+ Reply to Thread

Default My battle begins....I think

I've been debating on taking Fin for a few years now. I've been a caller on Spencer's show several times & he even did an interview with me about the bad hair transplant surgery that I had in 2009. Fortunately, it didn't do any damage to my existing hair, but it left me with bad head pains that required a CAT scan & an MRI to make sure everything was ok. Head pains that I still occasionally suffer with to this day.

In Oct, 2012 I got fin, but was afraid to take it, so I never did. I even made a post on here a few months back entitled "Fin users, how did you get over your fear?" and, I received many good replies to it.

My hair line is getting worse and at 33 years old, with baldness in my family, I know it's about that time that it's going to keep getting worse.

2 weeks ago, I got a new supply of fin from my pharmacy. 30, 5 mg pills for $14. They already cut them in half for me, and I plan on cutting those halfs into another half.

I was advised by a frequent poster on here who works for a popular HT doctor, that taking .25 mg (which was my original plan) is a waste of time, and that the doctor suggests taking 1.25. Which would be one, 5 mg fin pill cut into 4 pieces.

I'm kinda scared to start off with 1.25, my plan was to start off with .25 and work my way up.

So, I'm taking the rest of the week to decide what to do and how to handle this, and I plan on starting this long and hopefully side effect free journey on Monday, by taking the 1.25 mg, 3 times a week to start for awhile.

I'm terrified of side effects, mostly because of the nightmare that I went through with my surgery, so if I take the Propecia plunge and suffer the Finasteride Fail, I won't handle that very good at all.

There's no real point in this post, I guess I'm just venting some last minute fears, and hoping to get some reassurance, or even negative comments are welcome because I already have plenty of negative/fearful thoughts.

Thanks for reading, and good luck in whatever course of preventative actions you're taking, or will be taking.

I was pretty paranoid about taking fin but as my hair got worse realized id really regret not trying it

The chance fin messes you up real bad is very small

Good idea to start at 0.25 and work your way up!

Good luck brother

I started taking 1mg from the start with no problems. If it makes you more comfortable to start with .25, then start with the smaller dose and work your way up.