+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pilofocus video

That's a good question Hellouser. Pilofocus can take more than one graph at a time so taking leg hair would be quick I would think.

If you were to transplant leg hairs onto the head, how long would it grow? Hair never stops growing but leg hair does.

If transplanted on the head, will it grow longer or will it stay permanently the same length?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's fine if people were disappointed with the presentation, but in my opinion I don't think it makes sense to blame Artista. He's a good, loyal forum member who provides as much information as he can. The last thing we want is for him to say "f*** this" and never come back because people on this forum are let down by anything that isn't a 100% foolproof cure.

Having said that, Artista has always - very consistently - stated that the presentation he saw had more information than the presentation we saw. MY HOPE is that the longer presentation has actual proof of donor regeneration, whereas this video just talked about the theory behind it.
    Spencer is the one who really hyped this up.

He was quite enthusiastic on his show when they discussed pilofocus.

Fatter grafts = less chance of regeneration. The ACell thing is nothing new. Cole has been using it for awhile and getting regeneration. Everything in this video was already discernible in the patent.

i want hair doubling.

Dr Cole

"Also, recognize that Pilofocus is a long way off if ever technology at this point. The device harvests tiny plugs deep in the scalp. This will fill in with scar tissue so it's absurd to suggest that it is scarless. If anything there will be more scar. What we don't know is what all this subcutaneous and intradermal scarring will do to the donor area. Right now, it is more theory than substance. They are quite fortunate to have financial backing. What we do have with our techniques and donor are treatment is proven results and improved healing. Proven is a whole lot better than unproven theory. Pilofocus also removes all of the deep stem cells. Thus, it is highly unlikely you will have any follicle regeneration. Instead, you will have a thin donor area with lots of gaps and tons of deep fibrous scar tissue."

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Dr Cole

"Also, recognize that Pilofocus is a long way off if ever technology at this point. The device harvests tiny plugs deep in the scalp. This will fill in with scar tissue so it's absurd to suggest that it is scarless. If anything there will be more scar. What we don't know is what all this subcutaneous and intradermal scarring will do to the donor area. Right now, it is more theory than substance. They are quite fortunate to have financial backing. What we do have with our techniques and donor are treatment is proven results and improved healing. Proven is a whole lot better than unproven theory. Pilofocus also removes all of the deep stem cells. Thus, it is highly unlikely you will have any follicle regeneration. Instead, you will have a thin donor area with lots of gaps and tons of deep fibrous scar tissue."
    Finally a doc says this. This was my first thought.... "how can rummaging around deep under the scalp with scissors be 'scarless' or without damage?"

I would classify pilofocus as downright scary.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Finally a doc says this. This was my first thought.... "how can rummaging around deep under the scalp with scissors be 'scarless' or without damage?"

I would classify pilofocus as downright scary.
    That's not what he said. He said deep tissue scarring due to taking large grafts from below. Not "rummaging around". I doubt there will be any scarring from that, or else everyone whos ever had liposuction has a shitload of scars.

Isn't Dr. Cole a strong proponent of Acell? Funny how he would negate Dr. Cooley's findings (and photographic evidence from Dr. Wesley) on Pilofocus + Acell itself creating regeneration.

Doesn't make sense... sounds like bias to me.

This is sort of funny because some people say Dr. Cole is supportive of the new technology, and then some people say he thinks it's terrible. Not exactly sure what to believe.

In any event, I think Dr. Cole's opinion is contrary to common sense (I am not a doctor, so I can't say for certain). With FUE, the "intradermal" scarring is still present because the FUE punch extends all the way down the length of the hair follicle past the bulb (bulbs are indeed present on FUE grafts). Yet this never seems to present a problem.

With the Piloscope, the only "intradermal" scarring is the removal of the bulb itself (again, something that is always extracted with every FUE graft). However, the extra scarring that comes with 1) cutting the surface of the skin, and 2) penetrating all of the skin's layers until the bulb is reached, is now eliminated. It is definitely - no matter how you look at it - a net reduction in scar tissue.

Dr. Wesley has already convincingly proven that there is no extra scar tissue caused by the "rummaging" because of the pocket that exists between certain layers.

Finally, with regard to follicle regeneration - and I'm saying this as a person who is still skeptical that follicle regeneration is even possible - Dr. Cole's critique is almost completely inapposite. He is criticizing the Piloscope for removing too much of each graft, failing to recognize that the Piloscope also has the ability to remove much smaller portions.

Not that it's a competition, but in my opinion Dr. Cole is being too critical of a study and a technology orders of magnitude more sophisticated than anything he has ever put together.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

I know for fact that Dr Wesley has 100% of Dr Cole's support on the new Pilofocus technique.
    Dr Cole was the first person to COMMEND Dr Wesley right after the presentation in San Fran'.
    But regardless as to 'who thinks what' of Dr Wesley's technique..It WILL set a new GOLD STANDARD in this field of hair restoration. I have no doubts about that.