+ Reply to Thread

Default Report effect of Regaine Foam

Hi. I just started using Regaine Foam well on 7th October so three weeks. I apply it 2 times as prescribed. I do not use any other medication at this time and hope I will remain on the foam for the moment until the advised period passes. I am now 26 and I think I am about NW4, but see on the pic and correct me if I am wrong because I don't have much understanding of the scale.
    So I want to share the start of my hair loss treatment and try to update all the changes occurring good or bad. By now a pain in my chest on the left side appears immediately after applying the application and lasts for about 3-7 minutes. Now this started in week 2 and it is still present. It is obvious that is caused by the medicine. I havent noticed shed so far and I assume I may not spot it as well if any because I usually buzz my hair every week to 0, but not wet shaved. I assume that because I keep that cut 7 years now and never ever noticed hairs in my hands while showering, but I do notice when I see my crown in the mirror.
    So this is so far and if anything changes I will try to update.
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg

Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	23755  

I think you are like NW3.5. It looks like my hair loss pattern. Mine is probably slightly more filled in the vertex and just a little bit more hair in the front and two doctors told me i'm NW3.

How about getting on finasteride?

Yes I plan to go on Proscar if the foam encourage me enough. Not looking in to Propecia here in UK as its expensive for me. By the way has anyone tried breaking Proscar in to lets say 0.5mg because I am planning if I go on fin to start build up with smaller dosage as not to stress my body and gradually increase to 1.25mg.

I would have suggested finasteride first, Rogaine second.

First, stabilize your DHT, slow down your hair loss and then use Rogaine. Or do both. I would not suggest Rogaine by itself first because your high DHT levels is still eating away at your hair follicles. That's how I understand it. From my personal experience of using Rogaine first before Propecia, it was basically an uphill battle.

Well honestly I still did not make my mind on 100% about finasteride. I am scared about the side effects. Thats why am still delaying it and decided to see minoxidil results first. I also received my Azemaic Azid 20% cream today and I am planning to use it in between the two minoxidil applications once a day only. This will protect folicles to some extend hopefully and will not couse any damage to my skin on the scalp when used only once a day. I am still not sure how minoxidil will penetrate on scalp when 5-6 hrs before that I had tiny amount of cream. I will let you know later guys how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    Well honestly I still did not make my mind on 100% about finasteride. I am scared about the side effects. Thats why am still delaying it and decided to see minoxidil results first. I also received my Azemaic Azid 20% cream today and I am planning to use it in between the two minoxidil applications once a day only. This will protect folicles to some extend hopefully and will not couse any damage to my skin on the scalp when used only once a day. I am still not sure how minoxidil will penetrate on scalp when 5-6 hrs before that I had tiny amount of cream. I will let you know later guys how this goes.
    No point fertilizing the garden when the soil is full of salt.