest?

Okay thank you Dr. Greco, that clears things up a bit. Ive already had the treatment with Dr. Feller about 6 weeks ago. I just wanted a better explination as to why It might not works. Thanks again for answering my questions.
    Not all PRP is the same in that there are various ways PRP can be processed and different techniques of treatment (for instance stimulation of the scalp varies). I like the roller to stimulate the scalp and have been doing that the past two years. It can both stimulate and be used as a delivery device during the procedure and after ( for application of Rogaine for instance) by the patient.

You can have 1- Platelet Rich Plasma, 2- Concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma, 3-Platelet Rich Plasma with concentrated Protein Enriched Plasma, 4- PRP with filtered RBC's, 5-Leukocyte rich PRP, 6- Leukocyte poor PRP, 6- pure cytokines (GF's) without RBC's, WBC's or platelets ( where the GF's were activated and removed from the platelets). So you see not all PRP is the same, it can be processed in different ways to achieve a desired result and we use it in many different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by glennaz View Post
    Where can one go to find a treatment facility in the Pacific Northwest?
    I'm sorry glennaz I do not know of anyone yet. JG

All this looks very interesting. Now is this process (if it works on you) a permanent regrowth, or is it just a temporary solution to a long term problem?

opps forgot, is this available in Canada anywhere?

hi, i just want to ask
    firstly does PRP produce new hair follucles or reverse the process of already regressed hair (ie vellus hair and dormant hair become terminal)

and secondly i noticed PRP when dr robert jones did administered it to himself in Canada
    he used dr greco's technique and said only 1 in 36 of his patients responded to the treatment, now i know we can't say we have perfected PRP, we have only just started using it but i want to ask if you have had better results?