+ Reply to Thread

Default lipogaine for 2 weeks. change of heart

Hey Guys, Ive been on lipogaine for about 3 weeks and Im having second thoughts. I seem to be thinning a little bit on my crown. I know shedding is part of the process in any hair loss regimen. Here is my question... Is it too late to just stop using Lipogaine?

2. Has my hair already gotten dependent on it. I should mention that I shave my head on a no guard fort the past 2 months, so I cant say that I notice shedding. My crown appears to be thinning though. Im 36 years old and would consider myself a NW2.

If I jump off off now can this harm me or save me from future loss.
    Should I stick it out and give it a 9 month trial run. Im reading countless horror stories, and to be honest Im ultra paranoid at this point. I should also mention that Im currently using fin again .5 eod for the past 2 weeks. I know this question has probably been asked countless times. I would greatly appreciate any advise.
    This is my daily regimen to a key
    1. am shower Lipogaine shampoo 3x per week, regular days I use Tricomin shampoo
    2 Lipogaine 5% min 2 x per day for about 20 days or so??
    3. Biotin ed
    4. multi meg vitamin ed
    5. Regnepure NT on days that I dont use Tricomin, or night time washing.
    Tricomin follicle spray 3x per day.

I understand this is kind of a tricky question. Is Minoxidil worth the risk, especially since I have been using for about 3 weeks? Ive been applying Lipogaine 5% to my hairline as well due to info that I have read stating that it can help restore hairs that are thinning but not completely bald to the skin

I look good with a shaved head, but I dont want to bald quite yet.

BTW, I live a clean lifestyle. I don't drink, smoke, wear hats use any drugs that would cause hair loss.
    Stylus

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    Hey Guys, Ive been on lipogaine for about 3 weeks and Im having second thoughts. I seem to be thinning a little bit on my crown. I know shedding is part of the process in any hair loss regimen. Here is my question... Is it too late to just stop using Lipogaine?

2. Has my hair already gotten dependent on it. I should mention that I shave my head on a no guard fort the past 2 months, so I cant say that I notice shedding. My crown appears to be thinning though. Im 36 years old and would consider myself a NW2.

If I jump off off now can this harm me or save me from future loss.
    Should I stick it out and give it a 9 month trial run. Im reading countless horror stories, and to be honest Im ultra paranoid at this point. I should also mention that Im currently using fin again .5 eod for the past 2 weeks. I know this question has probably been asked countless times. I would greatly appreciate any advise.
    This is my daily regimen to a key
    1. am shower Lipogaine shampoo 3x per week, regular days I use Tricomin shampoo
    2 Lipogaine 5% min 2 x per day for about 20 days or so??
    3. Biotin ed
    4. multi meg vitamin ed
    5. Regnepure NT on days that I dont use Tricomin, or night time washing.
    Tricomin follicle spray 3x per day.

I understand this is kind of a tricky question. Is Minoxidil worth the risk, especially since I have been using for about 3 weeks? Ive been applying Lipogaine 5% to my hairline as well due to info that I have read stating that it can help restore hairs that are thinning but not completely bald to the skin

I look good with a shaved head, but I dont want to bald quite yet.

BTW, I live a clean lifestyle. I don't drink, smoke, wear hats use any drugs that would cause hair loss.
    Stylus
    Anyone??
    Should I stick to this regimen? Spex, any advice

Shedding is part of the process. Just a few weeks in I doubt you would be doing much harm if you just quit the lipogaine. Fin could also be causing the shed so quitting the minoxidil might not stop the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Shedding is part of the process. Just a few weeks in I doubt you would be doing much harm if you just quit the lipogaine. Fin could also be causing the shed so quitting the minoxidil might not stop the shed.
    Yes Sir, I completely realize shedding is part of the process. Im just curious if the Minoxidil has made any of my follicles dependent already. I read stories where people only used for a few weeks and continued to shed months later after use. I suppose that type of shedding was inevitably if the candidate was prone to MPB to begin with.

I stated earlier in my first post that I shave my head on a 0 guard. I don't know if Im shedding or not??? BTW, are you a Min user, if so, have you had good results?? I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.. Im shaving my head on a 0 guard because I don't want to see any shedding. It will make me that much more paranoid that I already am.. I will say this... Shaving my head for the first time has really helped me overcome trying to hide my hairline. To be honest this was a huge step for me..

To my surprise I look pretty good with a shaved head. I just want to keep my hair later on in life. Its been liberating to say "what the heck, no one is perfect, get over this paranoia. Your the same guy, shave your head and own it."

Yes Sir, I completely realize shedding is part of the process. Im just curious if the Minoxidil has made any of my follicles dependent already. I read stories where people only used for a few weeks and continued to shed months later after use. I suppose that type of shedding was inevitably if the candidate was prone to MPB to begin with.

I stated earlier in my first post that I shave my head on a 0 guard. I don't know if Im shedding or not??? BTW, are you a Min user, if so, have you had good results?? I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.. Im shaving my head on a 0 guard because I don't want to see any shedding. It will make me that much more paranoid that I already am.. I will say this... Shaving my head for the first time has really helped me overcome trying to hide my hairline. To be honest this was a huge step for me..

To my surprise I look pretty good with a shaved head. I just want to keep my hair later on in life. Its been liberating to say "what the heck, no one is perfect, get over this paranoia. Your the same guy, shave your head and own it."
    What I understand from minoxidil is that you will only lose the hair you've gained if you discontinue its use. I have heard others mention that they have lost below baseline when they stopped though.

I do use minox, but I started treating my hair loss very late in the game. I have been losing since about 22, I am 37 now. My expectations are low since I have been losing hair for so long. Started treating about mid May. I had pretty good results at two months, but since then it seems I have gone back to baseline. I did start fin about the two month mark. Maybe this has something to do with my shedding? This is a long slow process so I will give it at least a year before I decide whether I think it is working.

If you can shave your head down to a 0 guard and are happy with the way you look, I would say screw it. This hair loss battle is a pain in the ass. I have been 2 guarding for a few years and just want a bit more coverage so I keep doing the same without an obvious horse shoe.

Hey stylus,

I'm 21, btw,

I'm not sure what your degree of thinning is or was or anything,
    but for me (fin / minox [hairline only] / 1% keto 2x weekly) I felt like I was experiencing horrible shedding and thinning of the crown. When I say horrible, i really mean I saw the hairs falling and I saw my crown was sort of thin looking and my cowlick was looking thinner than before, and I swear I saw a balding pattern forming on both sides of my crown.

However, I stayed the course for 3 months now.
    I really think that my cowlick looks thicker and there is no sign at all on the side I thought was thinning before. To be fair, my hair is longer now, but I just cut it down to where it was about when I started and it looks pretty good still. This is just from fin/keto on my crown, or maybe I just was seeing the end of days when it was merely just in my mind.

What I've told myself is hey, i'd really ****ing like to keep my hair a bit longer if I can and I'm going to do everything reasonable to allow myself to do that with medications, but if it doesn't work - still the same guy... This doesn't stop the constant paranoia of hair, but for the last few weeks I think it's gotten better mentally for me, but who knows.

Bottom line is that you shouldn't be losing anything by doing the medications, if anything is happening it should only be shedding thin hairs.. to prove this to myself, I researched follicles a little bit and found that generally, the black bulbs on the end show a growing follicle, and the white bulbs show a resting follicle. I tugged at my hair a little bit in the thicker part of my scalp and grabbed a thick black bulb hair and put in my medicine cabinet. Now when I see all the hairs falling I know for a fact that they are significantly thinner, and I have never seen a "thin" black bulb fallen hair yet or a "thick" white bulb hair. Then the theory is that these hairs will either come back thicker or just come back similar or a little thinner as in the natural progression of a follicle unaffected by the meds.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    Hey stylus,

I'm 21, btw,

I'm not sure what your degree of thinning is or was or anything,
    but for me (fin / minox [hairline only] / 1% keto 2x weekly) I felt like I was experiencing horrible shedding and thinning of the crown. When I say horrible, i really mean I saw the hairs falling and I saw my crown was sort of thin looking and my cowlick was looking thinner than before, and I swear I saw a balding pattern forming on both sides of my crown.

However, I stayed the course for 3 months now.
    I really think that my cowlick looks thicker and there is no sign at all on the side I thought was thinning before. To be fair, my hair is longer now, but I just cut it down to where it was about when I started and it looks pretty good still. This is just from fin/keto on my crown, or maybe I just was seeing the end of days when it was merely just in my mind.

What I've told myself is hey, i'd really ****ing like to keep my hair a bit longer if I can and I'm going to do everything reasonable to allow myself to do that with medications, but if it doesn't work - still the same guy... This doesn't stop the constant paranoia of hair, but for the last few weeks I think it's gotten better mentally for me, but who knows.

Bottom line is that you shouldn't be losing anything by doing the medications, if anything is happening it should only be shedding thin hairs.. to prove this to myself, I researched follicles a little bit and found that generally, the black bulbs on the end show a growing follicle, and the white bulbs show a resting follicle. I tugged at my hair a little bit in the thicker part of my scalp and grabbed a thick black bulb hair and put in my medicine cabinet. Now when I see all the hairs falling I know for a fact that they are significantly thinner, and I have never seen a "thin" black bulb fallen hair yet or a "thick" white bulb hair. Then the theory is that these hairs will either come back thicker or just come back similar or a little thinner as in the natural progression of a follicle unaffected by the meds.
    Thank You for your detailed reply. I appreciate it. I think Im gonna just give this regimen that I am on a shot. Once again, Thank You!!!

Thank You for your detailed reply. I appreciate it. I think Im gonna just give this regimen that I am on a shot. Once again, Thank You!!!
    noticing a little loss in the hair line area. Im about 6 weeks into treatment. i NOTICED MY HAIRLINE HAS RECEDED A LITTLE BIT SINCE I STARTED USING lipogaine 2x per day over the past 6 weeks. Should I stick it out and hope it regrows thicker stronger hairs, or stop touching my hairline with min all together? I notice I let my hair grow for a bout 2 weeks before shaving back it down. My hair looked a bit thinner than it did 6 weeks ago once I introduced Min into my regimen .Am I stressing for no reason?
    Current regimine
    1. Lipogaine 5% am, and pm
    2, Tricomin shampoo and conditioner 7 days a week
    3. Lipogaine shampoo with 1% keto 2 to 3x per week
    4. Fin .5ed
    5.Biotin daily, 10,000 mcgs daily
    6 Multi elite man vitamin 2x daily
    7. Arginine orally AKG 6000mg daily. Oral Arginine is just plain good for the body..
    recently started using my Hair Max laser comb 3 or 4 times per week.
    I cant really gauge ashed since I have been shaving head for about 3 months, but I do notice it has weakened my hairline a little??? I would hate for min to screw up a nw2 into deeper recession..