+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    yeah i was one of those guys who at 18 said if i can hang on til 30 i'll be fine but now at 28 i'm worrying more than ever about it and don't think that's going to somehow magically stop in a couple years. if i were married or had a steady gf it would be different but i'm not so i need any advantage possible, also i look horrific with short hair and pretty good with longer hair

but yeah all you young dudes edneed to realize you're definitely gonna be worrying about mpb at 30.
    True, I also think one if the reasons is because late 20's and 30's are the prime age for men. By this time most likely have gained heaps of confidence, found their identity place in the world and at the very least have a good career started with goals in mind. Also we have learned the ropes with dating, know how women really are what they go after. Women at the same age are becoming less and less desired.. the roles switch.

yeah i was one of those guys who at 18 said if i can hang on til 30 i'll be fine but now at 28 i'm worrying more than ever about it and don't think that's going to somehow magically stop in a couple years. if i were married or had a steady gf it would be different but i'm not so i need any advantage possible, also i look horrific with short hair and pretty good with longer hair.

but yeah all you young dudes need to realize you're definitely gonna be worrying about mpb at 30.
    It never stops. I am 47 and I suspect I will still be fussing over my hair at 65.

The age where it is acceptable to be bald is probably 50, but why accept it if you can do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgunther View Post
    True, I also think one if the reasons is because late 20's and 30's are the prime age for men. By this time most likely have gained heaps of confidence, found their identity place in the world and at the very least have a good career started with goals in mind. Also we have learned the ropes with dating, know how women really are what they go after. Women at the same age are becoming less and less desired.. the roles switch.
    This is very common. By time we are in our mid to late 30s, we have well established careers and know what we are doing. By this time we are able to avoid 95% of the pitfalls in life younger guys go through.

All to see our hair fall out??? Its natures great equalizer.

Yes I was the same way and I find it weird how as you get older the ages you thought were "old" are not anymore. The harder thing about the 30's is that you are at the age where you can still look quite young and healthy but with hairloss you start to look older than you actually are (generally) and you fell like you are losing your youth.
    This exactly. I keep myself in pretty good shape and with the way I dress, when I wear a hat people easily think I look 10 years younger than I am.

What branch of the military and what rank/rate are you? I'm curious because I am a cadet at a service academy.

yeah i was one of those guys who at 18 said if i can hang on til 30 i'll be fine but now at 28 i'm worrying more than ever about it and don't think that's going to somehow magically stop in a couple years. if i were married or had a steady gf it would be different but i'm not so i need any advantage possible, also i look horrific with short hair and pretty good with longer hair.

but yeah all you young dudes need to realize you're definitely gonna be worrying about mpb at 30.
    I'm a year younger than you. When you're 18-21 years old 30 seems like a lifetime away so I can kind of understand where the younger guys are coming from (hell, I had a similar outlook). Life comes at you fast though. Also, thirty years old nowadays is not the same when my dad was 30 years old and people settled down much younger. A lot of successful guys I work with are in their 30s/40s and are still bachelors. There used to be a strong stigma against that not too long ago.

Also, I don't think I'll stop caring if I get married. Never understood the mentality of people who let themselves go just because they get married. I want my gf, wife, or whomever I'm sleeping with to be attracted to me.

..and to the OP, stay on your gym and hair regimen until a non-systemic treatment comes out, hair cloning, etc. I'm pretty cynical as to when that's ever going to happen but if you can hold on to what you have with finasteride that's probably the best way to go until something better is available.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    I'm a year younger than you. When you're 18-21 years old 30 seems like a lifetime away so I can kind of understand where the younger guys are coming from (hell, I had a similar outlook). Life comes at you fast though. Also, thirty years old nowadays is not the same when my dad was 30 years old and people settled down much younger. A lot of successful guys I work with are in their 30s/40s and are still bachelors. There used to be a strong stigma against that not too long ago.

Also, I don't think I'll stop caring if I get married. Never understood the mentality of people who let themselves go just because they get married. I want my gf, wife, or whomever I'm sleeping with to be attracted to me.

..and to the OP, stay on your gym and hair regimen until a non-systemic treatment comes out, hair cloning, etc. I'm pretty cynical as to when that's ever going to happen but if you can hold on to what you have with finasteride that's probably the best way to go until something better is available.

But if you get a girlfiend what turns into your wife now that means she must find you attractive...

So why is the OP single?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    But if you get a girlfiend what turns into your wife now that means she must find you attractive...
    ..and? Doesn't mean I'm going to stop treating my hair loss and hitting the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    ..and? Doesn't mean I'm going to stop treating my hair loss and hitting the gym.
    This.

The woman can easily dump or divorce you. You are then left not only heartbroken, but less attractive.

It's sad that men's sexual life span seems to be dictated by their hairloss.