+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My 2nd FUE in Belgium. Your opinion please !

Hi board.

First sorry for grammar and syntax as I'm not a native english speaker.

I wrote on baldtruthtalk one year ago about my failed FUE done in Paris. On august 18th I had a 2nd FUE procedure in a well known belgium clinic. My overall impression there has been very good though I would like to share a few points.

I've heard that most of HT surgeons prefer to work on "empty spaces" since restauration procedures may be a little more tricky. Now indeed when looking to my post-op pictures I feel that my result may be a bit inferior to the other photos I saw from the same surgeon on the internet. Am I just thinking too much about it ?

Please take a look at the following images and share your opinions.

Patient age 27.
    1st HT about 500 grafts.
    2nd HT 1974 grafts.

First HT one year post op:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/995/2t1i.jpg

As you can see it was pretty ugly, had to style my hair in a crazy way everyday to cover that crap.

2nd HT 2 days post op right side :

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2010/ve8o.jpg

The right temple looks pretty good IMO. Density seems satisfying.

2 days post op left side :

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8452/oh2z.jpg

A bit worrying about this side, which is the most important for me.
    Grafts seems to be a bit spaced. Zooming on it you can see that "tricky slalom" which has to be done in order to fulfil the area. I'd say it lacks some density for being perfect.

10 days post op right side :

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8924/k7v3.jpg

20% of the transplanted hair has felt while scratching the tiny scrubs. Looks still pretty good especially in the angle where the density seems close to native hairs. I would have liked to got the same density everywhere.

10 days post op left side :

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6174/ng0x.jpg

20% of the transplanted hair has felt while scratching the tiny scrubs. Again it seems to lack a bit density.

Huge shockloss !

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/ldwk.jpg

Many of the fallen hairs has regrown already but I thought that pic may be interesting to post.

-----------------------------

I also had another question regarding the numbness of my scalp. I'm talking precisely about that "hair island" which is often less affected by baldness. I do not know the exact name of that area. Yet the numbness is still very persistant there to the point I could hurt my scalp and not feeling anything. For whatever reason this part of the head seems to retain more blood, and the chemicals needed for the anesthesia by the same way.

Is there any way to dissipate this numbness ? As it's causing me problems. Some nasty itches has awake right there, that kind of itches I had before I stabilized my hairloss, and I fear for my remaining hairs being nibbled by this thing. Unfortunately this may have happened already.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

L.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Thanks for posting the photos. Who was your doctor in Belgium if you don't mind me asking?
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:28 PM.

The hair caliber of the transplanted hair seems to be too thick for the hairline along with being too dark. Probably could have picked better hairs for this area as it is critical for a natural appearance.

Usually you can tell a lot about the ht immediately post op by looking at it. The best seem to be very clean without much scabbing and all the hairs can clearly be seen going in the direction they should be going.

Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    The hair caliber of the transplanted hair seems to be too thick for the hairline along with being too dark. Probably could have picked better hairs for this area as it is critical for a natural appearance.

Usually you can tell a lot about the ht immediately post op by looking at it. The best seem to be very clean without much scabbing and all the hairs can clearly be seen going in the direction they should be going.

Hope it works out for you.

Well I guess you're right. Hairs on my backhead are darker than the ones on the upper. So I guess there's nothing I can do about that.

In my first FUE I had a lot of 2-3 hairs grafts, straight implanted without taking care of the natural direction of my native hairs. Then I got a quote from my second surgeon telling me he will remove the old grafts without extra charges. Yet they haven't been removed, the surgeon just slalomed between the old grafts.

Now I'm expecting the result to be "ok". I would have liked it to be perfect.
    Feeling a bit disappointed right now.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Thanks for posting the photos. Who was your doctor in Belgium if you don't mind me asking?
    Hi.
    I went to Feriduni hair clinic.

I wouldn't be too concerned at this point, Dr. Feriduni does great work. Just be patient, you aren't going to see much growth till after 3 months. I disagree that the work doesn't look good post-op, it looks very normal to me, also got to remember that Dr. F also uses a contrast die on the grafts as well. Try to relax, I think with nearly 2000 grafts in the area you had planted, along with your favorable hair skin contrast, will give you a nice hairline for you, good luck.

To be clear I was commenting on your first hair transplant which was grown out. Much too early to assess your current work. I would suggest not looking in the mirror so often and over analyzing what you are seeing as it does take at least 12 months.

To be clear I was commenting on your first hair transplant which was grown out. Much too early to assess your current work. I would suggest not looking in the mirror so often and over analyzing what you are seeing as it does take at least 12 months.
    Ok I misunderstood you.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I wouldn't be too concerned at this point, Dr. Feriduni does great work.
    Hi GreatJob !

Being clear I have informed myself about FUE, consecutively to my first bad experience I did not wanted to commit the same mistake.
    Yet I have no doubt that Feriduni clinic is one of the best clinic worldwide. But "shit happens" and I tend to be quite unlucky so I'm still worrying a bit.

That's why I do not wanted to mention which surgeon I've been operated from. Because I wanted to have the most objective views on my case regardless of who did the job.

Not willing to be rude but it seems that Topcat volte-faced his opinion for whatever reason as it was clear that he was talking about the recent transplant. I should better have kept the name away of the topic as it seems to influence people's answers.

Usually you can tell a lot about the ht immediately post op by looking at it.
    Much too early to assess your current work [...] it does take at least 12 months.

Hum..

Thanks anyway I will give you some updates at the 6 - 8 - 12 months marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    Hi GreatJob !

Being clear I have informed myself about FUE, consecutively to my first bad experience I did not wanted to commit the same mistake.
    Yet I have no doubt that Feriduni clinic is one of the best clinic worldwide. But "shit happens" and I tend to be quite unlucky so I'm still worrying a bit.

That's why I do not wanted to mention which surgeon I've been operated from. Because I wanted to have the most objective views on my case regardless of who did the job.

Not willing to be rude but it seems that Topcat volte-faced his opinion for whatever reason as it was clear that he was talking about the recent transplant. I should better have kept the name away of the topic as it seems to influence people's answers.
    The fact that Dr. Feriduni did your transplant didn't influence my opinion of your procedure, I only said that because I know he does great work.

I said your post-op photos look quite normal, and the last photo posted looks like you are right on track, because that is what it looks like to me. I have been around hair transplants for years, and the work done by Dr. F for you looks right on par with all cases from the top clinics. You just need to be patient and try not to worry, you'll make yourself go crazy worrying about it at this stage.