+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Nice of you to give him the worst case scenario
    People who treat DHT inhibs as a last resort have it backwards. Your hair = your face. Giving up your face should be the last resort, saving it should not be.
    When a guy avoids DHT inhibs & goes NW6, I hope he has fun celebrating the firmness of his erections by himself, because women are not going to celebrate it with him

Good luck to you OP
    I have been back on propecia since July. About 4 weeks ago, I decided to grow a beard. I have always had a heavy fast growing beard. Propecia has not altered this in any way even thought I have read that DHT is what causes men to get beards. At almost 4 weeks in, I already a beard. Yesterday someone at worked called me paul bunyan and the day before a women/coworker/friend said it looked really nice. I am on a low dose of propecia and have seen only very minor improvements, but can say it has not caused me any negative sides. If propecia really did stop beard growth, they could make a lot of money from men who don't like to shave (me included

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I have been back on propecia since July. About 4 weeks ago, I decided to grow a beard. I have always had a heavy fast growing beard. Propecia has not altered this in any way even thought I have read that DHT is what causes men to get beards. At almost 4 weeks in, I already a beard. Yesterday someone at worked called me paul bunyan and the day before a women/coworker/friend said it looked really nice. I am on a low dose of propecia and have seen only very minor improvements, but can say it has not caused me any negative sides. If propecia really did stop beard growth, they could make a lot of money from men who don't like to shave (me included
    Yes man, I do not think DHT has any significant effect on beard growth for adults. I am on 1mg dutasteride & my facial hair has not changed. However I would expect suppressing T to affect beard growth, which is a major worry for me when it comes to oral spiro

^ dude dont u dare take oral spiro!

ive been looking a lot more into dut studies and testimonials lately...IMO the biggest concern is 5ar1 reduction and potential neurological sides. Even many users report going up to 2.5mg dut/day really made a difference but also caused fatigue, brain fog etc and they had to return to a lower dose

a user on another forum is going from 0.5mg/day to 10mg a day ill let u know if he turns out ok lmao

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Yes man, I do not think DHT has any significant effect on beard growth for adults. I am on 1mg dutasteride & my facial hair has not changed. However I would expect suppressing T to affect beard growth, which is a major worry for me when it comes to oral spiro
    I think you will be ok as I did have a problem with low T. My chest/body hair did thin but if my beard did, I could not tell. I still needed to shave every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    ^ dude dont u dare take oral spiro!

ive been looking a lot more into dut studies and testimonials lately...IMO the biggest concern is 5ar1 reduction and potential neurological sides. Even many users report going up to 2.5mg dut/day really made a difference but also caused fatigue, brain fog etc and they had to return to a lower dose

a user on another forum is going from 0.5mg/day to 10mg a day ill let u know if he turns out ok lmao

Damn! Although I don't have a problem with people using meds to reverse hair loss, this is pushing it. 20x the normal dose!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Damn! Although I don't have a problem with people using meds to reverse hair loss, this is pushing it. 20x the normal dose!!!
    Ahaha yea its pretty crazy, but based on on the available info this is the dose that will decrease scalp DHT by the most...he is nuking it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Ahaha yea its pretty crazy, but based on on the available info this is the dose that will decrease scalp DHT by the most...he is nuking it!
    Sounds like an attempt of chemical castration.

A quick question. Am I right in assuming Propecia is cheaper on NHS, can someone confirm this? I am a working man and do not claim any state benefits. Even if I pay for my prescription and the doctor agrees to prescribe Propecia for me, I assume it would be cheaper than buying over the counter correct?

I saw a success story of a dude taking oral spiro and very little side effects and complete temple regrowth. A younger guy. This was on *** and he did post pics.

I wouldn't go that far though.

My endgame is Dutasteride + a few FUE sessions to completely restore my frontal half. I'll worry about the back later, but I feel like having real hair framing my face would make the battle 100x easier, with things like partial hair systems and concealers available.

I just hope that's a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    I saw a success story of a dude taking oral spiro and very little side effects and complete temple regrowth. A younger guy. This was on *** and he did post pics.

I wouldn't go that far though.

My endgame is Dutasteride + a few FUE sessions to completely restore my frontal half. I'll worry about the back later, but I feel like having real hair framing my face would make the battle 100x easier, with things like partial hair systems and concealers available.

I just hope that's a viable plan.
    It's extremely hard to regrow and even maintain (if your loss is aggressive) the hairline/frontal area...Dut should keep the crown and mid area in good shape for a while, FUE to frame the face..worst case u lose more down the road and shave it and atleast have somthign framing your face