+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    You know, at the level of incompetence these doctors have shown over the last 30 years, nobody should be surprised if it actually takes them another 30 years.

Personally, I think it will be significantly less than that but you gotta admit, the guys doing the research are ridiculously slow.
    They're slow, but that's the process right now, I put it down more to regulatory paperwork and funding.

But it's linear thinking to say "it's taken 30 years for us to get here, so another 30 will get us to the cure". Up until this point in history, almost all medicine has been a case of trial and error. We find something that seems to work, and we use it without necessarily understanding the mechanism entirely: just look at finasteride and minoxidil. But we're entering an age of biotech, where treatments are targeted, stem cell and gene therapy based. I have no doubt it will be less than 10-15 years before baldness can be effectively cured. No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I have zero doubt that BIM will be released, definitely works at least to a minor extent, just not some amazing product(probably will give results between Minoxidil and Histogen, so say 15-20% tops vs. 25-30% of histogen or 5-10% min, just making up numbers here)
    I'm fairly optimistic about Allergan, we know they definately have the funds and the means to bring something new to the market. They certainly know how to market too (who hasn't heard of botox?).
    And since propecia is going fully off-patent next month, that should help with the pricing of all competing meds on the market, at the consumer level.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Also excited for histogen.

I just wanna hear the words "we've begun phase IIb trials" because that means we can start counting the days to an asian release.
    Me too.

Dr Zeiring said on a previous bald truth show, that he has already injected himself with HSC (and stopped finasteride at least temporarily).
    So clearly in his opinion it's definately worth having, and safe.

I can see a chain of events now that will lead to its release.
    Have faith, the wheels are in motion:

Histogen have secured patents for HSC now (september 2013).

Next month, the merger and new company should form:
    'Sol J. Barer, Ph.D., will assume the position of Chairman of the Board of Restorgenex effective November 1, 2013.' - Histogen website. That's in just a few days.

Restorgenex will be on the OTC Share Market.

At phase 2b they should test 200 or more injections per person (for higher norwoods).

Dr Gail Naughton has successfully bought new treatments through fda approval before.
    So she already has a successful track record of bringing regenerative medicines to market.

It's going to happen

Default ?

why are you so unhappy with your transplant? Also, can't you just shave your head and get some micropigmentation on the FUE dots?

Quote Originally Posted by Chubaka View Post
    That's good reading, too bad i already have undergone HT and FUE. I wish I could feel just free, if I only could get my bald head back, but I can't live my life fully when I look as I do. My life is over!

Good luck everybody! Always remember I bald head is better than a head with a hairtransplant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    It's been a long time since Histogen has shown a sign of life. Many promising new treatments never showed up on the market. Anybody remember NEOSH101?
    Histogen just got(like 1-2 months ago?) an American Patent and funding from two Biotech guys, Phase IIb is approaching but yes I think they slowed this year because they were waiting for funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    Anybody remember NEOSH101?
    I will be trying shortly...

Still have hope in this.

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    4.) If you have the passion for it, become a stem cell scientist
    I'd like to...but I'm too old.
    Very inspirational post!

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    I'd like to...but I'm too old.
    Very inspirational post!
    Thanks I'm glad you liked it.

I think it's important to follow your dreams/passions - maybe you should do it. It's never too late.

Also wanted to say there's some important points about Histogen and HSC on my last post (page 3), you might like. It got a bit delayed in the system getting posted, so you might have missed it.

I noticed I did a typo (on page 3) - I meant to say 'brought' not 'bought' of course - where I mention how Dr Naughton has already brought things through FDA approval before, successfully.

don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but if histogen is starting phase 2 clinical trials next year...we won't see anything on the physical market for atleast another decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but if histogen is starting phase 2 clinical trials next year...we won't see anything on the physical market for atleast another decade or so.
    What!? How so?

Quote Originally Posted by jjacobs152 View Post
    lol