+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Finasteride Expierences

okay guys! i've been on finasteride for nearly 4 months now! been using rogaine and nizoral shampoo for nearly 4 months aswell! I don't think there are any major improvements in my hair, but i'm not fully sure just yet. 4 months might be a bit too early to notice any decent improvements. I have also experienced no side effects at all.

What month(if any) did you start noticing a change and major improvement in your hair? Are you happy with the product? How do you take your finasteride? What time of day do you take your finasteride? Share your experiences guys, would love to hear them.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi there Townie , Ive been on Fin' for almost 3 months now. My wife and I already do sense that there is some type of minor change on my scalp.
    I have to tell everyone this as well,
    I went in for my yearly security badge renewal at work.
    Employee images are updated every year as well and placed on the badge.
    The city worker , after taking my picture, compared the 2 badges and asked me this
    " It looks like you have more hair on the new badge (compared to last year's) am I right?"
    I responded,,'I guess so' LOL.
    Talk about a positive experience..

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi there Townie , Ive been on Fin' for almost 3 months now. My wife and I already do sense that there is some type of minor change on my scalp.
    I have to tell everyone this as well,
    I went in for my yearly security badge renewal at work.
    Employee images are updated every year as well and placed on the badge.
    The city worker , after taking my picture, compared the 2 badges and asked me this
    " It looks like you have more hair on the new badge (compared to last year's) am I right?"
    I responded,,'I guess so' LOL.
    Talk about a positive experience..
    Good to hear that mate. How much hairloss had you before you started finasteride?

Townie, Im at a NW5a (approx)
    Check out my thread regarding my Finasteride usage thus far.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13550

Of course anything positive that we have noticed thus far has been minor and anecdotal at best.
    My hair on top affected by DHT seems to have developed better pigmentation and fluffiness and my 'good' hair has definitely shown to be more robust these days!

Townie, Im at a NW5a (approx)
    Check out my thread regarding my Finasteride usage thus far.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13550

Of course anything positive that we have noticed thus far has been minor and anecdotal at best.
    My hair on top affected by DHT seems to have developed better pigmentation and fluffiness and my 'good' hair has definitely shown to be more robust these days!
    just read it there man! good to hear you've noticed improvements! I am only 20 and i am a NW2(approx). I have thinning on both temples and the recession process has began. Seen as I still have plenty of hair, maybe i think that is why it is harder to notice significant improvements? Does that make sense do you think? I'm hoping after another few months i will feel how you feel at the moment, i'd imagine it is a good feeling!

Thumbs up

That does make sense Townie ,,hang in there.
    I believe that you will see much more improvement in time..especially since you are so young my friend. "Patience is a virtue"
    By the way,,thank you for checking out my Fin' thread.

No problem man

That does make sense Townie ,,hang in there.
    I believe that you will see much more improvement in time..especially since you are so young my friend. "Patience is a virtue"
    By the way,,thank you for checking out my Fin' thread.
    My only fear is that the piece of tablet i take is too small for it to be effective. I take a quarter of a 5mg tablet of proscar. The quarter piece is so small that i wonder at times does it even get digested into my system. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    just read it there man! good to hear you've noticed improvements! I am only 20 and i am a NW2(approx). I have thinning on both temples and the recession process has began. Seen as I still have plenty of hair, maybe i think that is why it is harder to notice significant improvements? Does that make sense do you think? I'm hoping after another few months i will feel how you feel at the moment, i'd imagine it is a good feeling!
    Sorry mate, you are a NW 3. Lately I have been seeing many posts from you that proscar isn't working, it's making it worse etc...
    I would suggest to you just stay away from this forum and take good quality picture every month. Lurking on this forum is actually quite depressing, it constantly reminds you of your hair loss.
    Stick with your regime, take pictures and compare.
    Remember sometimes it can take up to 18 months to see improvement, but in reality if you manage to maintain your hair you should be happy.
    Take pictures!!