+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Lack of informations

We still don't know the efficiency on men's, just photos about women's case and when it's gone be release if it will!

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    I think right now, if you want the best results, you need some kind of anti-androgen, like Finasteride, or one of the topicals if they're shown to work (and not interfere with HSC negatively). I don't think HSC, at least in it's first iteration, is good enough to warrant not using an anti-androgen - the regrowth isn't really enough (unless you use it very regularly I suppose; even so, you'll get better results with an anti-androgen).

But you won't be stuck on it for life. We're probably 10-ish years away from a complete cure, so definitely at that stage, you'll be able to stop taking Fin.
    So you are saying histogen can grow hair but can't maintain existing hair. Does that even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    So you are saying histogen can grow hair but can't maintain existing hair. Does that even make sense?
    Yes. They are not changing the hair follicles susceptibility to androgens, they are just injecting growth factors to induce growth. It would make no sense to expect that your existing follicles would no longer be effected by DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Yes. They are not changing the hair follicles susceptibility to androgens, they are just injecting growth factors to induce growth. It would make no sense to expect that your existing follicles would no longer be effected by DHT.
    However, if youre constantly supplying your follicles with such strong growth factors, DHT affecting your follicles will be rendered useless... it'd have little effect. Would it not be this case?

I'd probably continue using an anti-DHT topical for safe measure though.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    However, if youre constantly supplying your follicles with such strong growth factors, DHT affecting your follicles will be rendered useless... it'd have little effect. Would it not be this case?

I'd probably continue using an anti-DHT topical for safe measure though.
    I guess if you continually received injections you could negate the effects of DHT by continually stimulating growth, but you're not going to change DHT levels or androgen receptors so DHT will still be attacking your hair. If that is the case then it will all come down to price. I would gladly stop taking fin if you could achieve this with a couple treatments a year as long as it's not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I guess if you continually received injections you could negate the effects of DHT by continually stimulating growth, but you're not going to change DHT levels or androgen receptors so DHT will still be attacking your hair. If that is the case then it will all come down to price. I would gladly stop taking fin if you could achieve this with a couple treatments a year as long as it's not too expensive.
    I think you'd probably have to go in for regular injections... how often nobody knows, but Histogen did mention that there was continued growth after 12 months. So perhaps once a year? Suppose they charge $1,000 per session and you need to do this every year.. they'd make quite a bit of cash. Its almost like a subscription model. Over 5 years they'd get 5 grand which compared to an FUT/FUE is close to that amount.

Easily affordable for most of us. Take a look at lilpauly, this guy has pissed away about $20,000 on hair products. Its insane.

I think you'd probably have to go in for regular injections... how often nobody knows, but Histogen did mention that there was continued growth after 12 months. So perhaps once a year? Suppose they charge $1,000 per session and you need to do this every year.. they'd make quite a bit of cash. Its almost like a subscription model. Over 5 years they'd get 5 grand which compared to an FUT/FUE is close to that amount.

Easily affordable for most of us. Take a look at lilpauly, this guy has pissed away about $20,000 on hair products. Its insane.
    If that was the price point and time schedule it wouldn't be that bad. I'd gladly pay around $85 per month if this worked to ditch fin and get a lot of my hair back, hell I'd pay more than that really.

Not a fan of that at all, $1000 for one year sure, but every year?? This stuff isnt a fullout cure so you might as well get a one time FUE HT for $5000, you could get like 1000 grafts for that price, and it's more of a sure thing.

I mean it's not a crazy price, I just would hope it 100% works if I'm paying that much.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Not a fan of that at all, $1000 for one year sure, but every year?? This stuff isnt a fullout cure so you might as well get a one time FUE HT for $5000, you could get like 1000 grafts for that price, and it's more of a sure thing.
    Yeah but what happens when you lose more hair and run out of donor or if you don't have enough donor in the first place? A hair transplant is rarely a "one time" thing, trust me I'm living it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

I mean it's not a crazy price, I just would hope it 100% works if I'm paying that much.
    See greatjobs! response. I'd much rather pay for maintenance than butcher the back of my head leaving scars, thinner areas and limited donor that can only be done 1-3 times (depending on amount per session) where each time a procedure can cost upwards of $10,000.

Besides, the $1,000 figure is nothing more than my own example of a price point, its not even a prediction.