+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Started taking Propecia

Hey everyone. I'm 23, and first started noticing the loss of my juvenile hairline around 21. Dad went bald around 27-28 (although I suspect it began much younger) and his brother and dad the same. Mum's side is fairly solid, all men are NW3 at very old ages and pretty thick hair. After a year of (probably rather pointlessly) applying minoxidil to my hairline and using nizoral shampoo occasionally, I have finally decided to jump on fin. I have been fanatically monitoring my hairline for around 18 months now, and whilst the temporal recession hasn't been particularly dramatic, a sudden general loss of thickness has prompted me to get serious with this.

Have been taking 0.5g Propecia brand for four days now. So far, the only sides are perhaps that I have been sweating a whole lot more than normal (could obviously be coincidental). Has anyone else noticed this side? My libido/erection has been unaffected thus far although obviously it's early days. I will update this thread with any new sides and obviously updates on my hair. Currently I think I'm a NW2, but the temples are starting to thin quite dramatically up until around the NW3 point. Crown also seems a bit dodgy when wet, but not noticeable at all really when dry. I will post baseline photos soon.

These are some photos, no idea if I have formatted them properly.

Edit: They seem to work if you right click the icon and chose open in other window.

This is what it looks like normally, If I have slightly styled it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1001[1].jpg

Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	23736  

hey dude! ya looks like the combo of rogaine/fin will do the job! the hair is looking pretty good amigo! if you can i would up it to 1 mg in about a month or 2. Then again I have heard of people having phenomenal results with minox/.5 mg of fin. Best of luck. Peace!

Good job jumping on your hair loss early. I started losing my hair around the same time as you, but didn't treat it until my mid 30's. It was way to late to start. Hopefully you will stop the loss in its tracks.

I've been taking 0.5mg for a week now. Watery semen and some increased sweating are the only sides to report, everything else is fully functioning. I seem to have stopped shedding as much as I was a week earlier, although not sure if this just coincidental.

I'll probably update it after one month to see if any other sides have developed, and see how my hair is.

Do exactly that. Pop the pill and don't even waste time thinking about it. It will just mess with your head. See you in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckingAngels View Post

Have been taking 0.5g Propecia brand for four days now. So far, the only sides are perhaps that I have been sweating a whole lot more than normal (could obviously be coincidental). Has anyone else noticed this side? My libido/erection has been unaffected thus far although obviously it's early days.
    Yeah, the sweating is not a coincidence.. it's because the drug is ****ing with your system. Take your pulse and blood pressure too, I bet your systolic is 10 to 20 points higher than a week ago. Elevated blood pressure became an issue for me from propecia.

See my posts elsewhere.

Get off Propecia while your penis still works, you have energy, aren't anxious, depressed or have lost interest in life.

Propecia is dangerous.

You might get away with nominal side effects for months or even years but eventually it will creep up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    Yeah, the sweating is not a coincidence.. it's because the drug is ****ing with your system. Take your pulse and blood pressure too, I bet your systolic is 10 to 20 points higher than a week ago. Elevated blood pressure became an issue for me from propecia.
    The sweating has stopped now it seems. Of course it could return, and I am going to be monitoring the other variables you mention, but for now I seem much the same as two weeks ago.