+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Well thing about Nigam is he just doesn't do acell he nukes your head with all kinds of growth factors, so it would be especially interesting to see him use the instrument but his own approach towards regeneration

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I haven't seen the presentation but is it really faster and easier than extant alternatives?

And also, as Didi mentioned in another thread, why cant it be used from the outside of the skin?
    To expound upon this point, after viewing the presentation, I would say yes. The first time a doctor uses the Pilofocus, I do not believe it will be fast or easy. However, over time, I believe it will be both faster and easier than FUE and FUT. The reason for this is the pretty intense amount of automation that the Pilofocus provides (it actually looks like a video game of sorts).

Dr. Wesley showed a video of how many grafts could be extracted in 30 seconds (with the William Tell Overture being played in the background, of course). I don't know the exact count, but he certainly pushed the "extract" button quite a few times.

From a patient perspective, recovery from a Pilofocus procedure should be much faster than FUT due to the smaller incision. It is also faster than FUE because none of the extractions are ever visible.

Default Where can I see the show ???

[QUOTE=Artista;154722]Hi Crafter , You can start by reviewing this websites concerning Dr Wesley's new technique.

http://www.pilofocus.com/

https://www.google.ch/patents/US2013...ed=0CDgQ6AEwAA

Also read the thread made here-
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12094

It is a long discussion...[/QUOTE
    ]

If Pilofocus comes to market, it is just something that Dr Wesley will be offering, or will it be something other Dr's of choice are allowed to then use if they purchase / study the procedure etc?

So if its available in 2014 in USA, when could it be available in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyBateman View Post
    If Pilofocus comes to market, it is just something that Dr Wesley will be offering, or will it be something other Dr's of choice are allowed to then use if they purchase / study the procedure etc?

So if its available in 2014 in USA, when could it be available in Europe
    http://http://www.pilofocus.com/media-news.html

On this page of the Pilofocus website it says :
    'PiloFocus’ direct market is the over 1000 registered members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) that perform HRS procedures worldwide.'

This means that it is certainly open to all ISHRS Doctors/Surgeons, who decide to learn the technique and get the tools & licensing.

So to answer your question, when is it available in Europe:
    My suggestion in my slightly lenghty post 'summary of treaments' here,
    http://http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/...ad.php?t=14579

is that you contact your prefered chosen doctor and enquire about Pilofocus scarless surgery directly yourself and ask if & when they might offer it.

The result being (if enough people do that), that the doctors will think 'all my new customers request scarless surgery now' and it will and prompt them to learn the technique hopefully

From what I have observed over the years, highly skilled fue doctors have a natural eye for just the right extraction pattern to avoid the moth eaten look leaving the donor area looking normal.

How exactly in the extraction pattern determined using this new method of pilofocus?

It being scarless(with the exception of the incision wound) is a big plus. What about cost? Cost is also another important factor on whether most guys will even consider a transplant. You could have the best technique in the world, but if it is out of most guys reach, then you will not be helping a whole heck of a lot of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    It being scarless(with the exception of the incision wound) is a big plus. What about cost? Cost is also another important factor on whether most guys will even consider a transplant. You could have the best technique in the world, but if it is out of most guys reach, then you will not be helping a whole heck of a lot of guys.
    I'll throw a number out there and say it'll be $7-10 per graft.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I'll throw a number out there and say it'll be $7-10 per graft.
    That is not cheap at all and out of reach for most. I am not trying to sound cool, because I know I am notcoolanymore, but I can afford a transplant but do I want to dip into my savings that much for a bit more hair? The answer to that question is not at this time. In the future who knows, but not now. It is still a great option though for those who don't care about the cost.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

HELLO Everyone!

I will finally be a Phase Test patient of Dr. Wesley's next Phase testing next month ,November 2015!!
    He has had to once again update and improve his specialized endoscopic instruments for his Phase Testings advancements.
    Of course that took a while for him to do being that he also has regular hair transplantation work to continually do for his patients as well.
    I am a bit excited to finally be a part of this phase testing which could possibly be a real 'Game-Changer'...
    No one knows as yet but, like me, stay positive.