+ Reply to Thread

Default How Often To Get Haircuts?

I'm about 6 months into my HT and everything is starting to grow well. Since i have the uneven growth on both sides still (as well as the kinkiness) i've been getting my haircut about once a month. I've been going to a #2 on the sides and just tripping the top with scissors. I went kind of lower this time, and I was wonder by doing haircuts and keep the hair shorter, and I am affecting future thickness, caliber, and maturity? In essence, should I just let my newly transplanted hair grow to about 4 inches and then get a trim once its too long?

Hi Traction,

Getting haircuts on a monthly basis is not going to damage your hair in anyway, but you should consider that transplanted hair looks better when it is a certain length and at 6 months you should be seeing a good percentage of the growth coming through by now.

Hair transplants look better when the hair layers over one another and gives a fuller look. Everyone has their sweet spot as to the length that looks best, too short and too much scalp can be visible, too long and it can get messy and the hair can clump together and again more scalp will be noticeable.

From now to 18 months it will all be experimenting with what looks and works best length wise and style wise, enjoy it!