+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Before I suffered from hair loss - I didnt even notice balding men let alone people who were NW 2/3/4/5 etc.... now I suffer from hair loss I notice even guys years younger than me who are NW2 LOL.
    Yes man. I am such a NW spotter it is not even funny. & NW1's with very early diffusion....I notice them too
    Some days I walk into a restaurant, look around at all the heads & just pick out the balding guys who probably have not even realized it yet. This condition messes with your brain & how you see the world
    It also made me realize....almost every white guy over 30 is losing his hair

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Before I suffered from hair loss - I didnt even notice balding men let alone people who were NW 2/3/4/5 etc.... now I suffer from hair loss I notice even guys years younger than me who are NW2 LOL.
    Same here. Testament to how little it really matters, if you don't let it. If someone balds to NW2 and loses all their confidence, they may as well be NW7. A NW7 shaved clean full of energy, bravado, and confidence still has the whole world. Women feed off that; they sense it.

My dad has been bald since before I was born. I never even thought twice about it my whole life until I started losing my hair. The guy was NW7, married a much younger woman, and had 4 kids. Yet here we all are, many of us pouting about NW2, NW3s.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Very good point Dav

I agree that when we envision a 'tatoo' we think of dots of ink in between thin 4 inch strands of hair .

But its not how they roll anymore. They design it like a tatoo. A tatoo of hair growing out of your head. minuscule hairs about 2mm long if that. It looks cool.

Check it out...........http://smpclinic.com.au/gallery/

Now I would do it as a young man. I am 47 now and the only worry I have is I have a bunch of hair now. Its going to go white and the tattoo would need to be a different shade when I am 65. Unless I wanna dye my hair forever.
    Very interesting, thanks for the link drybone, this is definetly something I'd look into, and why not, it's so cheap in comparison to hair transplantation! However, I wouldn't be getting this done before my first hair transplant next year in April/ May, however I intend to have a second hair transplant (possibly others down the line depending on donor availability), the year after it.

Basically, would it be a good idea getting this until you are done with hair transplants? I was wondering because (a) wouldn't it be interfering with the process of transplanting new hair follicles, (b) making things more confusing for the surgeon, (c) result in areas of the head been skipped when it come to implanting the hair follicles given that the surgeon would not be able to distinguish.

Maybe I'm wrong here and maybe a hair transplantation team would be well able to spot the difference and work the same and do the same as they would had you not done SMP, however that is a risk I would like to take if I thought it would interfere with the hair transplantation procedure. If it doesn't though, then I'll be doing it without second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Here is the thing.

You are 22. You have never been 40 or 50 or 60 .

I cant speak for 50 or 60 year old men .What they want or dont want.

I have been 22, 40, and 45.

We want what you want. To look as good as we can. It is true some men just let themselves go . We dont respect them .

Just like you dont respect guys your age who are slobs. Its no different.

Here is the major difference in my opinion.

At 22 most guys my age had all their hair, so not having it was a complete disadvantage.

At 47 most men my age do not have a full head of hair, so having it is a huge advantage.

So take whatever break you can get, at any age.
    Drybone, I wholeheartedly agree with you, I was 57 when I had my first transplant, now I look 10-15 years younger and it just make me feel better about myself.

My situation wasn't like many young men here, my hair didn't start thinning until I was about 35-40, then in a matter of about five years I was a diffused norway five. I jumped on Propecia, Rogaine, then the transplant.

If I would have found this forum or any other I would have done something about it when I was forty. I didn't even realize how many people suffer from this problem and actually cared, until doing some searches in the internet.

Now I'm back to a norway two, best investment I ever made.

I'm sorry to hear this. But it is a number games over here in the States, you have to work on the numbers. 1 accepts after 100 rejections. There are women out there that likes bald guys. Just don't move to China.

TI'm turning 23 this year and will probably be NW5 til summer. My hair doesnt look good at all and I try to keep it short (2mm). The worst thing is that Im the only one with hair loss in a big crowd of friends.

Keep strong fellas!