+ Reply to Thread

Default Gradual Fue Hair transplant

is this possible for people with slow gradual hairloss, lets say you go in every 6 months too a year to get 100-400 grafts to gradually add density, speed up the operation process and make it affordable, basically just keep topping up your hair.

Absolutely! Many benifits to this approach like the ability to monitor scaring, evaluate results, pay as you go..... I would wait a full 8 months between sessions though. Try to stick with 500 or so. Any smaller and it might end up a tedious long journey to your goal.
    Make sure your on a maintainence program to stop the progression of more hairloss. This way your not spinning your wheels.

If you have the money the why not?

Perhaps some docs can post here -- I've asked a few reps about this and they generally discourage it.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    Perhaps some docs can post here -- I've asked a few reps about this and they generally discourage it.
    If you settle on FUE, IMO the number of grafts depends on your degree of hair loss and the distance you need to travel to your hair restoration surgeon's office. For instance, if you are a Norwood 5 and 28 years old, I wouldn't recommend travelling from Hawaii to Atlanta for 700 grafts. IMO, for that kind of travel, I would suggest roughly 2,000 - 3,000 grafts. If you live in Atlanta, and you are a Norwood 5, I would recommend a minimum of 1,000 grafts. I tell patients that the most difficult part of the process is waiting for the transplanted hair to grow. The pay off is somewhere between 8 and 14 months. For a Norwood 5, the long awaited result from a smaller session could be anticlimactic. On the other hand, we have had patients in their 40s - 50's that want to fill in some recession at the temples. In that case, a smaller session is all it takes and you're done.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

One of the advantages of FUE is that you can do limited procedures and it is just as efficient as if you did large ones. The opposite is true with strip procedures. It is more efficient to do a large procedure when you do a strip procedure. Small procedures are fine with FUE.