+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 7 months in/ unhappy

Hey all,
    I posted on here about a month ago.
    I'm basically gonna state the same thing. I'm 7 months into my transplant and severely un happy so far. My hair is thin and sparce. There's not much I could do to style it and I have to use topic to conceal how thin it actually is. At 7 months is my growth actually done? Am I just waiting for it to thicken? At this point I'm almost positive I am going to need another pass. I do not feel like going thru this fir another year. My son inlaw told me the other day that u look like a guy in his 40s going bald or thinning out. That's not really what i wanted to hear. I guess I'm looking for some words if encouragement but at the same point I want honesty in what to expect from this point on. Thanx for your time.

Can you post a pic ?

If you want words if encouragement or honesty you need to post some pre-op and post-op pictures, and it would be helpful to know who your doctor is if you're willing to divulge that information.

I don't want to sound ridiculous but I can't figure out how to post the pics.
    My doctors name is Nicholas Agnessi and he works out of Cleveland Ohio.
    I had 3042 grafts done. 2000+ up front and 1000 in the crown where I was thinning. How do you post pics ?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead0311 View Post
    Hey all,
    I posted on here about a month ago.
    I'm basically gonna state the same thing. I'm 7 months into my transplant and severely un happy so far. My hair is thin and sparce. There's not much I could do to style it and I have to use topic to conceal how thin it actually is. At 7 months is my growth actually done? Am I just waiting for it to thicken? At this point I'm almost positive I am going to need another pass. I do not feel like going thru this fir another year. My son inlaw told me the other day that u look like a guy in his 40s going bald or thinning out. That's not really what i wanted to hear. I guess I'm looking for some words if encouragement but at the same point I want honesty in what to expect from this point on. Thanx for your time.
    It's a good idea to take photos about once per week so you can track progress. Transplanted hair has a fine caliber at first and thickens over time. Hair shaft diameter has a much bigger impact on coverage than most men realize. Some men take longer to see a satisfactory result.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Thumbs up

So just a little update:
    I went to see a friend who manages a hair club near where I live. He was nice enough to run a high powered electronic microscope that puts an enlarged image on the TV I've my head. I saw quite a bit of new growth goin on up there plus a lot of little white bumps that are hairs that Have not come in yet. So even at 7 months and 15 days I still have hair growing. I guess everyone is much different in there hair transplant experiences. I've heard guys say that at 6 months what you have at that point is pretty much the end of your growth stage and it starts to thicken at that point. Well I'm happy to say..... That gentleman was wrong. I still have hopes that it will look better with some more growth but I'm sure I will eventually need another pass. Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive.

Hey Jarhead. Putting up photos on here requires you to publish them on on the web. Use 'photobucket to take your photos and put them up here.

Its easy.

get your phone and take the photos. plug your phone into the computer. upload them into your computer put them on the desktop.

then go grab a free account on photobucket and upload them there. Then copy them one by one.

push the yellow square button at the top of the reply box and copy the url into that . It will paste the photo into this box.

You can also use the "manage attachments" button. When you go to reply scroll down past the submit reply button and you will see an additional options box. In there you will find the manage attachments button. This will allow you to post pics straight from your computer if you don't want to use a pic hosting site

I just uploaded a few pics directly from my phone. I hope it worked. Pic 1 is the day of my procedure. Pic 2 is maybe month 5. Pic 3 is right now 11/4/13.
    I'm around 7 months & 2 weeks. I had 3042 grafts. 2000+ up front and the remaining 1000 thru the back of my head.

Jarhead,

Actually, from endless observations, you are right at the point post-op that a lot of regrowth is occurring and should on average continue up to nine months post-op. Sure there are some differences between individuals, some experience faster regrowth than others, some slower.

But this is why many doctors want their patients to give the procedure a full year to evaluate the procedure. Hair caliber is the single most critical factor considered in attaining the illusion of coverage.

Many individuals that have an above average grade of hair caliber tend to notice a significant difference in coverage because of the improvement to hair shaft diameter as they get beyond the ninth month or so post-op.

It is very possible that you will feel differently once you get twelve to fifteen months post-op.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin