+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pilofocus video

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I agree. I know some people do not like Rassman but he's about as straight up and honest as they come in terms of what is available now.

I think Dr. Wesley talking about ACELL is a mistake - he should focus on the strengths of Pilofocus.

Here is a recent post about acell etc from Rassman.
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2013/11/0...r-replication/
    Agreed. Pilofocus is a very interesting procedure that can potentially bring a lot of benefits for hair transplant surgery (i.e., lack of visible scarring and reduced transection). It's great to see a doctor who is innovative and trying to bring the industry forward.

At the same time, you have to be careful with the promises you make. I've seen a lot of surgeons start to bring up donor regeneration lately. If you're a doctor and you truly are multiplying hair like you claim, than you should absolutely document and prove it. Talk means nothing in this industry. Unfortunately, based on all the hype Gho received, I think a lot of surgeons are trying to jump on this bandwagon without any solid proof.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Guys,
    You dont have to take what i am about to say as factual until you've see the proof for yourselves (it will be shown to the general public at some point)
    but,
    The PowerPoint presentation Dr Wesley's shared with me DOES show plenty of phase test patient donor areas that in fact have regrown/regenerated hair (to varying degrees). Yes it is all anecdotal but the proof is there. Keep in mind, those phase tests were performed some time ago,
    Ill be a part of the next round of phase testings very soon though..!!
    I understand the speculation..Hey- you should always question everything that is shown and discussed here, as well as at the other forums and websites.
    (as I HAVE always DONE)
    I would hope that my continued support based on what I know thus far may to some degree alleviate any frustrations or sadness you may have.
    I have been quite equitable here. Ive also always been quite objective during the extensive research and the studying that Ive done for myself... for my own protection too.
    I mean,, I would never want to assume or 'fall into' anything as being a good thing regarding any type of hair restoration.
    Facts , proven facts are the only thing we can go by...
    I do feel especially bad for all of you younger guys who have been suffering from hair loss at such an early age..hang in there brothers!!

Artista, thank you for keeping us updated and always bringing a positive vibe to the forum.

I have to ask though, what do you mean by "anecdotal evidence" ?

google definition: (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research

If you have seen proof, then its not anecdotal. It's only anecdotal if Dr. Wesley told you there is regeneration but haven't shown you proof. I don't really know what you mean when you see that.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Locke999 (cool name)
    Anecdotal ~
    based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation

The study photos that i had seen was last March or April.. were from the beginning phases of Dr Wesley's method.
    Relatively very early on Locke999 hence the anecdotal claim.
    Thanks for your comments bro.

Okay, thank you for clarifying, I hope your procedure go as well as you expect.

Artista,

Thank you. Your testimony does alleviate a lot of the stress I feel related to my hair loss. I hope regrowth becomes even more consistent during Dr. Wesley's phase tests.

I first started posting on the Xconomy threads several years ago, and even though I always wait for visual proof before getting too excited, I know that you've been an objective poster for a long, long time.

I think it's fair to say that the real key is not just donor regeneration, but seeing regrowth in the recipient area.

Artista, have any of the case studies you've seen indicated that hair grew in both the recipient and the donor?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If Pilofocus can be done on body hair, a lot of people will be set. My legs are really hairy, and all the hairs are just as thick and long as the hair on my head. I like my hair typically around 1-2 inches in length.

Does anyone know if a BHT with Pilofocus could be done? That plus safe donor zone hair should give some serious options for some people.

As for the regeneration bit, here's a screenshot from the presentation of the possible regeneration:

Now, if that photo is legit, then regeneration DOES happen... with Acell. Let's hope Cooley and Wesley pull it off. They do that, I'm making a large 'donation' to the both them in the form of copious amount of champagne and other alcohol.

I get the feeling that with the regeneration bit, there may not be so much 'hype' from Dr. Wesley right now is due to:

a) Pilofocus has been in the works for a while, thus all the focus will be on THIS being presented
    b) Regeneration hasn't been ironed out, so to me it'd be stupid to hype it up before we could reproduce the results consistently. Otherwise, it has the potential to ruin his credibility

Dr. Wesley *did* mention in the presentation that regeneration will be further investigated in 2014.

Having said that... looks like 2015 is going to be a pretty big year for hair loss sufferers with more confirmed news from Replicel, Histogen, Dr. Wesley's/Cooley's regeneration and potentially something from Follica seeing how theyre halfway through clinical trials. The race is tight..... and money is more important to any of these guys than the sympathy card.... or even integrity.
    You know what... I'm now curious as to what would happen to these extraction sites on bald areas with Acell. The only way I can see regeneration happening is if there were some kind of remnant parts of the follicle creating a regenerated follicle. But lets assume the entire follicle is removed and Acell is applied and we get 'regenerated' follicles.

Has Dr. Wesley not tried making these extraction holes below the skin on slick bald areas and applying Acell? NO HARVESTING REQUIRED! And no recipient implant time either!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    You know what... I'm now curious as to what would happen to these extraction sites on bald areas with Acell. The only way I can see regeneration happening is if there were some kind of remnant parts of the follicle creating a regenerated follicle. But lets assume the entire follicle is removed and Acell is applied and we get 'regenerated' follicles.

Has Dr. Wesley not tried making these extraction holes below the skin on slick bald areas and applying Acell? NO HARVESTING REQUIRED! And no recipient implant time either!

Hahaha @ gif