Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by JJacobs152
    don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but if histogen is starting phase 2 clinical trials next year...we won't see anything on the physical market for atleast another decade or so.
    They are going into phase IIB trials, they can release the product in asia right after the next trial.

soooo roughly mid-2015 in asia.

North America I have no idea, guessing a couple years more with phase III and such.

but I think they've proven efficacy, so there should be no reason to halt release on this due to it not working, they just need to finish up the trials now.

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but if histogen is starting phase 2 clinical trials next year...we won't see anything on the physical market for atleast another decade or so.
      lol u say that then start some thread about a shady/unknown treatment with a page on clinicaltrials . gov

Comment

• crafter
        • Sep 2013

i can't see how there will be any treatments out next year or in 2015

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
          They are going into phase IIB trials, they can release the product in asia right after the next trial.

North America I have no idea, guessing a couple years more with phase III and such.

but I think they've proven efficacy, so there should be no reason to halt release on this due to it not working, they just need to finish up the trials now.
          We should flood Histogen's email inbox and make it KNOWN that we want it released NOW in Asia. Give them incentive. I aint waiting another friggin' '3-5' years for an empty promise.

Comment

• rdawg
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by crafter
            In North America? There won't, and I never had any reason to believe there would be, 2015 is very very possible for asia for a few products however.

the only one that was close to a 2014-2015 release for NA was BIM but they decided to do another year of Phase II to test out a higher dose to get even better efficacy.

Histogen and BIM are the closest to release in NA, still about 2-3 years away min.

Comment

• Scientalk56
              • Nov 2012

No one can predict dates... NO ONE... its all speculations.

Comment

• Jasari
                • May 2011

Wow terrible troll...

Comment

• BoSox
                  • Jun 2010

When is Bim coming out? I read that it's several years away but people here say soon. Also, will it completely reverse thinning or is just slightly better than Minox?

Comment

• crafter
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by BoSox
                    When is Bim coming out? I read that it's several years away but people here say soon. Also, will it completely reverse thinning or is just slightly better than Minox?
                    phase 2b should have result out mid 2015.

it will only really work if you have some hair, works similar to minox so not much good if you're completely bald.

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

From what I've seen and from people using the weak 0.03% stuff off-label it's definitely better than minoxidil.

At a high dose it could probably significantly reverse thinning, making it a good product for those in the early NW1-NW4ish stage.

However there is still a worry over side effects, price vs. efficacy(the 0.03% stuff is like 30 bucks per 3ml bottle)

if it works really well and costs 60-100 bucks a month fine, but if it only works a little better than minoxidil and costs a ridiculous amount it's not even worth releasing and going through the whole phase III trial which costs millions.

Comment

• James7
                        • Oct 2013

When is Bim coming out? I read that it's several years away but people here say soon.
                        We should know the results of phase 2b by January 2015.

Estimated Primary Completion Date: November 2014
                        Estimated Study Completion Date: January 2015

It says they are currently recruiting.
                        If you look at the link you'll see that the study timeframes are 6 months. Add maybe 2 to 3 months for data collation/evaluation.
                        So Allergan will know the the outcome in roughly 9 months from study start date.

Also, will it completely reverse thinning or is just slightly better than Minox?
                        They want to market something better than available products, and certainly they want it to be better than minoxidil.

From the conference transcript, May 1st 2013, Scott Whitcup of Allergan:

'And so clearly we wanted to get into the clinic as soon as possible, A, to see if there was a signal of efficacy. And then, two, should we have sufficient data that the efficacy was greater than generic minoxidil, because our bar is high. We don’t want a me-too to a generic product, then we would have jumped to Phase III.'

So the words 'would have jumped to phase 3' - Sounds like they already have something with similar efficacy to minoxidil.
                        The aim of this new trial is to produce something that is much better than minoxidil.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                          • Jun 2012

The ideal case in short term is Kane finds an excellent vehicle for CB, which with dermarolling, can buy us time for Bim and Histogen which is probably 2~3 years away.

Comment

• JJacobs152
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                            What!? How so?
                            Originally posted by hellouser
                            lol
                            Originally posted by rdawg

Originally posted by Jasari
                            Wow terrible troll...

I'm a troll, because I work in the medical field as medical student, and now how long it takes for drugs to become available? If you guys read up on how long it takes for a drug to get approved and on the market, it takes almost about a decade to 15 years to see the drug available to the public.

Several flow diagrams that show that it'll be quite sometime, and nothing should be expected in 2015 for sure.

By this chart, we're looking at atleast 3 years till something will come on the market.

5.5 years according to this chart.

According to this, atleast 4.5 years.

Originally posted by crafter
                            exactly...

Comment

• Chubaka
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sdsurfin
                              why are you so unhappy with your transplant? Also, can't you just shave your head and get some micropigmentation on the FUE dots?
                              Done that!

Comment

• James7
                                • Oct 2013

All those charts posted by JJacobs152 are not really relevant, they relate to FDA approval.
                                Also they are rather general.

Histogen has done phase 1/2 combined (not shown on your charts).

Histogen is going for fast-track approval in Asia.

As the company stated before, they aim for 2015 Asia.

As I said before, in my original post - If it gets delayed to a release date of 2016, we will at least know by 2015 that it is coming

Comment

Working...