+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Histogen - Total Hair Count - Question

I've heard once that Minoxidil increases hair count about 10 percent
    and propecia about 20 percent

Well all know (minoxidil users) that 10 percent is ridiculous...

Whene i saw histogen last presentation i was shocked:

Important Note: histogen trial was conducted on Norwood 3-6

so can any one explain the 10 percent here? did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    I've heard once that Minoxidil increases hair count about 10 percent
    and propecia about 20 percent

Well all know (minoxidil users) that 10 percent is ridiculous...

Whene i saw histogen last presentation i was shocked:

Important Note: histogen trial was conducted on Norwood 3-6

so can any one explain the 10 percent here? did i miss something?
    i've read that the best responders of fin get about 14% increase in hair, but they are the lucky 5%

Image doesnt work

i've read that the best responders of fin get about 14% increase in hair, but they are the lucky 5%
    well anyway 10% increase by histogen is very bad! we all thought it would give 60-70 percent increase, but it seems that it's just one case.

20% increase in mean terminal hair count over baseline is pretty significant, and to my mind the best I've seen out of the future treatments.

Also bear in mind that they haven't done a dosing trial yet. So using more injections may be way more effective. Repeat treatments might turn those vellus hairs in to more terminal hairs. Using an anti-androgen simultaneously may boost the results massively. Combining it with rudimentary hair multiplication may boost it further, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    20% increase in mean terminal hair count over baseline is pretty significant, and to my mind the best I've seen out of the future treatments.

Also bear in mind that they haven't done a dosing trial yet. So using more injections may be way more effective. Repeat treatments might turn those vellus hairs in to more terminal hairs. Using an anti-androgen simultaneously may boost the results massively. Combining it with rudimentary hair multiplication may boost it further, who knows?
    Histogen + Fin + Minox + RU + CB + Dermarolling

Those results should be good. Though I'm not going to use Fin.

I really want to find out how histogen does in an environment of higher density transplanted hair.

From what ive seen all the tests were done on people with slick bald spots or severe thinning. If histogens effectiveness is strengthened in areas where there's already native or transplanted hair everyone could just do an ht to get 75-85 hairs/cm2 or whatever density their donor can get them and then do histogen injections throughout the ht zones.

so ht zones @85 hairs/cm2 would get up to 102cm2 with histogen injections if it boosts 20%

The numbers game% with histogen is still such an unknown though. That pic they have of the white woman with slick bald spot and then she has fairly decent looking growth after histogen injections would have to be way above 10-20% because it had no visible there to begin with.

Fingers crossed that ht areas have a positive and not negative effect on histogens effectiveness. hopefully that due to the fact that an area has hairs(even ht hairs) yields better results from histogen just because the environment beneath the skin is already supporting follicles,sebaceous glands and all that other techno mumble jumble that needs to be going on for hairs to grow.

just my hopes/worries

P.S. IVe also read that histogen really strengthens/helps reduce/prolong life of hair that was being bullied by dht. So I dont know why histogen wouldn't just come to market as a preventative(safer/more effective) treatment that is only needed once every 2 years and make a fortune off younger guys just beginning hairloss. The Billion dollars they would make off that market alone would fund any future venture into curing higher norwoods.

What if Histogen was combined with Pilofocus & Acell's proposed regeneration method? Perhaps then we could get some more legitimate donor regeneration? That'd be pretty interesting... or maybe even regular HT's with Histogen?

what bothers me that histogen let us all think that it has the ability grow 60-70 percent... ( A HUGE number) where the average growth is like Minioxdil..

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    what bothers me that histogen let us all think that it has the ability grow 60-70 percent... ( A HUGE number) where the average growth is like Minioxdil..
    "Let us all believe"?

You're so stupid. They showed a case with those results they never suggested everyone subject to the product would have the same benefits.