+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Good Morning all (US time)
    Townie I know of someone personally (not here on the forum)
    who had a very good response from Finasteride(he was on it for a couple of years). He would take .5 mg each day by breaking the 1 mg in half.
    In my research I have seen much info that .5 does very good.
    I decided to stay on 1 mg for the time being.
    Apparently Finasteride packs a lot of punch.
    Jetfly makes good sense, thanks Jet'.
    Don't become obsessed (not saying that you are) with hair loss forums,,even Spencer Kobren advises that, especially for our young members.

It can take 6 - 9 months for Propecia to really show it's mettle. Keep going, but be warned. The side effects will creep up on you and your body will become a human jelly/jello.

It took me 12 months before I really noticed a massive improvement.

It took me a further 7 years before I lost my libido, became exhausted, anxious etc. As soon as I stopped the medication I was back to normal for a week, then had the post termination 'crash' and have been struggling ever since (2 years!).

Be warned.

Give it a rest dude. The stuff is really getting old. Every one has read the same fear spreading garbage a thousand times over. We know the risks and decided to take what has been proven to help. I don't get what you guys are trying to prove. Are you here to try to help guys or scare them into not treating their hair loss? I don't understand why you would do that. The way I see it, all you guys(the ones that always chime in on how finasteride destroyed their life) are miserable and want everybody else to join in your misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    want everybody else to join in your misery.
    I'd say it's about 50/50 with those who actually are trying to keep people from their fate and people who just don't want to see people successful with the drug because they weren't.

Life isn't fair, but nobody gets anywhere without risk...

Guess I could come in here and give some info about my case. I'm a 20 year old guy who started to lose slow ever since 18, when I was 19-20 I had a really bad depression period with stress and I lost tons of hair, half my hairline was pretty much gone, that is when I decided to go on propecia and damn son I almost have a hairline again and It's only been 4 months, although the length of the hair is a big difference as I do have pretty long hair (shoulder length almost) so half my hairline is long and the other part is maybe 2 months of hair on so about 4ish cm.

And I don't lose like crazy anymore either, I do think bunch of the regrowth is because of my stress/depression period I had and you are bound to regrow that hair once you are out of that phase, or so I heard at least.

Had some watery semen for about 3 weeks then I was back to normal and I do cum a lot easier ever since I started with Propecia (no idea if it is a side effect though), although I can keep it up the same amount as before so I don't really care all that much.

Started July 1th, so it's close to 4 months soon, missed 2 days on the pill (today was one of those days). I am thinking about using Minoxdil also but I am actually a bit afraid, pretty funny as I just jumped on Propecia even though I read about all the sides and such. Will wait 1 year at least before I decide if I should start with Minoxdil or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Affect View Post
    and damn son I almost have a hairline again
    I want this.

Are you using Propecia brand 1mg Finasteride?

I cant get rid of the feeling that all the success stories come from people using brand name Propecia...

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    I want this.

I cant get rid of the feeling that all the success stories come from people using brand name Propecia...
    Finasteride and Propecia are chemically the exact same thing. One has a brand name on the label and the other does not.

I always get the generic version of any medication I purchase if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    I want this.

I use the Propecia brand, went to the doctors asked for Finastride and he said he didn't want to give me that as It was approved for hair loss but that he could give me Propecia. I do think that I got such a good regrowth because I had stress/depression thingy that made me lose half my hairline. If it continues as it has now I will probably be a NW2-2,5ish(basically I have a mature hairline with some loss on the hairline on the sides, really minimal but annoying for me, people don't really notice it) then I can hopefully get a hair transplant to make some finishing touches, I'm thinking about 1000-1500 grafs FUE with Dr Rahal , although this will probably be a few years down the line, maybe when I'm 24-25.

I've been going on fin for about a month or so.

I've noticed no improvement at all, but I'm not noticing any more shedding than what I usually find on the pillow / shower.

One thing I will say... I break the pill into little pieces (like it says in the instructions) so I can take 1mg a day.

I take it in the evening before it after dinner, I don't really take notice. But when I do take it, I can deffo feel my skin feel different, not itchy but I can just sense something is going on in my body.

Plus my mouth becomes so dry!

But I just fall asleep and it's all back to normal in the morning. Anyone else feel similar effects or is it just me being weird?! Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Affect View Post
    I do cum a lot easier ever since I started with Propecia
    This is a side the pharmacist told me about when I filled my prescription.

Pro Tip: When you are with your girlfriend and you feel you are about to blow your load too early start thinking about something you find disgusting. Road kill or unattractive women do it for me. That should help increase your hold out time.