+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    "Let us all believe"?

You're so stupid. They showed a case with those results they never suggested everyone subject to the product would have the same benefits.

The first time they published the results they didn't mention the average growth.. they just showed us the 60 percent.. and everyone was excited..

and yes i knew it was a single case, but didn't come to mind that the average would be 10%!!!!!! (same as minoxidil)
    Imagine the difference between 10 percent growth for your hair and 60 percent.. it's huge.. 10 percent is nothing..

and by the time it's released (20??) , i would be norwood 5 and it won't really help...

Maybe that's way they didn't publish any photos of hair growth in MEN!!!! They only published photos of women...

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    The first time they published the results they didn't mention the average growth.. they just showed us the 60 percent.. and everyone was excited..

and yes i knew it was a single case, but didn't come to mind that the average would be 10%!!!!!! (same as minoxidil)
    Imagine the difference between 10 percent growth for your hair and 60 percent.. it's huge.. 10 percent is nothing..

and by the time it's released (20??) , i would be norwood 5 and it won't really help...

Maybe that's way they didn't publish any photos of hair growth in MEN!!!! They only published photos of women...
    Hair loss products typically work better in men. I'd expect better results.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Hair loss products typically work better in men. I'd expect better results.
    I hope so..

guys.... histogen was suppose to be available in asia RIGHT NOW... obviously it's a lost cause.

I gave up on them long long ago. they're in the same book as nigam, as far as im concerned: the we have no evidence book.

lol I love it.

"10% is nothing"

Hell 1% is pretty good.

NW7 has around 40,000 hairs from what I estimate by surface area. 10% is 4,000 hairs. Of course not enough to do a lot of damage but would be very nice progression. Paired with other products/methods we can only guess the outcome.

NW3 estimated hair amount, say 60-70k. So a good 6-7k extra hairs. Now we're talking. easily could graph a NW1/2 hairline.

Any progress is progress. We're at the brink of some incredible discovers. Hairloss meds have only been around for like 30 years. In the last 15 years we're uncovered more methods and different meds to reduce hairloss and reverse it. Seriously first 15 years Minox/infancy of hairtranspants/Propecia(at the end of the 15 years.

Just a bit annoyed about everyone complaining about how slow things are going and how it's not going to their liking. 30~ years, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post

well anyway 10% increase by histogen is very bad! we all thought it would give 60-70 percent increase, but it seems that it's just one case.
    What's your basis for saying any of this? Can you provide evidence that fin or minox work anywhere near that well in just 12 weeks? Histogen's effects will most likely compound with multiple treatments, so it will be capable of much more than that in the long run. And even if it doesn't, it would be pretty awesome to get something with similar effectiveness to current treatments, but no side effects and no need to use a medication or topical product daily.

You have no idea how to interpret the "10%" or "20%" there. The pictures say a lot more.

Originally Posted by whatsgoingon
    NW3 estimated hair amount, say 60-70k. So a good 6-7k extra hairs. Now we're talking. easily could graph a NW1/2 hairline.
    I dont think your understanding how its working. You dont take the total number of hairs and then have 10% of the total available for growth wherever you choose man.

If your hairline density has dropped to (serious thinning) 50hairs/cm2 or below 10% increase would be 5 hairs in that cm/2. Basically no improvement.

Im not knocking histogen. For my individual situation they seem the best solution to help me outta this nightmare but 10% just wont cut it unless its compoundable. If its not compoundable then they need to get it up to @ least 35-40% for it to make a real difference.

It would also be great to learn if the % increase is limited to only native hair or if it doesnt matter if its ht hair.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    Originally Posted by whatsgoingon
    I dont think your understanding how its working. You dont take the total number of hairs and then have 10% of the total available for growth wherever you choose man.

If your hairline density has dropped to (serious thinning) 50hairs/cm2 or below 10% increase would be 5 hairs in that cm/2. Basically no improvement.
    They might not have measured it this way. Which could explain the discrepancies, e.g. maybe it's closer to 60% in an area, but 10% overall?

There's no way any of the hairline pictures are only 10% of what was in that area.

Edit: Or it's as the post in another thread said, and the increase is 10% more vellus hairs and 20% more vellus hairs becoming terminal hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgoingon View Post
    lol I love it.

"10% is nothing"

Hell 1% is pretty good.

It's nothing. if 1% is pretty good for you, well enjoy that.

about how much hair can Propecia and minoxidil grow, search their clinical trials and academic Journals that they published.

heh, any improvement is improvement. If you're past NW3 for several years you're far gone on getting serious regrowth.

I also wonder if hair transplants will cause issues with this type of product.

i.e the surgery destroys the cell or damages it so only untouched areas will get regrowth.

There are so many variables in this, so yes in my terms 1% or 10% on a overall scale for people who have only recently lost hair will be huge. Plus the real issue is does this procedure work or not. Having any regrowth proves it works, now they just need to up the dosage or treatment amounts and bam 20-30% minimum.