+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CB vs. RU

Default CB vs. RU

I was looking into various threads about the different treatments. I see some applications called RU and CB. Since there is such a large amount of info and text amassed it is hard to digest all of it.

I understand to a certain extent the mechanisms behind Minoxidil and Finasteride. Minoxidil somehow stimulates growth. Fin is supposed to prevent Testerone from converting into DHT.

I understand CB and RU aim to accomplish the same thing as Fin? Are these being developed by some scientist in his basement (Adam K) or another guy (Kane)?

What are the significant differences between CB and RU? Why would I choose one over the other?

Why would I chose and trust these over Fin? How can there be a claim of no Fin-like side effects? Is there any truth behind that?

Also, I see some discussion on-going about vehicles. Choosing the right vehicle? How am I supposed to know what vehicle is good for me? What types are there, which are better, etc?

In short, based on studies + trials CB is better than RU

BUT, based on experimentation amongst forum members ie anecdotal info, RU is better. We believe it is because the right vehicle has not been found for CB.

At this point and time I'd suggest RU, but many new vehicles are being tested for CB and we should know in the coming months if any prove effective.

RU can have fin like sides...though some that have sides on fin are fine on RU

CB has an excellent safety profile

Choice of vehicle will depend on a couple different things

ie if PG irritates you, if you apply other topicals etc

Thank you very much Dan for the quick and detailed answers. Very detailed as well.

So, as far as I understand, the vehicle is more about the general feeling and experience rather than the absorbability of the substance in the solvent? Would that generally be also something that varies from person to person where one person absorbs better woth glycerin where others are better with ethanol or PG?

I need to know what to mix my RU with? I couldn't wait any longer for CB. I'm still waiting for it. If any one knows how and what please post.

Ya man pretty much. Obviously for CB you want something highly penetrative as 1) dont have to worry as much about it going systemic like RU 2) has a bigger MW than RU 3) Its more expensive

For RU, most use either KB or the traditional eth/pg. I've seen mixed results from people. I do think it depends on your skin type and factors such as that. The only way to know for sure is to try one and if it doesn't work try another. I'd say start with eth/pg (although you want to avoid ethanol).

I think only 1 or 2 guys have had success with CB in an eth/pg type vehicle. Soon some people on other forums will be trying CB in different vehicles. Ill def post here if people start seeing results.

Me personally, I've used RU in different vehicles without much success, and am trying CB soon. Id still suggest going with RU as a lot of people do report success, and just waiting on CB for a while until people get results.