+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    It says it raised 2.1M on kickstarter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen
    Yeah, and then the rest through their website, mostly by offering in-game items and stuff https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    Yeah, and then the rest through their website, mostly by offering in-game items and stuff https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
    It says they're at 23%.

Anyway, just saying they raised 2M via kickstarter, not 23M.

So have we identified a goal for crowd funding?

I think we should put all our efforts into creating a 100% gene expressed DP sphereoid as we know it will give results

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    It says they're at 23%.

Anyway, just saying they raised 2M via kickstarter, not 23M.
    It says they're at 23% to their next goal (23% of the way between 25 million and 26 million). Obviously only a small percentage of their over all funding came from kickstarter, but all of the $25+ million is from crowdfunding.

Theoretically you could get a few million for a baldness cure through kickstarter, then have an official website with milestones (like starting a clinical trial more quickly), or offer for people to come and have the currently available treatment (in a country with relaxed stem cell regulations), or to be first in line when an even better treatment becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by huawei View Post
    yeah its called star citizen and has been going through a funding (and development) phase for the last year now.

its actually more than $25million as they already had angel investors prior to the kickstarter.
    25 million dollars on something meaningless as a friggin' VIDEO GAME.

Tells you where people's priorities are...

Why haven't we gotten any confirmation from Dr. Mwamba about this technique? shouldn't it only take a few weeks to know if it works or not?

and Dr. Nigam should be able to prove this technique in a matter of weeks as well, all he has to do is take a nw7, remove all of the hair from donor and place on top and then we see what grows/regenerates...this is relatively simple, and it's becoming quite fishy why this hasn't happened yet/ why it's always a few months away

Dr Mwamba on hrn

"Everybody should be very careful about any claims made out there .
    In the meantime , scientific curiosity pushes us to verify any claims and not rejected it based on feelings .
    Let's put in place a study to proof the concept and let's all be patient as we are moving forward .If it is true , only time will tell us ...
    I will put my expertise , my effort , my love for patients ,my love for innovations and progress and my hard work to help find a solution ."

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    25 million dollars on something meaningless as a friggin' VIDEO GAME.

Tells you where people's priorities are...
    No it doesnt tell me where peoples priorities are man. It tells me that this industry hasnt embraced social networking or new technology.

If gamers can solve a ten year HIV puzzle in ten days maybe we need to get our own puzzles into the fold.it framework. I bet there are a ton of balding geeks that could help.

I know enough about kickstarter campaigns to know that we need to be specific and have a clear goal.

Maybe we should do a first kickstarter getting something into fold.it ?

Don't believe me...

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/10/gam...e-in-ten-days/

I do not see how all researchers will or can come together. Not all researches are interested in helping other achieve the goal, if it means they will not be the one to achieve success. Many researches have vested interests in their research succeeding.

Crowd funding will be lucky to make anything. Most people who would consider donating would look at the concept. Dr in India, previously was a weight loss doctor, posts questionable pictures on forums, fails to provide evidence after 1 year and being the busiest doctor in India, no real experiment or usable data, always a new protocol that is better than the last, no published papers on hair loss, uses online forums for peer review and I could keep going. Dr Nigam needs credibility outside of the hair loss forums to have a hope of crowd funding working. Are any of the methods used already patented?

Dr Nigam needs to come up with an experiment that has a clear hypothesis, clear methods, clear timelines and quality documentation. The experiment needs to stand up to real scrutiny. If Dr Nigam is successful he needs to be able to refute people with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Why haven't we gotten any confirmation from Dr. Mwamba about this technique? shouldn't it only take a few weeks to know if it works or not?

and Dr. Nigam should be able to prove this technique in a matter of weeks as well, all he has to do is take a nw7, remove all of the hair from donor and place on top and then we see what grows/regenerates...this is relatively simple, and it's becoming quite fishy why this hasn't happened yet/ why it's always a few months away
    agreed.

I'm starting to think Dr Nigam is beginning to lose credibility and we'll soon be back at square one again

i've seen this happen far too often.