+ Reply to Thread

Default IF I am using current treatments, can I still benefit from future cures, if any?

Hey All,

I am convinced now that the only way to tackle this nightmare of MPB is to take actions sooner than later. Thats why I will put my fears of side effect and commitments aside and start taking propecia and minoxidil asap

However, Can I still benefit from future treatments if they will be any, and give up propecia and minoxidil?! or will I be stuck with propecia and minoxidil for life?!!!

I am sure that others may share the same concern as me, and this what keeps waiting for another treatments and risk their hair rather than tackling the issue asap!

Why delay these treatments?

If I knew about fin when I started balding I would have jumped on it without hesitation!

There is nothing decent coming out in the next few years. Your hair loss will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    There is nothing decent coming out in the next few years. Your hair loss will only get worse.
    This kind of speculation needs to stop. Nobody knows with certainty what is or isn't coming out in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    This kind of speculation needs to stop. Nobody knows with certainty what is or isn't coming out in the next few years.
    It's not speculation

The burden of proof falls in the people that claim that a cure is going to come out of nowhere in the next few years

Hell, yesterday I was reading a post from 2007 in a bodybuilding forum and a moron told a kid to not use rogaine because a cure was coming in 2009.

Hop into the current treatments, and even an HT if that will make you happier

Even if the definite cure was presented today, it would still be years away from being commercialized and stabilize at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    It's not speculation

The burden of proof falls in the people that claim that a cure is going to come out of nowhere in the next few years
    Thats not proof though, lol. Thats again, just speculation. None of us knows whats going to happen in the next couple years.... WITH CERTAINTY. We've got a pretty good idea of what to expect (further baldness, lol) but there may be some options within a few years (histogen, replicel, pilofocus + regeneration/dr nigam, who knows?)

Not one of you guys can say with certainty what will happen. Not even Spencer K...

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Thats not proof though, lol. Thats again, just speculation. None of us knows whats going to happen in the next couple years.... WITH CERTAINTY. We've got a pretty good idea of what to expect (further baldness, lol) but there may be some options within a few years (histogen, replicel, pilofocus + regeneration/dr nigam, who knows?)

Not one of you guys can say with certainty what will happen. Not even Spencer K...
    Sure, but without any evidence, it's safe to assume the status quo will remain the same

I just say that people need to start treatment with whatever is available right now instead of just "hoping" a cure is going to come out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Sure, but without any evidence, it's safe to assume the status quo will remain the same

I just say that people need to start treatment with whatever is available right now instead of just "hoping" a cure is going to come out of nowhere
    Sure, but I never said to pin your hopes on future treatments and dismiss current ones (limited as they may be). You brought that comment into the discussion from another forum.

I know I should not delay using the treatments anymore, the later I use them, the less effective they become.

However, a cure, or at least a better treatment, will eventually come; maybe in 5-10 or even 15 years and I really would like to benefit from it, and I do not want to keep using these pills for the rest of my life !!!

So, I am looking for a reassuring answer

Quote Originally Posted by mohuk View Post
    I know I should not delay using the treatments anymore, the later I use them, the less effective they become.

However, a cure, or at least a better treatment, will eventually come; maybe in 5-10 or even 15 years and I really would like to benefit from it, and I do not want to keep using these pills for the rest of my life !!!

So, I am looking for a reassuring answer
    What makes you think using finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral or any current treatment would stop you from benefiting from a cure? All they really do is slow down the destruction of your follicles, and maybe provide some re-awakening of dormant ones. That's it. There's nothing magic about it that means once you start, you're locked in for life. Once some injectable cure comes out, you'll be able to stop. The only difference it makes it that you'll have more hair when a cure is released (and therefore you'll benefit more readily from earlier products) if you start taking them now, than if you don't.