+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    Didi,
    For me, it was ,meetings with jahoda and mwamba...were the take aways.

On my way back from vegas tmr, i will stop by at new york..

Lets see if i can make it to christiano's lab,within the time available.

Discussed with jahoda regardsdouble spheroids, spheroids of epithelial and dermal dp cells co culturing together,culturing in pva tubes for mass production,how to activate the main master gene regulator to make dp trichogenic in cultures,role of growth factors like shh,wnt and others to activate dpcells to become trichogenic in cultures.

I am with desmond...what he mentioned in other thread..

I frankly and openely tried to convince jahoda...that it is time before we all die..to work together...that is jahoda,christiano, gerd,tyoshima of tsuji,and anyone else( i have many different specialities in mind) who can contribute....use relaxed regulations of some countries.

He said but who is going to fund,but principally he is open to the idea.
    He asked me to be in touch with christiano, who according to him is much more aggresive,and also works on immunology,which is not his field.

I conveyed to him, funding will not be an issue,once we have the right researchers and labs come under one platform to work as a team to find the MPB cure.

I spoke the same to washniek,how can people like stenn , washniek and others, who spent so much time , should be kept away from contributing to further work, even if the aderans have stopped work, due to lack of funding by the parent company.

There could be joint patent or revenue sharing among all the contributors, i am working on it to get the top researchers together...specially those who are not just researching to make money alone...

Hope crowd funding and research support group for Androgenetic alopecia be created,
    people like spencer,hair research society, ishrs... should actively support and contribute....

Why can't we... the active members of the forum,with spencer ..
    device a strategy and plan..
    on how to use relaxed regulations in some parts of the world,
    get atleast few of the willing top researchers with their labs,
    come on our side as a team,
    to work faster and update us...not just on rats.
    but on human scalp..and do small clinical trials to move faster.

Whatever i can do , i am trying my best.
    But need team and support, to move faster.

I find the problem is this lack of work as team for the slow progress...like jahoda said,his speciality is not immunology,i have to discuss certain research with christiano, who specializes in gene mapping and immunology.

Everyone is working individually or in small groups....
    but i believe it is possible..to get the team together,atleast share each others findings, ideas..and experiment data...

Lot of time,people want to do patent, even before they have found the cure...first prove the next step in cure on human scalp, and only than dream about making the money..
    lot of people think they have the cure..though they are nowhere close to it...

Didi,arashi,and others....

Jahoda clearly mentioned in his presentation, what we all have been discussing,
    that atleast it is possible to double the hair if not multiply,i do not think, any of the collegue noticed it.

There was no mention of regen with pilofocus, only that if acell is applied at the donor, there could be possible regen, which means the same regen potential which others are discussing with application of acell at the donor.

With due respect to dr wesley, my personal opinion was little dissapointing,

What is the need or benfit to suck follicle from below(just to avoid white dot, which has alraedy been been achieved with biotech),
    ofcourse pilofocus, does require creating an incision to insert the pilo endoscope(unless i misunderstood),to go below,and suck up the grafts...

Regen chances may infact reduce ,if a chubby graft is taken,
    which is the case with pilofocus,
    they take chubby grafts with good amount of sorrounding tissue.

Niether did i understand the concept of scarless procedure...

I did ask few questions to dr wesley after the presentation, so did cole.

He is using the ultrasound as guide and the fibrooptic endoscope to visualise ..hence the name PILO..FOCUS.

I would call PILOFOCUS as a new instrument...which gives some eye..to HT rather than any breakthrough scarless or regen technique...

If i would be in his position, i would not have gone below and extracted the follicle..but would have worked on using the fibrooptic visibilty, which his instrument provides, to improve on fue/invivo doubling. as the instrument provides better visibilty invivo..
    biotech has already solved the scar issue after fue...

My take away from pilofocus is the fbroptic endoscope
    which i was searching for,to be able to do invivo doubling under vision and help injecting HM injections under vision.

I also had the demo from the same ultrasound guy, with 50MHZ..
    the body hair are clearly visible invivo..but there is not good contrast between fat and follicle in scalp hair..as there is less collagen...the ultrasound guy is working to improve this problem...

Will share more when i return back to mumbai...
    Met most of the top surgeons in the field of HT..shared my work with few...As u know ishrs is mostly about surgical procedureFUT/FUE....and less about hair research...
    Dr. Nigam is the hero hairloss sufferers deserve

Thanks a lot Dr. Nigam for your dedication to cure hair loss! You have my support along with many other hair loss sufferers! You're right, the time is now, not 10 years from now.

Dr. ,

I believe you will be able to crowdfund, if not "donation based crowdfunding", than "equity based", which comes out this spring (in the US).

I also think you have started the conversation, and should continue the conversation, with prospective researchers. One question would be: "How much do you need to come on?".

Next, once you determine the cost of the project, you can look into if it's possible to raise that money via a crowdfund.

Lastly, you get said researchers to sign contracts with contingencies for the crowdfund (eg. If said amount of money is not raised, the researcher can break the contract. If said amount of money is raised, the researcher is committed to the project.)

Let me know if you want anymore suggestions. This could be put together fast.

thank you Dr Nigam

So Dr Welsey's presentation really was "too good to be true"...ah well.

But how can doctors from different private companies work together. It is a very nice idealistic idea but it would be a huge conflict of interest for the companies who are paying these doctors to find a hair loss cure.

Dr. Nigam works for himself so he can work with anyone he wants but how can someone from Tsuji Lab partner up with others. Whoever funds them don't want money made from the cure to be split up.

If the funding was enough, you could get top researchers to abandon their smaller companies to join up for a kind of Manhattan project (or.. Mumbai project). Obviously ambitious, but plausible. An online crowd funded game just raised $25million as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    If the funding was enough, you could get top researchers to abandon their smaller companies to join up for a kind of Manhattan project (or.. Mumbai project). Obviously ambitious, but plausible. An online crowd funded game just raised $25million as of today.
    I know it's off topic but what game - was it a kickstarter game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

I know it's off topic but what game - was it a kickstarter game?
    yeah its called star citizen and has been going through a funding (and development) phase for the last year now.

its actually more than $25million as they already had angel investors prior to the kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by huawei View Post
    yeah its called star citizen and has been going through a funding (and development) phase for the last year now.

its actually more than $25million as they already had angel investors prior to the kickstarter.
    It says it raised 2.1M on kickstarter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

A new phone rjnning ubutu raised about $25M too