+ Reply to Thread

Default attention dr. glenn charles

hi dr. charles, as you know i had 600 4mm grafts 25 years ago they all remain the same length, approximatley 1/2 ich to 2 inches in length. these grafts never grow. i have been told by prominent transplant physcians that my prior surgeries have compromised the vascularity and blood circulation in my scalp, resulting in poor hair growth. do you agree with this prognosis and do you think that the laser comb could improve the blood circulation in my scalp. and if so which specific device do you recommend the hair max laser comb or the sunnetics laser comb, also have you heard anything about allergans current research into latisse as a topical solution for the treatment of male pattern baldness. i greatly appreciate any advice you may have to offer, thank you dr. charles sincerely joe

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Joe, I feel for you buddy. You were young and wanted to do something right away about your hair loss. Unfortunately, technology was crappy back then. I do agree that the vascularity is compromised because of the prior surgeries and scar tissue formation. The laser comb may help to improve circulation, but no guarantee. I have only worked with the HairMax laser so I could not say anything bad or good about the Sunetics product. I have not seen or heard of any compelling data to suggest that Latisse will help with vascularity problems.
    PRP could be another option as it may stimulate neovascularization and expose the follicles to additional growth factors. Again no guarantees.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default thank you dr. charles

thank you for your response dr. charles. i recently saw a prominent iahrs surgeon in the new york area and he said i was not a candidate for prp therapy and he said it would not help my grafts to grow. i really wanted to try it but he said it would not help, do you think the laser comb could possibly help with the circulation in the scalp. dr. kinglsey in the staten island area sells the hair max laser comb for 495 dollars, this cost is really nominal considering all the thousands of dollars i have spent over the years. i really appreciate your help dr . charles sincerely joe

Default Has anyone heard there is a cure for baldness?

I am hearing rumors about a company in Canada that have created a cure for baldness. They are using a new biotechnology that they discovered to re-grow all of you own hair follicles in unlimited numbers in a lab and in about 2-4 hours they can completely replant your entire scalp with your own hair that comes from your own genetic code. It's a one time treatment and is non invasive and will be done buy a licensed dermatologist. If this is real it will change the face of hair loss treatment all over the world. Anyone hear of TrichoScience?

G

Gman, i highly doubt it bro
    Last edited by Spex; 09-15-2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: spelling