+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The drug has been available for well over a decade now. If it was that bad it would have been banned in at least some countries. I'm really quite annoyed at how you've chimed in and spoiled this post as I intended to really clear up a lot of the misunderstandings of the side effects but I guess it's to be expected. For anyone still reading this after the comments, you can rest assured that i'm the regular guy who is paranoid over these issues and always has bad luck. Thus far i've had only minor problems. If I go off the drug it will be slowly the same way I came on it. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot but i'm sure that if I have no side effects by 5 months i'm in the clear zone. Despite having only recently started the full dosage, the potency of this drug is not linear and the half pill I was taking was just as strong as the full dose.

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    If anything, there is not enough fear about taking this drug
    LOL There is plenty of fear about this drug. There is a team of guys with ED that help spread fear whenever anybody has anything positive to say about fin.

Three drugs FDA approved/proven to work, That's it. Both have their risks. Educate yourself on those risks and decide what is important. If you decide not to treat your hair loss, great it is your choice, then accept to continue to lose hair.

If you decide to treat then accept the risks. I take finasteride and accept the fact that I can stop taking the drug at any time. I have read all about the potential sides and if I get any of these sides I will stop taking the drug.

I also realize that unfortunately ED is a problem that many men will have to deal with whether or not they have taken finasteride. I believe some guys have been screwed up by fin, but definitely not all.

Quote Originally Posted by 22able View Post
    The drug has been available for well over a decade now. If it was that bad it would have been banned in at least some countries. I'm really quite annoyed at how you've chimed in and spoiled this post as I intended to really clear up a lot of the misunderstandings of the side effects but I guess it's to be expected. For anyone still reading this after the comments, you can rest assured that i'm the regular guy who is paranoid over these issues and always has bad luck. Thus far i've had only minor problems. If I go off the drug it will be slowly the same way I came on it. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot but i'm sure that if I have no side effects by 5 months i'm in the clear zone. Despite having only recently started the full dosage, the potency of this drug is not linear and the half pill I was taking was just as strong as the full dose.
    Unfortunately you need to get used to it. Whenever there is a positive experience reported they have to chime in with their message of fear. It is really a disservice to hair loss sufferers everywhere. Many people will be frightened away from treating their hair loss unfortunately because of these guys.

None of the statistics back up their claims, NONE!. This drug has been in use for 2 decades and only now we are hearing about how dangerous this drug is?! The studies/statistics are there for everybody to review, but they would rather go to that feeble anti propecia website to get their "facts".

OP, I appreciate your message though, and I am sure many other do too. Don't let those guys get to you, if they do just do what most people around here do, put them on ignore.

Default Don't do it now

You've only been on Propecia 5 months, that is nothing.

I had the same start as you and thought it was acceptable.

You will kid yourself that 'hey my willy is only marginally softer and I'm still pretty horny', before saying to yourself 'man I'm tired. I must be getting old / working too hard'.

In a few years you might still feel like this.

Eventually your dick will stop working, your muscles will fade away, you won't need to shave, your nails won't grow, you will be sick all the time, anxious, depressed and totally uninterested in life. If you are willing to risk all of that for some hair on your head then be my guest, but don't say you weren't warned.

It's a slow burn and the side effects will muller you eventually.

Don't take the risk.

The latest reply doesn't hold much credibility.

It shows many put the blame on propecia for every possible problem.

How is fin gonna destroy your muscle mass? Utter nonsense when you've made your research and know how its use is widespread in bodybuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton View Post

You will kid yourself that 'hey my willy is only marginally softer and I'm still pretty horny', before saying to yourself 'man I'm tired. I must be getting old / working too hard'.

Eventually your dick will stop working, your muscles will fade away, you won't need to shave, your nails won't grow, you will be sick all the time, anxious, depressed and totally uninterested in life. If you are willing to risk all of that for some hair on your head then be my guest, but don't say you weren't warned.

Don't take the risk.
    Nope. 5 months is more than long enough to know if I will have side effects or not. My doctors opinion > fearing mongering on a forum. I plan to review my progress after a year anyway.

Don't take the risk.

+1. Guy just nailed it. Nuff' said.

Nice of you to give him the worst case scenario
    People who treat DHT inhibs as a last resort have it backwards. Your hair = your face. Giving up your face should be the last resort, saving it should not be.
    When a guy avoids DHT inhibs & goes NW6, I hope he has fun celebrating the firmness of his erections by himself, because women are not going to celebrate it with him

Good luck to you OP

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Nice of you to give him the worst case scenario
    People who treat DHT inhibs as a last resort have it backwards. Your hair = your face. Giving up your face should be the last resort, saving it should not be.
    When a guy avoids DHT inhibs & goes NW6, I hope he has fun celebrating the firmness of his erections by himself, because women are not going to celebrate it with him

Good luck to you OP
    Thing is everyday when im out in the world, I see bald guys , walking tall with fit girls doting on them, I assume if not for their looks they're rocking big hard dicks to keep the girls interested?!

Quote Originally Posted by 22able View Post
    It has been banned in some countries, do your research.