+ Reply to Thread

Default Only one way to fight hair loss?

So I've done my basic research. I know the body converts testosterone into dht which then binds to the follicles in your hair, which have a genetic pre-disposition to be more receptive to said binding process.

In essence, your diet, exercise, positive thinking, etc. have no real influence on preventing your hair loss because none of those things stop your body from producing dht or stop your hair follicles from being receptive to dht. A better diet and exercise might improve the texture and strength of your hair but its not going to grow any back or prevent any from falling out in the future. When it comes down to it fin is really the only effective treatment that can.

I am correct in thinking this? Or are there more complex factors in the cause and prevention of hair loss? I'm wondering because I have a pretty crappy diet and I hardly exercise and I'm curious if changing this will have any significant effect on my hair.

Dut, Fin, minox, keto shampoo are effective in fighting hair loss. I put them in order of effectiveness. All of the things you have listed might have something to do with losing your hair, but most likely not.

since you are essentially concerned about your appearance, I would say you should eat right & exercise as well. since it is better to be just balding than be fat & balding. with that said, hairloss will continue even if you just exercise and take good diet.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    since you are essentially concerned about your appearance, I would say you should eat right & exercise as well. since it is better to be just balding than be fat & balding. with that said, hairloss will continue even if you just exercise and take good diet.
    This might be up for debate, but I think being fat makes you look worse than being bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    This might be up for debate, but I think being fat makes you look worse than being bald.
    Depends on how fat.

Slightly chunky dude with perfect hair will probably be seen as more attractive by some women, than a bald guy with a perfect body. Some. Remember, some women with vision might believe the fatter guy could start working out and eating right for a better body.

But what can a NW6 do?

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Depends on how fat.

Slightly chunky dude with perfect hair will probably be seen as more attractive by some women, than a bald guy with a perfect body. Some. Remember, some women with vision might believe the fatter guy could start working out and eating right for a better body.

But what can a NW6 do?
    Cure will be available in 5 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Up for debate that bald is better than fat and bald?

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Up for debate that bald is better than fat and bald?
    No, i meant fat vs. bald. Fat and bald = Game Over.

I don't think exercise and diet affects MPB. I think exercise and diet only affect hair loss that is correlated with bad dieting and when you're low on multivitamin or something. But when it comes to MPB, that is genetic and you can be a health freak and still go NW7.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I don't think exercise and diet affects MPB. I think exercise and diet only affect hair loss that is correlated with bad dieting and when you're low on multivitamin or something. But when it comes to MPB, that is genetic and you can be a health freak and still go NW7.
    Early in my hair loss battle I wanted it to be diet related because that is something I could control. Diet had nothing to do with it for me.