Threaded View

Default So im 20. Need some views on this... (Long Read)

Let me just start off with some background info about myself.
    Im hispanic 6' tall with curly dry hair. For the majority of my life, up until i turned 18, i was always overweight, probably obese. My peak weight was 274 lbs around late feb. 2007. Beginning march i began a Diet plan. I ate 1 Main meal a day. It was at the same time every day, 1 pm. I ate Mixed greens, White rice, Miso Soup, and Salmon or Sea Bass. Now why this? Well i was hired at a hotel here in las vegas in feb. and they offer a free buffet for the employees. So i said wth might aswell go for a diet since im here and its free. I ate that about 85% of the time, sometimes i ate at night, a sandwich or a glass of water with bread or something. It was small. I only drank Water, seriously, ONLY water. Drank about a gallon of water every day. Now this kept on until about october of 2007 when i hit my lowest weight ever of 188lbs. Thats almost a 100 pound weight loss in a 7 month period. So thats my diet for that year. WEll in the summer of 2007 i had my hair its longest, which is about 7 inches in lenght. I then decided to braid my hair. Never having my hair braided, i ignorantly went on with the braids for a week before i had then undone. I did not oil my scalp nor wash my hair during the week. The itch in my scalp became sever and my scalp was really irritated and red. So when my braids were undone i ended up with a little plastic bag full of hair. My hair had fallen out i guess. It was an alarming amount of hair to me. It was perfect thick long hair that came out and it was a lot. I immedeatly washed my hair and cut it to about a half inch in lenght the following day. From then on my hair has gone away. My temples have receded/ are receding (im trying hard to keep what i have with hopes of regrowing what was lost) my top scalp area is growing thinner and thinner. Well since then i didnt really pay any mind to my hair, i figuired it would just regrow...Wrong! My hair did regrow but i have it thinner and there are patches on my head where you can see my scalp and the lack of hair growing.
    About 3 months ago i decided to start a vitamin regiment in an attempt to salvage what i have and recover the lost. Its quite an extensive list. I decided to ditch the Minox. since when i first tried it, my hair shedding became worse, and i cant afford propecia. So the next best thing is Natural stuff. First let me start with the topical things i use, like the shampoos.

Shampoos:
    Nizoral, Color Edge Jajoba Oil, Emu oil shampoo. (added Follichili to the line up last week)

Conditioner:
    BioInfusion Mint and Rosemary

Oils i put on my scalp:
    Peppermint
    Rosemary
    Tea Tree
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Emu Oil on the temples

Now my large list of Vitamins.
    This is a multivitamin that i take. this is 1 serving and the serving consists of 2 capsules. I take 1 capsule in the morning and one at night.

Vit A 10,000IU
    Vit C 250mg
    Vit E 12IU
    Vit B1 30mg
    Vit B2 100mg
    Niacinamide 30mg
    Vit B6 100mg
    Folic Acid 00 mcg
    Biotin 2000mcg
    Pantothenic Acid 250mg
    Zinc 5mg
    Copper 1mg
    Choline 250mg
    Inosssssitol 250mg
    para-Aminobenzonic Acid 100mg
    L-cysteine 100mg
    Silica 60mg
    MSM 50mg
    Ginkgo Biloba 24% 30mg
    Saw Palmetto 25%-30% 250mg
    Pygeum Africanum 100 mg
    Green Tea 4% 50mg
    Grape seed 95% 50mg

I also take the following vitamins as an addition to the multivitamin i take.

Biotin: 5000mcg. 1 in the morning and one at night = 10000mcg
    Saw Palmetto:2 in the morning and 2 at night. 2 capsules amount to 900mg
    Soy Isoflavones: 1 a day 700mg

i Havent seen any regrowth but my shedding has significantly halted.
    Hopefully i can see some regrowth but i doubt it

Here are some pictures i took.

At 17 my hairline

Sep 3 2007. After gettn my hair cut off

Oct 20th 2007

Jan 2008

3 months ago. Barely started Regime

2 weeks ago

IDK , my self esteem is super low... i cant go anywhere without a hat, and i hate it. 2 days ago a coworker asked me " is your hair falling". I simply noded yes, but it struck me that my situation is very noticable now. I cant afford propecia, and surely not a Transplant. I was thinking of doing the PRP thing but that doesnt help the temple area and its only temporary. I dont know, i just gotta hope for the best. I wouldnt have a problem with losing my hair if i was in my late 30s or 40s. Because i would have lived my young adulthood without the emberrasment of my hair.

Well if anyone care to chime in, go ahead.