+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default worlds most renowned FUE surgeon?

Hi Guys

I was wondering if you guys could help me. If i travelled anywhere in the world to visit the worlds best FUE surgeon who would it be. I am in Australi and went and saw Dr Woods so please count him out. Who should i see? Is there anyone concidered the absolute best? thanks for your help guys

hi bosco,

Dr Bisangi in Brusells seems to be doing very good work. If you need a lot of work and are considering Strip then its H&W. You can also check shaporio for fue is well.

Just one question please, since you are in Austrailia why would you not condier Dr Woods? Have you had a bad experience with him?

Hey Bosco. I'm from Oz too. What was consult with Dr woods like. Can you recommend a great FUE doctor?

Not to sound biased, but I would have to recommend Dr. Cole!

He was one of the first doctors in the US to perform FUE, has performed over 2000 FUE procedures since 2002, and has developed his own FUE technique and instrumentation, known as CIT. If you go to our website - type "Cole Hair Transplant" on Google), you can see hundreds of results photos. We frequently see patients from all over the world.
    Last edited by CIT_Girl; 02-22-2015 at 04:26 PM.

First things first, you should stay within the IAHRS if you’re thinking about a hair transplant of any kind. To be fair, Dr. Woods in Australia did invent FUE and seems to have a good reputation and I have heard Spencer Kobren himself say good things about him. If you go anyplace else check with the IAHRS and see who is the most experienced in FUE.

Some years ago I truly believed that Dr. Woods was the "world's premier FUE surgeon" largely attributable to the fact that he was one of the few docs doing it competently. He was indeed the doc who invented this technique but since then, a fair number of North American docs are now performing it with some awesome results. I do not believe any one doc has the corner on this FUE technique any more than I believe that one doc has the corner on strip!

I don't see Dr. Poswal recommended for FUE very much any more! Anyone have any ideas as to why?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Either Dr. Cole or Dr. Feller.

They are hair transplant GODS. Only about 1/1000 HT doctors are this good if you ask me. They are truly skilled. If I had the money I would get a few thousand grafts from Dr. Cole via FUE... the results on his website are amazing.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Jeffrey Epstein, MD's Avatar

FUE work is quite detailed work, and takes an experienced team to provide predictable and consistent results.
    Personally, I greatly enjoy these procedures, doing the majority of them with hand held punches, rather than a drill. With the 3 to 4 FUE procedures I perform weekly, I advise patients to expect a somewhat lower percentage of growth, typically 80% or so, unlike the 90 plus % rate of growth seen with strip grafts.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration

Inactive

Default Dr. Rassman

Quote Originally Posted by CIT_Girl View Post
    Not to sound biased, but I would have to recommend Dr. Cole!

He was one of the first doctors in the US to perform FUE, has performed over 2000 FUE procedures since 2002, and has developed his own FUE technique and instrumentation, known as CIT.

If you go to our website you can see ...
    Excerpt:
    "Now that more than one physician appeared to be having success with the procedure, Dr. John Cole, MD began a more in depth evaluation of the procedure.

At the same time Dr. William Rassman, MD was promoting follicular unit extraction or FUE itself. Dr. William Rassman, MD and Dr. Robert Bernstein, MD practiced their version of FUE or follicular unit extraction for 1 ˝ years before they presented their technique to the world.

They delayed presentation so that they could collect their scientific data on their procedure. After their data was presented, we found that it was possible to successfully perform CIT® on many individuals who were FOX negative."
    "1 ˝ years before" - What exactly does it mean?

I mean, Dr. Rassman is claiming that he started developing FUE in the mid-90's and that he just was unwilling to publish it "for grandstanding purposes". That's exactly what Rassman is saying. So what?

I know the answer to this one I've had surgery with the three mentioned.

The most "renowned" is Dr Woods. He is famous for inventing FUE and has been around for a long time. He was the original FUE pioneer. He is a very good doctor and his "do no harm" and patients rights policy was a step in the right direction. He achieves excellent yields through careful placement but his artistic eye for hairlines isn't the greatest. His sister (also a FUE doctor) is better in this regard.

However the "best" and current leader is Dr Feller ... and by quite a margin. Dr Feller produces a cleaner and better healing recipient than Woods. His hair angulation and artistic placement is also streets ahead. Growth is probably on a par with Dr Woods. They both achieve excellent yields.
    He's continually refining his technique, realistic of FUE's potential and not just cashing in on megasession FUE etc.
    He invents and openly shares the tools to improve FUE for doctors and patients alike and his transparent approach is refreshing. He's absolutely the new FUE pioneer in my opinion.

Dr Cole isn't in the same league as either of the above. He's a excellent doctor and you're in good hands but his technique is clumsy and the results weak compared to the above two.